Black Spirituality Religion : Our Power

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Music Producer, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94

Amos:3:3: Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

What needs to occur for Judah (African Americans) to gain Power will never occur as long as we cling to all of the false gods the heathens / gentiles have shoved in our minds.
    It makes us weak as a whole people and they know that.

Gen:32:28: And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Hosea:12:3: He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

The GOD of the Old Testament is our Power. With out HIM we are nothing but descendants of slaves and will always be that until we humble ourselves before the LORD.

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Hmm...good luck trying to get your point across in these forums..your statements can prove to be rather unproductive considering that Black people do not solely ascribe to YHWH as "god" and this was the situation before us coming to this country and a number of folks are Muslim or practice Traditional African Religions which may include Khemetic spirituality.

Respect the beliefs of others and I am sure yours will be respected as well. But really, not all of us respond to being labeled "Judah"...

Sounds to me like some hebrew israelite doctrine which I am sure is in the minority opinion in the Black community.

3. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    I understand, for it has already been written.

Isa:10:22: For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness.

GOD is purging his people so that a Nation built by HIM and for HIM will never ever have to be destroyed by HIM ever again. All of those that reject GOD also have a destiny.

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    It sounds like the Jewish version of the NOI when they first came to America trying to take advantage of the Black struggle to promote their religion. And NOI isn't even true Islam. So this man's Judaism isn't even true Judaism because it's based on the scriptures christianity borrowed from Judaism (Old Testament) rather than the Jewish scriptures..

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Brother our power is that we are many minds from many directions trying to achieve the same goal. The way to righteousness has many turns, bends and crooks that we must travel alone. Brother Music I suggest you be more concerned with the destination and less concerned with the journey. We are not always the masters of our destiny. Sometime we are guided or called to travel in a specific direction. Either way let us hope that we finish at the same destination regardless of the path to get there...

Peace....

6. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Due to the fact that I posted this.

Gen:32:28: And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

and this……

Hosea:12:3: He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

You basically just told GOD what you think our power is over what HE just told you.

Did you know Jesus does the same thing…

Mt:5:28: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Mt:5:32: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mt:5:34: But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

So did you learn how to rebel against The GOD of the Old Testament from Jesus?

That’s all I am trying to show, that we have strayed so far from our One True GOD through listening to Gentiles and Heathens that we don’t even have a concept of what we do and say against our GOD.

A percentage of Black people on this earth are the original descendants of the people of Judah. The people recorded in the Torah and Tanach are your ancestors. But you have let the Heathen and Gentiles convince you that Jews are white people running around in the desert calling themselves Jews.

Hosea:1:10: Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

7. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    What I'm saying is it's hard to witness to someone if you call them a heathen. I could go into a great debate with you about the purpose of the Old Testament and show you several scriptures from the Old Testament foretelling the coming of the Messiah and the purpose for a Messiah to come but it wouldn't matter because you have your version of the truth that appeals to your sensability. God has placed you where you are in this time for a reason. Can you say with certainty that from birth you were on the same path of righteousness that you are on now? Not many of us can say that. Infact most of us can say for certainty that we were not on a path of righteousness at all one point in our lives. I say this Brother because there is a difference between sharing your opinion of the truth and proclaiming it to be the truth. You share part of my truth but not all. There are some here that don't share any of my truth or yours and vice versa. You must recognize that God has placed us in different place and different stage of spiritual growth. No one on earth is fully spiritually mature. As long as we are alive on this earth we never stop growing. Even in the fleeding moments of life before death. The God I believe in is a forgiving God. Like the parable of the Prodigal Son we leave our father's house to see what we can see on our own. When we have learned our lesson and return home our father still welcomes us back with open arms happier than the day we were born. Don't you not think this was done purposefully? Sometime we must venture and explore before we can find certainty. When we finally return home we will know the truth. Brother respect our brothers and sisters journey for they seek the truth like me and you....

Peace.....

8. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    I understand what you are saying and I feel where you are coming from, but you and I both know that the only way to that final Truth is to start talking about it, studying it, debating it, comparing it and presenting what we have with each other.

If I start a thread showing my personal Truth as to how I have become aware that Jesus is Lucifer should that thread be closed?
    Should Servants of Jesus bring their own personal reason and refute what I present?
    Should we debate it together?

You tell me, what is the best course of action to start black people to talking with each other instead of at each other?

Just like the information I presented to you in the previous post….. You didn’t even address it, you ignored it all together.

What needs to be done to get black people talking about GOD for real?
    When I say for real, I mean talking about what is actually written.
    Or is it that no one on this forum has enough literal knowledge of the Bible to debate and talk about it?
    If that’s the case how do we justify putting faith in a god in whom we have never read his doctrine?

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    sister river,

This is TRUE!

10. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Brother I didn't go int the Jesus is Lucifer thread because we have been through that before. Unless you are a different person you can check my archived threads on the subject. Brother what you must understand is our brothers and sisters don't see God as you and I may therefore there is no debate. What you are doing is debating the validity of scripture to those who may not believe. That is a colossal waste of time. All this causes us to do is go in circles over the same issues gaining no ground..So you ask how are we to discuss God?

Genesis 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

In this scripture man was created in the image and likeness of God. This means when God sees us God should see himself. Also when other men see us they should see God as well. We are beings that comprehend primarily by sight not by word. Faith come by hearing according to the Bible. But to those who have a different perception they will not see nor hear unless it's something so striking they must pay attention. See brother if you want people to see God they must see God not you. God should unite us not divide. God will unite us but only if people see God. Yes you may be explaining scriptures but are you showing people God. Is the creator not more than his instructions. Instruction are only part brother. Brother if you want people to see God share your journey not your doctrine. You'll find that your experiences are more appealing. Especially if you learn to reflect God.

Peace......