Black People : Our people Should Not Be So Poor

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dunwiddat, Sep 20, 2012.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Recently I heard on the news that over 100 people died in Nigeria. These people died after a oil tanker overturned and the people started to syphon off the oil. Just two years ago over 160 died doing the same thing

What makes it so disgraceful is that Nigeria is the world's third largest producer of oil. Why is it that with all of this oil money our people have to endanger their lives. I am grieved at the whole African Continent. Politicians are seeking their own livelihood at the expense of the people. No proper roads. the mortality rate for children is outrageous. We have intelligent, men and women on the African Continent.....why can't they put their heads together and begin to think about their people. I would not even bother talking about Haiti that is another story in itself. Why do our people have this approach to their own. Africa is a rich country but for some reason poverty keeps rearing its ugly head. An old proverb states.. Without vision the people perish.

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    The whole continent ain't corrupt. In fact, the world be a better place if they modeled themselves after some African countries, most notably Botswana, Ghana, Senegal and South Africa.

3. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    I know the whole continent is not corrupt, but my point was those people in Nigeria had no right dying. As for South Africa I am not so sure if enough is being done for blacks in South Africa. There is more to life than just having a black government... My aim is not to criticise but to point out that there is much more that can be done.

http://www.poverties.org/poverty-in-africa.html