Brother's Only Chat : Our Own Black People School !

Other General Suggestions (sorry for chaining posts)

I think for a project like this it would be good to use free and open source software whenever possible. I know the price of software might be an issue for some people and I see no reason to use expensive commercial solutions, when there are free alternatives.

I'm up for suggesting things as it takes shape or someone else can.

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Sister Destee,

I have successfully changed my password and am ready to begin Moodle 101, whenever you are ready.

Gorilla,

You are cordially invited to share your suggestions with brother and sisters of like minds on Thursday's in Chat, beginning at 7:00 PM Central, every Thursday, we hold our weekly; Rebuilding and Reuniting our Community Meeting, from 7 to 9.

Please consider attending and becoming part of this effort in keeping with the below link:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36092

The title of this thread is: One Step Away From Greatness...., which we truly are...Peace In.

I didn't think those suggestions would be that useful when I wrote them haha. I just noticed what seemed like a thread looking for distance learning solutions and posted a few ideas.

Moodle seems like a good choice for an online school. It looks like there's quite a bit of documentation and it looks pretty customizable.

On curriculum

I'm not an educator or a good teacher either, but I hope some other folks who are could fill this role. I'm not even sure where I am on the gradient of ideals around these parts, since i'm sort of new.

Compensating Teachers

I would hope that teachers would be willing to do this for free or irregular compensation. The best way to make something like this accessible would be to not charge a tuition or fees. I know this might be a little impractical, but this seems like a good opportunity for experience for less experienced teachers and for willing students to learn.

Study Group Courses

There is a very huge wealth of open courseware out there from a lot of different Universities around the world. I think it would be a good idea that some of the courses in the online school just be study groups for specific courses elsewhere.

There's a lot of impressive resources that go with these open courses, such as lectures (audio/video), practice problems/homework, and exams.

There is also the possibility of some teachers using these materials for courses to build off of to save them time and effort.

Also, could I have an account too? I'd like to poke around and see how things are on there. It'll be interesting to see how this progresses.

I think for a project like this it would be good to use free and open source software whenever possible. I know the price of software might be an issue for some people and I see no reason to use expensive commercial solutions, when there are free alternatives.

I'm up for suggesting things as it takes shape or someone else can.

Brother Gorilla ... we appreciate, want, and need your input. Thank you for it!

You make some very good points above, and i think we (as a Family) will have to make some hard decisions, as we move forward. So, keep them coming, as it is all good food for thought

As it relates to gaining access to the school at this point, there are prerequisites for this class ... Understanding Moodle 101 ... and work will be expected.

We're not letting folk in right now, just to poke around, but if you can meet the prerequisite, and still want in, we want you! :)

So take a peek at this post, follow the instructions within it, if interested ... and i'll give you access.

Even if you don't wanna do any work right now, we appreciate what you've already done!

Oh ... and there's nothing wrong with "chaining posts" ... :)

If you have any questions, let me know.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Yes sister phynxofkmt,

And based on my review, in my opinion most of which the link offers could be of help, I think at this point, Destee is more concerned that those willing step up and become teachers, through learning Moodle 101, by making themselves available for that class; and of course, you qualify.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back