destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Isaiah said:
Kannte, thank you for bringing this topic to the board, because it actually deserves a forum unto itself!

In any event, I wish that there were a forum entirely dedicated to CULTURE at Destee's ...

Hi Brother Isaiah ... requests for new forums are usually met with some reluctance as we have so many already, and they've all been established so that most any topic could be discussed within at least one of them.

But since you've posted this request ... oh my goodness ... "culture" has done all but visited me in my dreams, asking for her own place at the table!

It's amazing how much we can learn from each other sharing in an environment such as this. You'd think i'd no longer be surprised at the amount of knowledge and wisdom shared, but it has not ceased to amaze me.

Brother Kannte's original culture thread is relatively young and when it was first posted, i couldn't wrap my mind around "culture" ... when you first made the request for the forum, i still didn't get it ... Sister Queenie initiated a discussion between the Mods regarding your request and i encouraged us to go through the normal routine of determining if we really needed a separate place just for culture ... but since that short time ... culture has shown me how lacking she is amongst our people and that it could very well be as you said, the number one reason we are like we are ... and sadly, that's because she's nowhere in the picture!

Stripped of her so many years ago, replaced by some other culture that was not our own ... and probably wasn't the property of those who gave it to us ... we have stumbled along trying to live, adjust, understand, and make better the results of something totally foreign to us ... like a fish living out of water. While it would be impossible for a fish to do this, we have done it, but not without great injury. It's a wonder we still live and breathe in this country with even a hint of our right minds.

All of this to say, thank you for the suggestion! Thank you Brother Kannte for starting the culture thread and bringing it to my mind! I'm quite hopeful regarding what we may learn together ... and unlearn! ... regarding culture.

So here she is ... :) ... in all her beautiful blackness ... our new Culture Forum!

We are blessed to have each other. Thank you all for being here.

:heart:

Destee

Hmmmm...now God works in sho nuff mysterious ways, and I'm happy for that, no doubt(smile!) I was thinking that I would use brother Kannte's thread to revisit this issue again and again, and somehow carve out a small place for the discussion of our culture, but lo and behold miracles do happen!!!(smile!)

"She", as pertains to Our Culture, is right, Destee, and your opening monologue was breath-takingly beautiful...(smile!) It feels like I am in a hallowed place... How appropriate that is, too... I will be a good contributor to this place, and treat it as the temple that it is... Thank you Destee, NNQueen, PanAFrica, and moderators, for making this great edifice possible...

Peace!
Isaiah

I am so pleased to see this NEW addition to our Forum collection! I'm am truly looking forward to learning more about our "culture" and how to reclaim it. Thank you Brothers Isaiah and Kannte for the GREAT suggestion.

Peace,
Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back