Our New Podcast Welcome Page

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Destee, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've been trying to find a solution that meets all of our needs, regarding audio files. We have so many classes, poetry, great information being shared, and it would do my heart good to make all of these audio files available to all ... but i need a solution that will do it in the manner that i'd like (and can afford).

Anyway, in my search for that, i found information on how to set up a relatively simply podcast page. It doesn't do nearly enough for our needs mentioned above, but it's awfully cute, and ready for our use! :D

Once you get to the page ... to listen to the selection of your choice ... just click on the ORANGE PLAY BUTTON :

[​IMG]

Basically, what this page will be, is like a Podcast Welcome Page, for new Members. We can share small audio clips about the community, classes, projects, or anything we'd like others to know regarding what is going on here, and how we live. I intend to use it to share community wide announcements and concerns. I often do this during Class with Destee, but this will allow those who could not attend class some of the same information.

I invite each and every one of you, to create your own podcast for this page. It can be just a brief audio recording of how you feel about the community, and why you think others should join us! Yes, a page talking about how much we love this place! I know i'm not alone regarding this, so please, let your voice be heard.

As i'm learning about podcasting, it seems to be pretty big on the Internet. Podcasting allows one to have a virtual radio program, with no licensing fees, where others can come and hear you (us). I'd like to caution you on using copyrighted material in your podcasts (music, content, etc.). I'm not an attorney, and i don't know what the laws are, so please ... let's honor each other's property properly, and not even have to worry about that.

Sister Goddess Auset was the first to add her voice to the page. Thank You Beloved! All i did was record her in chat, and upload the audio file. For the most part, that is all a podcast seems to be, an audio recording. As i've searched the net, i see that some podcasts are really jazzy, with music, commercials, and everything. A real radio program. We aren't there yet, and don't worry if you can't do all of that right now. We can grow to that place.

I just added an additional podcast to the page, explaining what the page is for, and how we will use it. I simply recorded my voice, with my microphone, right here on the computer. I used the audio program Audacity, which is free. It allows you to record, and then export the file as an mp3. Hopefully one day soon, we'll be doing really jazzy stuff too, like i've heard on other sites! :wink:

Please Family ... let's all do an audio file. You want to keep it small for now, under 2 MB (about 2 minutes worth). I'll work on changing the server settings so we can upload larger files, but that isn't really what this page is for. On this page, we want little short clips, sharing with the world, how we feel about our home, and the relationships we've been able to form and nurture. The communing we've been able to do together. We've done so much together. I think of the babies born, the Family that has passed on, so many things we've shared!

That's basically it. I'll be adding links to the podcast page, throughout the community, so everyone can get there easily.

If you want your own podcast, just record it, and send it to me ... and i'll get it up.

I Love You All!

:heart:

Destee

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    That is so cool ......another thumbs up to you sista Destee

3. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Excellent move. This is something I was speaking about a few months ago, videoblogging and podcasting, both of which are very important emerging technologies. I have several software programs I am using but as with with my various podcast and internet radio sites (such as live365.com) there are copyright issues and changes in legislation regarding "fair use" poilcy. I will post some "sample" material once I obtain licensing and am able to resolve some of these issues.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Kewl Brother $$RICH$$ ... i'm glad you like it!

Did you hear you? Do you remember when you did that recording?

That was back when we tried to have audio load on the page, but it made it too heavy ... remember?

You can make another one if you'd like ... especially for this ... since you can talk for 2 whole minutes! :)

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother O ... i'm glad you like it !!! :)

Are you gonna give me a 2 minute little recording of you, and what you think of this community (the good stuff) ... :lol: ... because i know you think good stuff. You've been so wonderful to me, to us ... sharing yourself, your money, your time, your knowledge.

How about it ... plus ... you did that video thing at that other site, and you don't even love them! :)

Is that a yes Brother O ... ?

Destee

6. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Sister Destee, as I states, as soon as i resolve some tech problems. And about that "video thing"...sorry to disappoint you....but I get plenty of "love" from those who support my own sites....especially my MUSIC....ok....lol!

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Okay Brother O ... i'll patiently wait for your tech issues to be resolved.

I really kinda guessed that you didn't love them youtube people, like you love us ... my bad ... :eeek:

Wait ... how you love them like you love us ... ??

Nawwww ... i'm just kidding ... :)

I'll be patient and wait ... :pc:

Destee

8. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Sorry, again I missed your point.

:sick:

I don't even have a webcam program on my PC right now and one of my laptops crashed. My other laptop has a problem with settings so I can't sign into sites requiring a password. So I can't even upload my own videos I have produced to my own blogsites or myspace accounts (I have over 15 sites I own and operate!).

I downloaded audacity but have no user's guide or manual. It seems to be similar to a music program I have which I had to uninstall. So, this is all very time consuming and time is limited now (financial restrictions also so I can't upgrade some of my older programs to newer versions).

Peace!

I gotta get some sleep before heading out to the plantation....

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yep and i will be updating a new welcome of love splash

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    We have a new podcast (finally) on our podcast page !!! :toast:

Thank You Sister River ... you sound WONDERFUL !!!! :D ... www.destee.com/podcasts

Family ... we need your voice added ... so please, consider doing a really short audio, letting folk know how you feel about the community!

Destee