Black People : OUR NEED TO HEAL

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
By now many of you may have noticed that I have not started a thread in quite some time now, although I have been responding to some. Over the past few months I have been basically reading much of what has been said on this forum and now the time has come for my analysis.

Yes, I move like that...I'm a doctor with a Ph.d (Power to Heal the Dead) Of course the first rule is "Physician Heal Thyself". I usually take the extreme and radical approach to many subjects due to being so opinionated and outspoken on things, which I'm aware of as being a flaw at times. However, in as much as this thread is and isn't about myself per se, it's more about us all.

As I write this I actually have tears in my eyes. You see, the realization of "how wounded we are as a people" has struck home. We have been wounded by miseducation, by a society that we did not structure, by post slavery syndrome, by family imbalances and relationship imbalances. We have been subconsciously affected by t.v., music, religion and the world at large. It appears that everything is off center.

We are such a beautiful people with an internal need to be "right" which is often expressed when we go through our little arguments on this forum. This is a good thing and at the same time expresses how wounded we are without many of us seeing it for what it is.

I guess there's really no such thing as an "idealistic society" and there will always be differences of opinion and thought processes as we all grow on the various levels we are on and strive to ascend to. It's often been said that change only comes with 100% dissatisfaction, and many if not most of us are not on that level of being 100% dissatisfied with life, ourselves, or the system as it presently exist.

There's so many issues in our lives in need of redefining and restructuring that everyone of us are always in a constant state of growth and becoming hopefully "whole within ourselves". Some of us will make it and some won't. Since I've been here I've seen the growth of many people on this site such as ...Brother Manasiac, Money, Destee, Myself, QueenT, Changes, Bl. Angel, River and Bro.Pan as well as others here. Some of us have pulled back some and some of us have simply become more quiet.

I understand all of this and have been attentive to the directions I've observed us moving in. We have some of the greatest intellects or minds right here out of the entire web world. I shudder to think of what we and this site could be if we ever harness all of this together.

Sometimes as I read, I often see that much of our focus has been on our "differences instead of what we have in common". This is something we have to "heal" from in order to begin to gel into our greater potential. I know that "healing is hard" and yet it is a must if we are to move forward or grow as a unit on this forum.

This isn't Destee's site, (sorry Destee) it's Ours !!! We have to look at it as a house under construction that only we can beautify as we beautify ourselves also in the process. We have a New year coming, and with it our agenda should be one of healing, of becoming "whole" and of taking what we have here to a whole new level as an expression of the minds and spirits that are here.

Think about what I'm saying as now is the time for us all to look within ourselves and consider "how we can beautify, reconstruct, add to and elevate what we have...not only here but within ourselves. This is the healing process. Welcolm it like the rising sun as a new day and life begins for us all. WE REALLY ARE THE :bomb:

Yes welcome back, my teacher.

This thing about dissatisfaction. We never quite hit the bottom. We are so resiliant as a people. We are survivors but the same coping strategies that help us survive keep us from hitting rock bottom.

Truth is many of our people are at the rock bottom but they can't feel it. Something has got to wake them up. Not something cataclysmic. Awful things happen everyday without any effect because it was to protect themselves from troubles they think are beyond their control that they became numb in the first place. But if we go person by person gently waking them up with love it will spread.

I can be critical sometimes but I see that there are cases where it doesn't work.If I could do something new this year it would be to discern what works and what doesn't. I learned this from the last person I thought could teach me anything.

Keita said:
By now many of you may have noticed that I have not started a thread in quite some time now, although I have been responding to some. Over the past few months I have been basically reading much of what has been said on this forum and now the time has come for my analysis.

Yes, I move like that...I'm a doctor with a Ph.d (Power to Heal the Dead) Of course the first rule is "Physician Heal Thyself". I usually take the extreme and radical approach to many subjects due to being so opinionated and outspoken on things, which I'm aware of as being a flaw at times. However, in as much as this thread is and isn't about myself per se, it's more about us all.

As I write this I actually have tears in my eyes. You see, the realization of "how wounded we are as a people" has struck home. We have been wounded by miseducation, by a society that we did not structure, by post slavery syndrome, by family imbalances and relationship imbalances. We have been subconsciously affected by t.v., music, religion and the world at large. It appears that everything is off center.

We are such a beautiful people with an internal need to be "right" which is often expressed when we go through our little arguments on this forum. This is a good thing and at the same time expresses how wounded we are without many of us seeing it for what it is.

I guess there's really no such thing as an "idealistic society" and there will always be differences of opinion and thought processes as we all grow on the various levels we are on and strive to ascend to. It's often been said that change only comes with 100% dissatisfaction, and many if not most of us are not on that level of being 100% dissatisfied with life, ourselves, or the system as it presently exist.

There's so many issues in our lives in need of redefining and restructuring that everyone of us are always in a constant state of growth and becoming hopefully "whole within ourselves". Some of us will make it and some won't. Since I've been here I've seen the growth of many people on this site such as ...Brother Manasiac, Money, Destee, Myself, QueenT, Changes, Bl. Angel, River and Bro.Pan as well as others here. Some of us have pulled back some and some of us have simply become more quiet.

I understand all of this and have been attentive to the directions I've observed us moving in. We have some of the greatest intellects or minds right here out of the entire web world. I shudder to think of what we and this site could be if we ever harness all of this together.

Sometimes as I read, I often see that much of our focus has been on our "differences instead of what we have in common". This is something we have to "heal" from in order to begin to gel into our greater potential. I know that "healing is hard" and yet it is a must if we are to move forward or grow as a unit on this forum.

This isn't Destee's site, (sorry Destee) it's Ours !!! We have to look at it as a house under construction that only we can beautify as we beautify ourselves also in the process. We have a New year coming, and with it our agenda should be one of healing, of becoming "whole" and of taking what we have here to a whole new level as an expression of the minds and spirits that are here.

Think about what I'm saying as now is the time for us all to look within ourselves and consider "how we can beautify, reconstruct, add to and elevate what we have...not only here but within ourselves. This is the healing process. Welcolm it like the rising sun as a new day and life begins for us all. WE REALLY ARE THE :bomb:

Brother Keita, I feel the same way as well. I also believe that we as a people have given away our soverignty in exchange for the purported american dream, and this giving away of our power has staginated us as a people.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back