Black People : Our music today?

story

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 23, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
Occupation
Student of Life
I'm assuming most of us have heard and seen the newest rap sin-sation Khia talk about how much she likes folks licking her "neck and back as well as her p---- and crack" Is this the jam of the summer? Feeling that video? Will stretch marks and big greasy tattoos catch on?

just wondering...I'm an NYC'er now...but I stem from Miami, FL ....what's with the music being cranked out of the dirty south???

I hated this song at first but they play it so much I found myself actually singing along the other day...

what's bad is...I hear little girls singing it....do they really understand what they're singing? do their parents Really no what's being jammed into their daughters head Every day....

ohhhhhhh I HATE THAT SONG

I agree with you 100% on that, but what do you mean by "I'm an NYC'er now...but I stem from Miami, FL ....what's with the music being cranked out of the dirty south???"... Miami is the bootay shake capital and NYC be bangin some hardcore stuff as well as the MidWest and the West Coast... I have two sons and as a parent it is my responsibility to filter the music they listen to as well as what they watch on TV.

Yeah I hear the girls sangin they lil hearts out with the song and I also hear the lil boys rapinNotoriousBIG, SNOOP, Nelly and all that other stuff, but you ask them what they learned in school and they can't say nothing.

If you and I got together right now and just put some straight bullschyt on a cd with some good beatz we'd sell millions.

My two centz anyway

i'm old!!!!

it just came to my attention that I'm old. my local hiphop station is owned by Cathy Hughes, and RadioOne, the largest black owned media organization, in number of stations.

well the music they play is meant for people under 18. I can't stand to listen to radio music for more than a minute.

i didn't know about this song til recently. my sister had called me and told me that my 18 month old niece sings, or tries to sing your forementioned song. i finally heard it recently. i wasn't impressed.

we need to make some noise. the music they feed to us, has no value. i for one, am starving for some good music.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back