Higher Standard Required : Our Mission - The Core Foundational Pieces of Destee

Dre Money

Oct 22, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
"Destee, when I come here, I feel like I can take my armor off, and rest."
These were some of the most beautiful words I have ever heard, describing this community. He did not know about the core foundational pieces! Coming from a Brother that fights long and hard throughout his day, for his family, his life, a Warrior always prepared, acknowledging the great need of being able to take the armor off, and rest ... and that he was in that place ... oh my gosh. It was like God speaking.

That is what this community is about. That is its core foundational piece. That we be that place where a Sister and Brother can come, and take their armor off, and rest. After fighting folk on the job, fighting the system, fighting everybodee ... we have a place where we do not have to fight, and we can rest, rejuvenate ourselves, renew our strength ... for the next fight, that is sure to come.
At first I thought it was an accident that I came upon this site but after reading this part, I no longer think so.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
At first I thought it was an accident that I came upon this site but after reading this part, I no longer think so.
Brother Dre Money ... Welcome Welcome Welcome !!! ... :wave:

You have endeared yourself to me, by virtue of simply reading our mission that far! :)

While it's received lots of views, I don't think many actually read that far down!

And then Dre Money ... you quoted a part of it that has always warmed my heart! :love:

Yes, that is our mission ... and I'm oh so very glad you like it !!! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Please make yourself right at home, because you are!

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Gorilla

Jan 31, 2009
It might not be a bad idea to combine all of these into a charter. It seems like there's multiple posts that make up what the tone is supposed to be. Maybe like one stickied post that links to the different post in one place might be a good idea.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
It might not be a bad idea to combine all of these into a charter. It seems like there's multiple posts that make up what the tone is supposed to be. Maybe like one stickied post that links to the different post in one place might be a good idea.
I agree Brother Gorilla ... now ... we just gotta find somebody to do it ... :)

I Love You! :kiss:

For real though ... it's on my mind to do ... along with 900 other things ... but i will ... it needs doing.

Thank You! :grouphug:

Destee

Dre Money

Oct 22, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Brother Dre Money ... Welcome Welcome Welcome !!! ... :wave:

You have endeared yourself to me, by virtue of simply reading our mission that far! :)

While it's received lots of views, I don't think many actually read that far down!

And then Dre Money ... you quoted a part of it that has always warmed my heart! :love:

Yes, that is our mission ... and I'm oh so very glad you like it !!! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Please make yourself right at home, because you are!

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee
Thanks Destee but I haven't finished reading the rest of it, I got that far down and I knew all I needed to know. I like how it's real chill and laid back but a level of respect is maintained so posters don't get ran off and if they do it's because they couldn't abide by house rules. That's the way it should be on every site IMO

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Destee Destee's Thoughts Destee - Our Mission Statement - Our Agenda - Our Core Foundational Pieces Destee's Thoughts 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Civil rights legend James Meredith says he's on a mission from God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : incoming trans mission from starfleet command.... Black Entertainment 6
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : DID ST.PAUL GO ON A FAMINE RELIEF MISSION?: Did James, Jude & Revelations really know what happened? AACOOLDRE 1
Al D Black People : How great is the power of a word/Struggle or Mission Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black Spirituality Religion : AND THE MISSION NEVER STOPS!...D**N SHAME!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Can Malcolm's Mission be Ressurected. Will we Resurrect it? Black People Open Forum 250
Destee Black People : A Mission - Should You Accept It - Cipher Your Own Behavior Black People Open Forum 35
Gorilla Science and Technology : Planck Mission Brings Universe Into Sharp Focus Science and Technology 3
S Science and Technology : Kwatsi Alibaruho directs the final space shuttle mission. Science and Technology 1
noor100 Black Muslims : One Man's Passion Births Islamic Mission Islam Study Group 0
Mercyless1803 Black Positive People : Tony Lewis Jr on a mission to right the wrongs of his father past Black People Doing Positive Things 3
Ankhur Black People : The Negroes Remote Control Mission for 2012/ Prevent Black Unity at all COST! Black People Open Forum 11
RAPTOR Black People : The Man and His Mission - Dr. Bobby E. Wright Black People Open Forum 1
Destee Podcasts / MP3s / Audio : Destee Community Mission Statement Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
noor100 Black Muslims : The Sunni Islamic Training And Mission of El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Islam Study Group 12
howardtsu Black Poetry : A Better Mission Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
AACOOLDRE Black Short Stories : THE MISSION Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
T Black People : Racism Non~Anonymous: Mission and Purpose Black People Open Forum 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Pleasing the God in His divine mission should be your ultimate aim. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
$$RICH$$ Brother's Only Chat : MISSION STATEMENT OF BROTHERHOOD Black Men 24
D Black Poetry : My Mission Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : MISSION STATEMENT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24
D African American History Culture : Concerned Now But Not Then, Easier to Tell With Mission Completed 1898 Riots in NC African American History Culture 3
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Wave of a "Black King" Mission Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
P South Africa : South Africa's Secret Mission: Overthrow Black African Governments! South Africa 8
Therious Black People : what happened 2 the mars mission? Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : black man refuses to go on mission in Iraq Black People Open Forum 17
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Who Are We And What Must Be Our Mission Chief Elder Osiris 1
ASHANTA Black Poetry : The Last Mission Saddam Hussein Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
ASHANTA Quiet Poetry Lounge : The Last Mission I Cry Let Our Love Join As One Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
P Black Poetry : The Mission Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : King and his religious/political mission AACOOLDRE 0
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Da Mission Of A King Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 21
blakverb Black Poetry : Love's Impossible mission Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
N Black Poetry : On a Mission (Haiku) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Louise Cosper Black Education / Schools : Beware of Common Core Curriculum Black Education / Schools 5
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : 72-core-supercomputing-chip Science and Technology 2
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : AMD Announaces ARM based 8-core Processor Science and Technology 0
legit-writer Black People : Common Core Black People Open Forum 0
3 Science and Technology : Quad-core ARM...lolz Science and Technology 0
G Black People : AMERICAN RACISM MUST BE ADDRESSED AT IT'S CORE - FREE THE JENA 6 Black People Open Forum 5
river Science and Technology : Any Hard Core programmers Here Science and Technology 10
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : CONFESSION pt. III Da final core Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
watzinaname Quiet Poetry Lounge : The Core Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
blazejay Black People : A Foundational Question To Help Someone Black People Open Forum 4
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : NHOMA ANUM: 5 Foundational Works for Afurakani/Afuraitkaitnit (African) Restoration Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Foundational Constitutional Law Study Black Money Business Jobs 16