Black People : Our Level of Consciousness

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
I write this very hesitatingly due to what I know to be true concerning us as a people both past and present. This is a beautiful forum and website once we get a clear understanding of what's going on and the difficulties involved and slowly tackled by the members here.

On this site we have various levels of consciousness in terms of understanding and knowing OUR STORY FROM MANY MANY PERSPECTIVES. This in itself appears to create opposing views due to the various levels of consciousness that we each individually possess.

We search historically, culturally, spiritually, scientifically and socially to obtain a sense of who we are, what we are, what we've done and where we've been on many levels. I consider this a great thing and a tragedy at the same time.

It's a great thing because we seek and crave to restore and know the truth of who we are as a people. That needs to be commended. It becomes a tragedy because it's a testament of how deeply and continuously we as a people have been historically imposed upon for over 2,500 years non stop by others who have not had our interest at heart.

Since the masses of our people are suffering from "historical amnesia" on many levels and have been "DEFINED AND REDEFINED" countless times by those who have imposed themselves upon every branch of our existence, our task has not and will never be an easy one in terms of "RESTORING" the truth of our existence.

We are passionate and spiritual people, and as such, we will argue, disagree and always try to push our understanding as the absolute truth when it may or may not be true according to the level of consciousness we are on.

If we can at least understand this one simple thing about ourselves and our learning process, it will allow us to be more receptive, open minded and understanding of each other as we grow or come into new lights concerning ourselves.

Truth is a bitter pill to swallow, and just like medicine, I have often found that it is the only thing you have to sugar coat before people will accept or take it. Our conditioning has been immense, both consciously and subconsciously. We have been imposed upon and conquered in every area of life with the exception of our spirit...for that is a light which can only be temporarily smothered but never extinguished.

I end this writing by simply stating as our ancestors in the so called "mystery system" stated..."Oh man/woman, what will you do without your illusions"? What am I saying? I am saying that; in as much as many may claim to be searching for the truth, the reality is that very often we are not. We are simply searching for confirmation of what we already believe to be true.

There is a difference, and once you cross over to the truth...living your life and being happy in it is not and will never be as it was. I leave you all in PEACE. (IGNORANCE IS INDEED BLISS !!)

This is a beautiful forum and website once we get a clear understanding of what's going on and the difficulties involved and slowly tackled by the members here.

This is a beautiful community, right now, even if nothing else ever happens.

:heart:

Destee

we do know that the large masses of our people here and in the Motherland deserve to live lifes free of neo-colonization, and neo-corporatism

Ankhur ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing.

Please make yourself at home, because you are!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back