Black People Politics : Our leaders should follow Obama’s cue

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Zulile, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    [​IMG]
    By Rod Watson

Three days into his new job, the most important aspect of Barack Obama’s ascendancy remains intact: his status as a “new kind of politician” appealing to a new kind of electorate.

If we’re lucky, maybe it can have a trickle-down effect here.

Throughout the campaign, and again Tuesday, the new president talked of “unity of purpose over conflict and discord.”

More important, he proved that it wasn’t just talk. The divides Obama bridged amid two wars and an economic collapse are a testament to what leadership and vision can accomplish.

Consider: A black man who knows how to get white backing.

A Democrat who attracts Republican support.

A progressive who can meet in the home of radical William Ayers and a decade later dine with conservatives William Kristol and Charles Krauthammer in the home of George Will.

That “transformative” approach resonates with a country frightened to death to read the financial pages or war dispatches, and yearning for a government that solves problems instead of divides against itself.

Full Article Here

2. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Uhhhh How about we Afrikans

Do somrthing on our own. For OUR benefit without cutting "them" in. I know this novel idea scares many of our folks but Lo and behold it just might work. :great:Some of the dumbest pile of crap I have read in a while. maybe said author should get a new job..... Mascot and head Cheerleader for the Whiteman. Sad that its like there are NEVER any ideas for us to impliment unless we have our enemy at the dinner table stealin the food!:10100: SMDH!!!

3. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    let me ask you a question if i may..how many successful black businesses do you know of in this country that don't have whites involved somewhere?[and no i ain't talkin bout the soul joint in the hood]ask berry gordy how far motown would've went without whites being involved,ask oprah..no you won't see em because they're the[accountants-attorneys]working behind the scenes but you can believe the whites are gonna get in it...there isn't any venture that's gonna make any REAL MONEY that the whiteman ain't gonna be a part of,that's just the way it is..so if you get into some real money[one million plus]set another place at the table because-GUESS WHO'S COMIN TO DINNER.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Exactly! We appear to be the only group of people in the world who truly think that we need "them" to live. What ever happened to the spiritually-driven Afrikans who could do without asking for the help of those who do not even want us in their nation!

KWABENA

5. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523

^^^this is true and I understand what you're saying, but I disagree with the article. Different black leaders do different things and have different ideologies. We can't really expect Barack to have black folks interest at the top of his agenda, because he has to answer to so many people.....I find nothing wrong with black folks participating in politics (i voted for cynthia mckinney and I still think she would've been a wonderful president for black folks and america), but there is always a need for other avenues for our voices to be heard.

6. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Exactly brother which is still being passed on to our kids..

You know... the "White Man's ice is colder" type thing. Man, it is beyond belief that we are so fugged up in the head that we truly think we CANNOT take a dump without YT to ready the toilet!:SuN018: Still SMH!

7. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    We can ask this question also.

How many Blacks WOULD HAVE successful businesses if Whites WERE NOT involved and intermingling with us period. That answer would explain allot. Certainly if more Black businesses could retain the full support of their "Black" community none of them would need White dollars for success.

This article speaks to people that are obviously too distracted or too under-educated to understand the politics of America.

All the Black political figures that we've heard of or read of even in Georgia, Louisiana won because of White support. And if some of you aren't careful, Obama might turn out to be another Bill Campbell- the recent Major of Atlanta that was recently released from prison in October 2008 for racketeering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Campbell_(mayor)

Sometimes they that give- give so they can have the power to take away. A Black politician can be framed at a moment's notice for anything within the realms of his administration that he may not fully oversee or understand. What was about to happen between Obama and Rod Blagojevich was just a preview. They could've pushed that issue if they wanted.

Obviously, some of us are too busy pan-handling for "white appreciation" to realize the scheme and strategy behind their methods.

And now Watson would dare to ask current Black Leaders to do the same? Showboat for White dollars? I would educate Mr. Watson to know that in fact it is Obama that is taking cues from them! He just amplified it. Both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are so deep inside the White Man's pockets that even his farts come out of their mouths.

These are selected sheeple herders.

Still, whatever blood rituals, sacrifices and sex acts Obama had to do with these lizards to get selected- may still work in the favor of Black people if we stopped paying so much attention to the distractions. Right now Obama is the biggest distraction for what is really going on. And I'm not talking about the NWO. That started in 2000. Why was it so important to keep our people in particular distracted in these present times? Because we are the only people with the power to stop it.