Black People : Our Ivorian Coast Brothers And Sisters In Turmoil

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chinelo, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    This is what happens when we stay worried about some illegal arabs and their amerikkkan/european instigated dirty wars.....

Our brothers and sisters have been in turmoil, yet no one raises an eyebrow...:SuN025:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201104020004.html

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) says at least 800 people were killed in the western town of Duekoue earlier this week in what appeared to be inter-ethnic fighting, according to news reports.

Duekoue also suffered a battle between Republican Forces supporting internationally recognized president Alassane Ouattara and troops backing incumbent president Laurent Gbagbo this week. The town has been the scene of inter-ethnic clashes in the past.

"There is no doubt that something on a large scale took place in this city, on which the ICRC is continuing to gather information," the news agency Agence France-Presse (AFP) quoted ICRC spokeswoman Dorothea Krimitsas as saying. "Everything seems to indicate that this was inter-ethnic violence."

The ICRC said tens of thousands of people had fled Duekoue since Monday. Thousands have sought shelter at the Roman Catholic mission in town.

Previously, inter-ethnic violence in the region has intensified when there was threat of other fighting in the area between pro-Ouattara and pro-Gbagbo forces. "They take advantage of the situation" or the insecurity, said one observer in Duekoue in a recent interview.

Meanwhile, fighting continued Friday in the main city, Abidjan, as Republican Forces continued to battle remaining elements supporting Gbagbo, whose whereabouts remain unknown. The BBC reported that he is holed up inside the presidential mansion in Abidjan with the Republican Guard and other allies for protection.

In Liberia, AFP reported that some 100 Liberian mercenaries had been detained upon returning from Cote d'Ivoire. They were in vehicles and carrying arms and weapons, AFP said, citing a security source. Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and other officials have expressed concern that the conflict in Cote d'Ivoire could destabilize the peace that Liberia has struggled to consolidate after 13 years of civil war ended in 2003. The nation currently hosts more than 90,000 refugees from Cote d'Ivoire.

The UN refugee agency says other neighboring countries are bracing for an influx of more refugees from Cote d'Ivoire. Up to a million people have been displaced within the country or sought refuge in other countries since the November 28 election that pitted Gbagbo against Ouattara. Most of those who have fled their homes left Abidjan.

The Republican Forces now control most of the country and are fighting for dominance in Abidjan. About 10,000 peacekeepers and 1,000 French troops are also in the city. Some 700 foreigners have sought refuge in a military base set up by the French forces in Abidjan.

Reuters news agency reported Friday that UN troops had shot dead five pro-Gbagbo soldiers when the South African Embassy in Abidjan came under attack, citing an internal UN document it obtained. Three Senegalese peacekeepers were wounded in the clash, one seriously, the report said.

"The situation in Abidjan on April 1 is one of generalized chaos," the agency quoted the document as saying.

MA'AT

2. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Peace Brother.

Yes, indeed. Particularly Abidjan is bad. I was with a Sister two days ago who was totally stressed out because her remaining family is still there (mother, second father and siblings). She was making calls all the time and it didn't sound good (on a more humane note, that feeling that she has to deal with, the whole knowing that your family might be-poof-gone in a shootout between two phone calls or from one day to the next while you are in another country, is probably only seconded by the terror the actual citizens who live there feel. Makes me think of my Afrikan people in the US, if it is as bad as you say, then it must be something like that 'in the hood'???).

There's no use hiding in the churches/mosques in Abidjan either, because the warring factions want control over the entire area so they will take out anyone deemed a threat (or caught in the crossfire). That being said, a lot of folks (whyte) are drawing excessive parallels to the Rwanda/Burundi genocide. That idea should be discarded as the situation is wholly different in nature and in historical scope. This is just a huge political turf war, and if a leader/hero figure emerges to sway the hearts of the rebels (aaaannnd takes out Gbagbo) the situation might turn out really critical (read: nasty).

And the conflict isn't based purely on ethnic construct, as the article above mentions a lot of it happens to pro- or con certain politicans (who, of course, come with a whole set of predefined ethnic alliances), but it isn't as simple as that - so avoid that idea. A whole lot of people are just pissed off at Gbagbo, and some are using the state of anarchy to act a fool/gain power. But hey, we won't know the truth unless we are there ourselves (word to Zimbabwe).

On a last note, f_ck France and the UN! Sitting there watching this.... smt.

One,

- Ikoro

P.S.: Oh, and all the numbers cited (death tolls etc) are probably understated to some extent. Believe that.

P.S.S.: Just called the Sister now, apparently the mother (still alive!) says things might have calmed down in the streets. But she isn't so sure, because some bigwig was talking on the tv when the network got cut (just this night, approx 6hrs ago). Sounds like somebody got control of the network...

P.S.S.: Abidjan: Seems like the gubberment has established a curfew, all citizens are not allowed to leave their domicile from 2hrs from now until monday 6 in the morning. While this is a good measure to protect people from getting shot because of some shoot-out, this poses several issues. 1. It is hella HOT and not everybody has time to stock up on food/access to food. 2. The rebels might have easier chances to kill people/potential threats because now everyone is stuck inside the house (also, walls are not bulletproof). Let's see what monday brings.

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Lets be honest brother

is this statement about BALANCE,

[​IMG]

a balanced scale of reason and observation or is this about emotions and attacking others out of hate?

So folks who focus on what is going on in North Africa are being blamed for this as if what is going on in North Africa will not directly effect Black Africans??? there and the southern adjacent nations????:qqb019:

How many Black scholars,
    Dr Molefi Asante ,
    Dr Naiim Akbar
    Dr Leonard Jeffries
    Dr Betty Dobson
    Dr Francis Cress Welsing
    Dr Ben

freedom fighters:
    Brother Omawale Clay
    Sister Viola Plummer
    Hugo Chavez
    Elombe Braith

and activists against imperialism:
    Dr Tyrone Powers
    Harry Belafonte
    Dick Gregory
    Randal Robinson
    Earl Ofari Hutcherson
    Sister Cynthia McKenney

and Black media:
    Open Line radio porgram;
    Bob Slade
    Mtume
    Judge Picket
    Black Agenda Report;
    Glen Ford
    have you insulted with that statement?

And I know I have alot of haters here, but let me be honest I dont get angry, or upset but

who desires to be labeled a nobody,???? after the 4 posts I have made regarding Cote D'Ivoire, as well
    as the hard work brother Seneb had put ino doing real fact finding research to provide this family with information about the present situation and and a comendable amount of back ground information about what Quattaro had been doing and had been covered up by the media since 2002

that he posted
    over 2 months ago
    :SuN043:

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    there must be a peaceful transfer of power. democracy. let the people speak in peace.
    we cannot have a war because some fool does not want to leave office.

5. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    France and europe/the UN in general are behind this anyway, remember france was the former colonial power there, and still have reigns of control over resources and politics in one form or another, just an extended version of colonialism just as the white man is doing anywhere on this planet.

They want quattaro in there because he would be there puppet, wheras gbagbo is just the opposite.....and i do believe brother seneb in a previous thread regarding the ivory coast showed pics of this quatorro with a white woman as his wife, which is just pathetic in its own right, so i'm not even getting into that, but that just shows you whats up.

MA'AT

6. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Yes brothers and sisters are captivated with what these illegal islamicist arabs are doing in the north of the motherland trying to put in puppets to maintain hedgemony and rule in their neverending saga of arab/white imperialism, along with trying desperately to continue to spread islam to more black people, while our brothers and sisters in the rest of afrika there ORIGINALLY have been overshadowed....

This is a white-arab dirty war for political and religious rule over black people any and everywhere, and the motherland is the battle ground as of right now.

All the other stuff you talkin i don't care nothing about.....go view the videos in my signature and in the seti thread, its already been explained and is being told about whats really at hand....

MA'AT

7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    In spite of her detractors:

Kola Boof has been in the forefront of revealing that more than the Libyan Colonel merely did and does see duped Africans etc. as means to their ends...

Other official black spokespersons were and are usually silent on the same subjects:

And I have no use for the fairweather variety either...

So let's do keep it real...

:SuN034:

8. Nandie

Nandie Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Greetings Family,

(here's my 2cents worth)

Africa has always had a problem of migration, as far as I know most of all the horrible wars we've seen amongst Africans in Africa have been because of migration. What is happenning in Ivory Coast has happenned before and the results were genocides, our African leaders are liars and cowards who want to impress the west at the expense of us African people. I think the AU
    (African Union) knows exactly what is the main course of all the heartache going on in Ivory Coast. The indigenous people of that land are being failed by the AU. For as long as we are still not united as an African continent we are still going to see these horrible sites of people being massacred.
    Colonialism has damaged us psychologically and we have a HUGE problem of looking at each other in the white man's eyes, we dont look at each other as brothers and sisters.

I foresee something like what is happening in Ivory Coast happening in South Africa as well 50 - 100 years to come or maybe even in lesser years than that. God knows I dont want it to happen but as long as our leaders continue to pretend like there's no problem in terms of putting proper immigration laws, we still going to see wars. As long as they(our Leaders) still continue the white man's agenda of dividing Africa with these borders nothing is gonna change.

The issue in Ivory Coast is a social problem and it needs the people of that country to solve it and not fight about it.

Power to the People...

9. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    This is awful.

exploitation again.

This report keeps stressing that it's 'inter-ethnic fighting', but I believe this is so deliberately misleading. It would have never been so if it were not for the White Supremacist intervention. All of this evil starts with Black people allowing white organizations to set up trade and etc. with them under the false pretenses of 'good relations', and now we have these evil twisted reports coming from these white people telling us over and over again, that it's 'inter-ethnic troubles'. smh.

It seems obvious to me that this was all planned, and this was done in order to cause millions of its people to leave their lands in order to set up another haven for a new movement of white people to take over their lands. I read up alittle after I read this thread on this country and saw that this all began due to A DEMOCRACTIC MOVEMENT forced on its people just after America put president Obama in office. The white world is attempting to force and impose thier DEMOCRACY all over the world, a government, that is a vessel to oust inherited governments and set up White Supremacy.

Prior to this forcing of Democracy on the Ivory Coast, it lived under a leader for about 30 years, and was termed a stable system, but after he died, white people became received by a minority of certain people who migrated into certain regions and soon, these immigrants wanted to be considered CITIZENS and get the same privileges as the previous majority in the land...out of this minority eventually came the new candidate and president that is now INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED...and the previous leader and its majority people are being attacked!...and told to go and leave their lands...

The problem that i also see though, is that in order to understand the whole picture, we need to go back even farther in history back to the time of the Great Expansion, because people in Africa have been shifted around many times and exploited for moving in on other prevous peoples with the help of White Supremacist.

Initially, the majority people set up a constant by saying that no one could even run for office unless both parents were born in the Ivory Coast to block the minority favored candidate,...but somehow, this was ignored and he is now ELECTED because he is recognized as a CITIZEN...

unbelievable.

out with inherited rights and in with ELECTION...but this won't last long according to prophecy...it will be stopped.

10. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I don't think he is 'a fool', but it seems like he is representing the majority of people who have been in the country for a long time and they are being forced out to accomadate a minority immigrant man who has been voted in to represented a number of immigrants and white people's interest.