Black People : Our history - Black influence on Elvis Presley and Picasso

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Romeoandler, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Romeoandler

Romeoandler Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +4
    There are many things we Blacks have forgotten because it happened so long ago and there has also been a deliberate attempt to wipe out our history. How many Blacks can say with certainty that Stonehenge was built by our race or that the Carthaginian General Hannibal was Black? How many people know of the Black influence on Elvis Presley and Picasso?

http://retakeyourfame.blogspot.ca/

2. Romeoandler

Romeoandler Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +4
    There are many things we Blacks have forgotten because it happened so long ago and there has also been a deliberate attempt to wipe out our history. How many Blacks can say with certainty that Stonehenge was built by our race or that the Carthaginian General Hannibal was Black? How many people know of the Black influence on Elvis Presley and Picasso?

http://retakeyourfame.blogspot.ca/

3. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    i don't know about the Black influence on Picasso, but i do know that Blacks taught Elvis how to dance...how to sing. he grew up around Blacks. then, to push his songs, he said that the only thing a Black man can do for him is shine his shoes. soon after, he came out with the song, "say it loud, i'm white and i'm proud." and James Brown sued him for copy-write infringement.

but, yes, we're allowing history to be rewritten to white wash the atrocities that happened to us...so that things don't appear as bad as they were...so that we're not given the credit due us...so that the truth isn't reflected in its writing.

4. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but how much longer are we going to just clamor for acceptance, not empower ourselves for our best interests, etc.?

Also it's obvious our black elected officials (up to Obama) can and will only do so much for the majority of our relations in this nation...

FYI...

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383

If Obama wouldn't even pardon Marcus Garvey who is dead....what did anybody expect him to do for a black person that is alive???!!!

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Better yet, how many people understand that nobody on this earth has a history outside of Black History???