Black Short Stories : Our Happy Home

true love

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
I'm very much in love with the guy next door to me. And he loves me. His eyes are brown and so is his skin. I love him so much. I can imagine being with him all the time. I mean no matter what I'm doing, him and visions of him pop into my mind.
So last night I just happened to be looking out of the window towards his house when I saw a silver Cadillac drive up. He answered the door, in just some blue boxer shorts, to let the girl with the blond weave into his house. She looked about six feet tall and so skinny she probably could have squezzed herself through his key whole.
They went inside and I could see the lights in his living room go off and the lights in his bedroom go on. I knew it was bedroom becuase I watched him get ready for bed every night. I could see their shadows move together in a kiss and then part again. Then he began to undress her.
I hadn't even realized that I was digging my acrylic nails on my right hand into my left wrist so hard, I was starting to bleed. After a while the room light went out, and I could see nothing for about two hours.
Finally at three in the morning I saw the girl emerge from his house, her weave all disheveled. She looked back at my hhouse and saw me as she started towards her car. I looked the other way to pretend to do something else. I didn't want her telling him how he had a crazy nex tdoor neighbor or nothing like that.
That evening when he came home from work, I took him a tuna casserole that I made from scratch. See, I quit my job about a month ago so I could watch his house while he was at work. Just to make sure everything was okay. I was about to get fired anyway because I spent most of my time day dreaming about him. I was hoping maybe we would be able to move in together before rent came due again.
"Thank you," he said taking the tuna casserole dish. This was the tenth dish I had given him but that was okay. We would be living together soon.
"Did you have a hard day at work?" I asked putting my foot in the door so he couldn't close me out. He jsut didn't want me to see his house so dirty, that was all.
"Naw, I'm cool," he said. "I'll talk to you later, alright."
He closed the door quickly. Maybe he just needed to go the bathroom.

Two nightls later the same girl pulled up infront of the house. She probably couldn't even cook. And she definitely wasn't going to keep his house clean the way I sometimes broke in and cleaned up when he was work. Maybe it was the car.
So when I finally saw the lights go off in our bedroom, I grabbed my coat and went out to her car. My own car had gotten reposseessed three days ago. But that was okay. We would work out transportation after I got settled into our home. Anyway, I knew better than to slash her tires. That would just give her a reason to stay at our house longer. So I took my house key and ran it across her passenger side door three times. I did the same thing to her hood and her trunk. Sraping my initials into that nice paint job passed my mind, but I thought better of it. Just some nice squiggly lines would do just fine.
She didn't leave until ten o'clock the next morning this time. Around four, I had been tempted to go over and drag her out. I'm sure he wanted her to leave as much as I did. But I held my peace. It was okay because soon, I would be living there, and she wouldn't be pulling anymore stunts like this.
Infact it was worth the wait when I saw the look on her face at the sight of her newly scratched car. She marched her flat butt right back up the hill and told him what had happened. I almost fell off my window seat, watching with one eye behind the curtain, as she pouted and stomped her feet like a spoiled brat.
And speaking of brats, I was beginning to think I was pregnant by him. I was pretty sure it really.
They called the police, but for sure he didn't want the mother of his unborn baby to get arrested for something so stupid. The ocps even came to my door to see if I'd seen anything. I said no and wondered who would do such an awful thing.
After she was gone I took him some baked chicken marinated in lemon sauce and mushroom soup.
He didn't even take the beautiful sivler platter I had spent my last fifty dollars to bring him chicken on. Since I was carrying his child now he figered I would need it more than he would I guess.
"I know you scratched Bailey's car?"
So that was her name, huh? Well he wouldn't have to worry about Bailey anymore.
"What's the big deal?" I asked innnocently. All the while pushing my way into his house. He was much skinnier than I was, and finally his body just gave way. He stumbled backwards but his his balance.
I sat the platter down and looked around. "Boy, I've got a lot of work to do, huh? All the cleaning I do when you're at work! You don't do nothing but come home and mess it up do you?"
I started picking up his dirty clothes that were strewn all over the place. I would wash them tomorrow. He just stood there amazed. I guess he couldn't believe a woman would actually do all this for him. I could guarantee Bailey wouldn't do it.
"You're cray!" He said shaking his head.
"I know right. All this cleaning and all you do is come behind me and mess it up." I shook my head and kept on cleaning.
"You gotta go," he said grabbing my arm.
"Oh come on," I said still picking up trash. "I'll get my stuff later on. Right now, I need to clean. 'Cause I ain't bringing my stuff over here to this junky house."
"Your stuff?"
"Don't worry. I don't have that much. But when the baby gets here, we're gonna have to think about having a yard sale to make some room."
"Baby?"
That's when he grabbed me by both arms and made me look at him. He better not come with that 'not wanting a commitment' stuff. Especially now that I was pregnant.
"You are not moving in here. There is no baby! You need to go home before I call the police."
I shook my head. Now I knew what this was about. "Don't worry about Bailey's car. I'll go back to work until my maternity leave so we'll be able to pay for it."
Then he started shaking me. I was scared for our baby, you see. I knew he would never hurt us on purpose, but I still had to make him stop.
So I shoved him hard. "Stop! You're gonna hurt the baby."
He fell backwards and his head hit the edge of the kitchen table. Hard. But I didn't know exactly how hard until I saw the blood on the edge of the table and on the floor around his head.
I rant to the bathroom to get a clean wash cloth and wet it with cold water. Then I got a large towel to wrap around his head.
When I came back into the kitchen he was still lying in the same spot. There was even more blood than before. I put the weg on the exact spot that was bleeding and folded the big towel over three times. Then I wrapped it around his head to hold the wet towel in place. I pinned it together with a safety pin out of my housedress.
I knew I shouldn't try to pick him up, being that I was with child and all. But this one littel time would not hurt.
So I picked him up and slung him over my shoulder. Then I carried him back to what was now our bedroom and laid him across our unkempt bed. I made a mental note to get these sheets washed and pressed the next day.
That night I moved most of my stuff over to my hew home. I was taking a break around nine when there was a loud knock at the door. I opened it slowly knowing exactly who was on the other side.
"He don't want to see you anymore," I told Bailey. "We're going to be together and raise our baby." Then I closed the door.

It's been two months now. I think I lost the baby we were carrying. But's okay, we can try again. I went back to work and he's home waiting for me every day. You see, teh head injury kind of disabled him. Then there's teh problem of teh smell. No matter how much Lysol I spray, it just doesn't seem to cover it. I can't open the windows because flies like to congregate around him. Then I end up using a whole can of Raid.
But it's okay. I would never let a little thing like smell break up our happy home.

:love:

Whew... What a story. Love hurts.. what can I say.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back