Black People : OUR FORMATIVE YEARS...anybody ready to Grow with M.E.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, Dec 8, 2007.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

Feb 26, 2007
    +843 / -0

While listening to “Coast to Coast” late one night last week, I heard Stephen Schwartz talking about 8 laws for Social Change he has developed based on his information.
    He terms these “non-local consciousness” and asserts that is “part of us that exists outside of time and space”. These principles, when appropriately applied, support social change initiated by just a small group of individuals. They also highlight and RE~spect the “interconnectedness and interdependence” of all humanity.

Now, these “laws” are no secret to U.S. (Unite Spiritually) In fact, many of us have advocated their application as part of a treatment plan for Afreekan Descendents.

"Inner & Outer Change
    Researcher and futurist Stephan Schwartz discussed his newest work on how individuals and small groups can change history by practicing eight laws of social change. These laws, observed by such groups as the Quakers, tap into non-local consciousness (the part of us that exists outside of time & space) and highlight the interconnectedness & interdependence of humanity."

This is his qualifications as he notes:

“My life has been spent exploring extraordinary human functioning, and how individuals and small groups can, and have, affected social change. I’ve done this both as an experimentalist in parapsychology, and by being privileged to have been a part of several major social transformations: civil rights in the 1960s, the transformation of the military from an elitist conscription organization to an all-voluntary meritocracy in the 70s, and citizen diplomacy between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 80s and 90s. Both the experiences and the research have convinced me that all life is inter-connected and interdependent”

He was speaking to HIS people and I am speaking to mine.

I have spent my life exploring “ordinary” human and Spirit interactions and have supported Afreekans as individuals, in families and groups work towards effecting emotional, behavioral and social change in their lives. I’ve have done this via the Facts/factual experiences in my life and in the practice as a professional in the Mental/Behavioral health discipline. Having been born in 1960, the events of the time played a major part during my formative years. Formative years are coined based on those early life experiences which gave shape and form to our thoughts, feelings and behaviors based on what we heard, and saw. Typically we learn what we “feel” based on the definitions those who “parented”/taught (who ever and wherever) us what we were feeling and seeing for that matter.

As children, even from infancy, we are TOLD what a thing is called and/or our ‘feeling’ state was labeled as well. “You ain’t hurt, you just faking”, “you mad” “you scared”.. "this is bad", this is a stove", "that's not fair" etc..

Thus WE provide a “blank screen” with data about ‘what is what’ and what it means to ‘feel’ like this or that and finally, what one is SUPPOSED to do based on this or that. The child grows and begins to question and still, WE TELL them as opposed to supporting them with putting their pieces together and accepting what it means to them and going with that. That is what is meant by FORMATIVE YEARS. Those years we spent FORMING an opinon/knowledge base about this and that.

My Formative years were shaped with the civil rights movement, women’s liberation, Black Pantha Party works, COINTELPRO and the collective societal, communal and familial aftermath of the same.

I then, when I finally got some things together, studied and practiced in the aforementioned discipline which also included practical application. This means, I worked with PEOPLE, listening to the stories of their formative years and the current behavioral outcome they were living and, not liking.
    In so doing, I too have come to similar conclusions as the good mr. Schwartz.

The glue which brought things together for me was in studying Systems and Family theorists. I was able to view all that I learned of course, through the lens of my experiences and use myself as a mirror for which to test the validity and applicability of the concepts and recommended actions.

The “8 laws” as he has written them out already, does have usefulness as a foundation for Afreekans working to Unify and effect the needed social change in their lives.

“Here are the laws that Schwartz has put together:
    1) Individuals and groups must share a common purpose or intent.
    2) Individuals and groups may have goals, but must not be attached to "cherished" outcomes.
    3) The goal may not be reached in the lifetime of the participants.
    4) Accept and be OK with the idea that you might not get credit for the the success of a goal.
    5) Each person in the group must have equal status in spite of any hierarchies.
    6) Members must forswear violence by word, thought and act.
    7) People must make their private selves consistent with their public postures.
    8) Members must always act from the "being~ness" of life integrity-- knowing that other persons are not exploitable resources.”

I will be developing a video series to address each “law” as they pertain to OUR common goal, Liberation from white lunacy in OUR lives.

This dialogue will take place in the RE~Covery Room. “If you want what I have and are willing to go to any lengths to get it” then join M.E. there.