Black People : Our Enemies Are Killing Us...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Jun 15, 2005.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.aspx/sayitloud/weathersbee615

You can call it what you want, twist it, cut it up, spit it out... but the facts are the facts, We are Our worse enemies.

As much as I don't like, and don't think he is funny - Chris Rock is right.

There are Black people and there are *******... and ******* make me very very uncomfortable.

I said the NAACP should disband - maybe I was wrong, maybe they should stop fighting for ******* who don't know **** from shinola... and grin about it.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    actually, if you think about that for a while you may come to a different conclusion.

3. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    In a departure from form, I will not lambaste this poor child... This has been going on with us for forever, and I don't think it will stop us from doing what we have to do... If you read Lance Hill's great book on the Deacons for Defense and Social Justice, you will find that even during the height of the Civil Rights Movement, African Americans broke picket lines, and refused to cooperate with brothers and sisters who were trying to bring about change down in Jonesboro, Louisiana... Didn't stop the march toward change...

We will ALWAYS harbor among us, the ignorant, but just as the Deacons were able to do, we will get their stuff together by hook or crook... The Deacons in Mississippi actually had to bust heads to do it... We should not rule that out as a tactic, dig???

But, again, here's what I have a problem with... If even at the height of the Civil Rights Movement, when it's electricity clung to the air so strongly that even a 6-year old boy like me, living in Brooklyn, New York was aware of what was happening 2,000 miles away, Black folks were still breaking pickets in the towns where it was in full effect, why would we blame this little girl for her ignorance in a time when most of us are doing nothing to fight socio-economic injustice, nor make ourselves or the community conscious of the need to struggle against it's evil??? Young people are bombarded by media with every kind of diversionary foolishness as can be invented, and there is no equal and opposite attempt to counter-act that overwhelming assault on their senses... It is as if we expect them to simply breathe in the ether, and become conscious and aware of the very REAL problems around them, and their solutions...

Again, this is why I advocate over all things, the building our own educational institutions, where we do the politicizing... It is the only way for us to formulate uniformity on a political front, if not the program... If we do not do this, and continue to find excuses NOT TO DO, then we will ever be at the mercy of the corporate media in this country... BTW, that media enforces it's will all over the GLOBE, so we aint talkin no small time operation, here... And that old Black Folks Grapevine aint no match for this modern technology, either...

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I feel many if not MOST of these problems in our community would be solved if only we had control of the media and information that our youth receive.

As long as you have the enemy picking and choosing what to put on television and which of our people receives the most attention...you're gonna have our youth imitating what they see the most.

Except for a few places like Chicago, most black youth weren't even into gangs until the media made it popular by glorifying that gansta lifestyle and people like Tupac.

Gangsta rap, Blood and Crips, wearing Khakis, and low-riders are popular only because white folks decided to shine the light on the relatively small black community of southern California.

For men, braids were all but gone out of style until the media started showing more and more black men sporting them.

Tatoos weren't popular among our people until the more and more basket-ball playeers started getting them.

I have a sneaky feeling that almost everything we do...we've somehow been tricked into doing by our enemy and his mind-controling media.

6. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Isaiah

I agree that We need to own and control Our Own entities...
    but how can We. When So many of Us are lost, or as the piece suggests...buried?

I blame the kids in their 20's and the ones my age too (30's)... but most of the blame goes to Our parents... they dropped the ball and
    We didn't pick it up.

Rafiel...

what does what you say have to do with consciousness... and just how are We being controlled?
    I'm lost here.

7. MrSolo

MrSolo Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The Media "IS" the Issue

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    chris rock speaks his mind, and the truth. however im sick and tired of this self hatred trend. Im reading people calling there own N*****s , the white man used your logic as an excuse to rape and kill.there are ignorant blacks yes, but they are still my people. will i trust them? be friend them? Polly with them? NO! But i will not publically be-little any black person except black conned-servatives.

I want everyone to think for a second. Remember chris rocks first public attack on blacks? After that it became the style to not associate your self with your people. chris rock was boosted to stardom by the crackas simply because he expressed there innner thoughts. Now we are not the only ones, white people hate rednecks, mexicans hate wet backs ect. But like i said before chris rock is punk, peep his whole game, he wants the white man to know that hes not "one of us".

as far as the young lady..who cares??? in a way she is taking power from the conned-servative flag.

Black bike week..??? i went to school in louisville ky (hell) every year during the kentucky derby thousands of black people gather down town. the police bring there punk ***** out in droves trying to shut down the party. But they never will. mean while all the whites gather in the stadium in field and binge drink, do drugs, and run around naked in a drunken stooper.

How is black bike week different than spring break?? get off these kids backs, there just having fun. what theyre doing is saying f-- the police and racism, the party dont stop.

one

9. MrSolo

MrSolo Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The NAACP is no longer the NAACP that it was intended to be. As in its namesake, upon it's inception, it materialized and evolved to represent people of color. Then, it was ferociously consumed by the "black once, black all the time" African American movement, and it's never been the same since then.

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    There is but one answer to our problems. We can be nationalist, African Centered, Christians, Muslims or anything else we want to be. If we really want to keep it real and solve our situations....all we have to do is follow and obey "Proverbs 3:31". The answer is just that simple. That would really be a testament of our faith, now wouldn't it?...or are we ready to admit that we're just perpetrating a fraud? Now which is it ?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2Pac black people are our own enemy