Black People Politics : Other People Want the Same Rights as Homosexuals

dis·trac·tion
dəˈstrakSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else.
    "the company found passenger travel a distraction from the main business of moving freight"
    synonyms: diversion, interruption, disturbance, interference, hindrance
  2. "a distraction from the real issues"

People with errant sexual desires need to be studied. I believe pedophiles AND homosexuals might be suffering from hormonal problems. Overly acceptance of gays prevent a hard analysis of such concerns; if you really care about a gay person's health, maybe you should see WHY they have those feelings.

What started out as the same gender macking on each other has burgeoned into "bisexual," "bi-curious," "transgender," and the saddest of them all, "I'm still straight."

Nobody should turn to homosexual relationships because they feel they can't win a heterosexual partner.

As for pedophilia, people that have sex with kids don't deserve any rights.

Just because someone does not condone this perverted behavior or are against Gay Marriage does not mean they are homophobic. I am against same sex marriage, but for civil unions. There are actually many gays and lesbians that are also against same sex marriage.
But the overwhelming majority of gays and lesbians are pro marriage equality. Besides, it really is a moot point. Same sex marriage is now legal in our country. Time to move on. Psychiatric and psychology professionals threw out defining homosexuality as a form of pathology literally two generations ago. If some people choose to still fight that battle--a losing one--I say let them spin their wheels and go nowhere.
Thank you for the article. Your interpretation of the DSM V is incorrect. Download their revision. According to the APA, it is okay for a person to be a pedophile as long as they are not harming themselves or someone else. In that case they would be diagnosed with pedophilic disorder. So, if they can find a kid that can legally consent than it is okay......which is ridiculous. I am a Psychologist and Counselor and I do disagree with the APA. Many Psychologists and doctors disagree with this. There will always be an updated version of the DSM. The APA has tried to separate atypical sexual behaviors with mental disorders.

Your claim that the APA's position is "if they can find a kid that can legally consent than it is okay......which is ridiculous" is actually ridiculous. Those are your words. The APA makes no such claim. By law a "kid" isn't capable of giving consent.

You also wrote: "This is so sick and upsetting. This is now also in the DSM 5." Also, just plain untrue. "This" is NOT in DSM 5. In my opinion the whole pedophiles-are-seeking-the-same-rights-as-gays is indeed homophobic nonsense because it is a subtle attempt to link the two.

People just need to accept the consequences for their choices. In this case, people need to accept the fact that they are making a choice. To say you are doing something that you are not choosing to do....seems delusional.

I strongly disagree. People to whom I've spoken who identify themselves as homosexual do not see their orientation as a choice. Who am I--or anyone --to tell them how they feel? You and I can disagree on whether homesexuality is a choice. Either way, that's a discussion for another day--and another thread.

On another note, not everyone that is against this type of sexual behavior is homophobic.

I agree and did not call anyone homophobic per se, but attacked the beliefs of tying pedophiles with gays as homophobic.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back