Other computer uses...

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by dustyelbow, Nov 15, 2007.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Sometimes the computer is used alot more for ENTERTAINMENT (that's fine) but I think as an ADULT (maybe not) we need to find OTHER USES especially to help YOUNG BLACK MEN in the NATION.

As a PARENT maybe we need to FOCUS on MATTERS of 'SELF MOTIVATING' young BLACK MEN than with the TRADITIONAL MATTERS of MOTIVATION...

Because that maybe the ANSWER for NOW and even LATER in the NATION...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/careers/bal-bz.hancock24oct24,0,176182.column

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother DustyElbow ... this is an absolute WONDERFUL idea! Your words remind me of the Brother i met years ago, that came into the chat room saying basically the same. He encouraged me to stop "just chatting" and use my computer for other things. I share this story in our "How Destee Started" information.

Recently, Sister PLATINUMILLY1 shared information regarding our youth, and ever since she made this post, i've been thinking of how we can intervene, capturing these young minds on the net, and giving them something more productive and meaningful to do.

We already have online classes here, maybe we need to adjust them in some way, or increase the offerings, so that our youth will want to join for sessions, made especially for them! If they know they can talk to adults already in the field, that may mentor them, give them tips on how to do this, or how to do that, some may want to be a part. Especially if young Black Men can get with elder Black Men, that would be a win win!

I even thought of this when asking if anyone in the community makes banners. This is relatively easy work for a creative young person. When i was studying web development, most everyone i ran into was virtually a child! Young people, mostly white, all around me. Our babies could be learning this technology too!

Great thread Brother!

:heart:

Destee

3. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    I think its great. I do alot of offline activity to enhance the community I DWELL in. That includes making sure young people are READY to at least TAKE on the NATION PROBLEMS (not their OWN PROBLEMS like we all HAVE) which needs their INPUT because ONE MAN or WOMAN SHOW is OVER.

We may have to adjust our practices in a TREMENDOUS WAY. However I think its better for YOUNG PEOPLE (teenagers and up) to get this INFORMATION from YOUNG PEOPLE (teenagers and up) because they are not going to LISTEN TOTALLY to ANY ADULT CONCERNED or NOT. Their PEERS have their EARS.

That is why I am into SELF MOTIVATION. They are going to have to FIND a REASON WHY. The EARLIER the BETTER because when your OUT in the WORLD and I SEE ANOTHER SAD FACED DEPRESSED ADULT CUSSING the WORLD (POOR RELATIONSHIPS) who was young once COMPLAINING about I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED BACK THEN, I SAY ALL is FORGIVEN but the ROAD WILL be SO MUCH HARDER.

And as an ADULT things SHOULD be GETTING BETTER (WISDOM) not WORSE in WHATEVER CIRCUMSTANCE even with RUTHLESS WHITE applying OVEN TEMPERATURE PRESSURE.

For me that how it is and there is NO MYSTERY behind it.

Anyway I talk JUNK well it looks like MACHINIST is getting HIGH ATTENTION

As a YOUNG BLACK MALE still SCHOOLING I would put some EFFORT behind it.

It beats those WORN down BOOKS in the CLASSROOM that NUMBS the MIND for PREPARATION.

The demand for machinists

Plus you dont have to get into DEBT like those COLLEGE STUDENTS. If you like BONDAGE certainly I can deliver you some RESULTS.

4. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    Even women are taking part

A chance for women to try nontraditional jobs

And their are alot of NAYSAYERS in the PROCESS...

anyway

Get On The Bus, Young Machinist

ie WHITE YOUNG MEN and WOMEN are not going back to HUDDLE MASS WORK.

5. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    Actually over this weekend I have established with CONTACT OVERSEAS why the first article is taking place and why women are being considered.

There is some big plans in the works and some DILIGENT DEPENDABLE PEOPLE who will be falling out of GRACE with no REPLACEMENT, INTERNATIONALLY.

The EXPERIENCE (WHITE MEN) ONE in this field are COMMANDING TOP DOLLAR because of a PECULIAR TREND that is HAPPENING, leaving a HOLE or VACUUM in the LOW RANKS for US to FILL.

Overall this INTERNATIONAL PLAN I dont agree and dont want to come to FRUITION with but SEEING that we are in DISTRESS EMPLOYMENT WISE, I will let you make that DECISION.

I will provide a EXAMPLE of the SLACK WORK that needs to be DONE in the NEAR FUTURE, God willing..

6. dustyelbow

Ratings:
    +21
    Employers can’t find skilled workers