Pan Africanism : Original Man

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by African_Prince, Sep 26, 2005.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    http://www.thebody.com/schoofs/dna.html

also http://faculty.ed.umuc.edu/~jmatthew/articles/clicks.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2909803.stm
    http://www.webfamilytree.com/50,000_year_human_history.htm

2. Charlie_Bass

Charlie_Bass Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, the the Khoisan possess some of the deepest lineages in DNA, your point being? These lineages are very old and its doubtful the people who possess some of these oldest lineages look like the people who originally possessed them.

3. African_Prince

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    What is your point? First off, the Sandawe of Tanzania have the world's oldest dna which links them to the original humans. Why would you speculate people who irinated in sub-saharan African didn't 'look' like the people today?

4. Charlie_Bass

Ratings:
    +0
    Your post said original man, big deal its a well known fact that the first humans originated in Africa, you're not posting anything groundbreaking.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This is a relevant question charlie bass, why would you speculate the original people of sub-saharan Africa looked different than the people of today? What is the basis of your speculation? Why the seemingly hostile attitude?

6. Charlie_Bass

Ratings:
    +0

I'm not speculating I'm making a point that physical the two do not look alike. The Khoisan aren't the only ones who possess these deep lineages, Ethiopians also share them with the Khoisan. Lineages show relationships, not phenotype, the Y-chromosone and mtDNA lineages are just two loci and neither of them code for phenotype. I wouldn't call a Khoisan the original man on the basis of sharing deep lineages.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    why do your posts all seem to verge on the hostile?
    you appear to be condescending toward everyone who does not have your elevated level of "knowledge". why is that?
    when you go to class do your professors look down on you?

knowledge that is shared with a negative attitude does no good.

8. Charlie_Bass

Ratings:
    +0
    my attitude is bright, the unsupported ramblings of people in this forum who obviously have no real knowldege about African diversity is what makes me mad.

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i used to get mad.

now, i try to help out.
    clearly, there is much ignorance in this world. what can we do to change that?
    do those of us with some good information have any responsibility to teach?

i didn't have a chance to go to school. i'd love any information that i can get.
    you know that there is a much larger audience for these posts than the immediate poster. lots of people read and lurk.
    any thing that you can share that will correct mis information will go a long way.

10. African_Prince

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    Why shouldn't I post it? Why does anyone post anything that is a well known fact? What kind of **** is that??

The original human beings were African hunter-gatherer societies that populated Europe and Asia. Do you have a problem with that. I don't remember saying the Khoisan themselves were necessarily the original people, but studying them and the Sandawe and other groups helps provide some insight to the original people.

"my attitude is bright, the unsupported ramblings of people in this forum who obviously have no real knowldege about African diversity is what makes me mad."

How the hell is posting information on ancient dna in Africans or sub-saharan Africa being the cradle of mankind 'rambling' or denying African diversity. You must be the only mf only planet Earth who is qualified to know anything.