Black Spirituality Religion : Organized Religion

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by toylin, Aug 1, 2004.

1. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    I just wanted to bring something up with you all...... again, I'm assuming. How about is organized religion? Do you think a person has a better chance of Heaven/Afterlife/whatever by reading, stuyding, and praying on their own, or do you believe that people NEED to go to church/masjid/temple?

There is a friend of mine who refuses to go to church. He feels that some of the biggest hustlers are in the pulpits there. So, he reada a Bible and a Qu'ran, and does his charity face to face with the people, inside of paying a tithe or tax.

What do you think?

2. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello How Are You

Most Houses Of Worship Are Control By Their Teachers/ Minister Rabb/ Iman Etc. And Most Of These Houses Of Worship And Their Congregation Are Not Allowed To Question There Teacher. And If They Do There Teacher Turn There Congregation On Him Or Her Calling Them Devil Etc . With The Many Sect And Denomination All Claiming They Have The Truth . It's Like A Game My God Is Better Then Your God , And If You Don't Believe There Teaching Your Going To Hell And Your Not Saved . They Are Never Taught The History Nor The Culture Of There Belief , And The One That Do Know Only Have The Water Down Version Of It . And When They Are Question About There Belief , They Feel They Are Being Attack . But Its Mostly Because They Have Very Little Knowledge Of There Own Belief . And Are To Lazy To Research Things For Themselves . Saying Foolish Things Like Knowledge Wont Get You Into Heaven . Etc . Etc. But I Though It Was Knowledge Of There God Be It Yashua / Allah / Yahuwa Etc. Ect . That Have Them Accepting What They Were Told To Believe As The Truth . To Answer Your Question , I Was Told If One Has A Teacher And Your Not Allow To Question His Or Her Teaching WithoutThe Fear, Being Called The Devil Etc And Geting Kick Out . Then Step From Them . Because They Are Hideing Something .And All They Seek Is To Control You Mind .

3. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    It is good your freind has found his own way Toylin. More black people need to find the right path on their own instead of following like mindless sheep all the time. If the right path is church, so be it.....if the right path is following basic guidelines of human decency based on the society the person lives in...so be it.

MrBlak

4. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, I started studying a few things on my own before I filed for divorce. I started reading the Left Behind series, which made me really go back and read the Bible... And my best friend is a Muslims, and she gave me a Qu'ran..my aunt is an African Hebrew Israelite, which made me read Jewish history. I started praying more, I started comparing notes between all the books/ideas. My (ex) husaband told me that I was confused and if I didn't make a decision, I was going to Hell. I reminded him that it's not his job to judge me, and asked him how he felt about church. He believe what his parents and church told him growing up. Why? Because he's scared of Hell. I asked him if he believed it because he felt it was the truth. He said kind of, but mostly he's just afraid of Hell.

5. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello Toylin Food For Though

Do The Religious Scholars Really Know What Or Where Hell Is ?
    They Don't Know Where Hell Is , They Don't Even KnowIf There Is A Such Place As Hell That Really Exist . They Can't Tell Me Where Hell Is . They Can't Even Decide Where Hell Is . Which One Is It ? Is It The Late Of Fire Revelation 20 ; 10 <> And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are . and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever , Or The Pit Revelation 11 ; 7 <> And when they shall have finished their testimony the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them and shall overcome them . and kill them ;... And How Did The Pit Get There ? HowDid A Big Place Of Fire Get Beneath Us ? Did God Create It Down There ? Why Is It That Scientist Haven't Discovered It Yet Being They Have Dug Holes Straight Down To The Center Of The Earth ? Why Is It That You Can't Find Hell If It Really Is Place That Exist ? Scientists Have Listened To The Ground . They Have All KindsOf Advanced Technical Equipment With Computers . Have They Heard Cracking Fires ? No !!!! Why ? Because Hell Is A State Of Mind . It Is What You Make It . It Existes Within You , For Each One Will Pattern His Or Her Hell According To What He / She Believe Hell Is . They Don't Hear Anybody Down There Screaming And Hollering Or Any Torturing . So What Makes You Believe That There Is Some Place '' Down There '' That You Will Go If You Are A Sinner Where There Is Fire And Demons ? The Bible ? LET'S BE FOR REAL !

6. AUM

AUM Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Greetings Toylin, I'm glad you decided to share that with us. You are definitely on the right track by studying all the major religions. You will be one of the FEW who will be privy to this KNOWLEDGE. Your ex husband would have kept you in a sort of hell (Lack of knowledge) and as far as being scared of hell...What could be scarier than what black people have been through in the past 500 years? Did we really need someone to come to us wherever we were (Africa, America, etc.) and tell us we were heathens and if we didn't convert to an "outside" religion we were going to hell? Truth is, back in the days if you didn't convert to Christianity, Islam, etc. you and your family were SLAUGHTERED (Crusades, Inquisition, Missionaries anyone?)We have been INDOCRINATED to believe in a hell under the ground when the "Devil" is on top of the ground and has been ruining lives for centuries. What you are experiencing is the true "rebirth" in where you are sick of the lies and are searching for the truth. Next, your step should be to look into the ESOTERIC sides of these religions, which is what the priests/preachers/teachers/prophets study.

7. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    I think your friend is very correct. He is on the same path I took, that is reading, studying and praying on my own. We must all develop our own one on one relationship with GOD. This can not be developed in a church and letting someone else dictate the Bible to you.

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

I believe that while one doesn't need to go to a "traditional" church to get to Heaven, one still must be a part of the Church, even if it is just gathering with friends and family of the faith at ones own house.

Trying to be a loner in the faith doesn't work well because we are to be one in the Body of the Faithful Son who died for our sins, and He never taught us to be alone, but that there are many members, many sheep in His flock.

Even if it seem difficult, one should still try to find a like mind in this world who share in the belief of the One resurrected from the dead, and who trusts in His Way just as yourself. Salvation was given to the many, will be had by the few, and there is not any one person who'll receive it by their lonesome. But all who gain redemption and justification of the Son before the Father do so with their brothers and sisters in faith, who keep us strong as we do for them, also.

9. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    the idea that it is "ORGANIZED" should say it all. Organized for who? Whose benefit? In who's reflection? For what purpose?...RIGHT!!!!!