Omowale Jabali : Oracles and Divination

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Oftentimes on this site I will have people send me messages concerning my posts. One thing that does seem to interest people are some of the discussions concerning Astrology in particular. I have also had fewer people inquire as to whether or not I consult an oracle or if I practice a particular ATR and if I have an Oracle established in my home. Let me make it clear that I am a student of many 'mystical traditions' but a Master of none. Therefore, any advice or consultation I have with folks, I let them know up front that I don't claim to be an expert.

If I look at the basic definition according to one of the internet's most common references--the wikipedia- an Oracle is defined as a person or agency considered to be a source of wise counsel or prophetic opinion; an infallable authority, usually spiritual in nature.

While in some matters I have proven to some to be a 'source of prophetic opinion' I am by no means an 'infallable authority'.

Oracles were established in many ancient societies and perhaps the one in which I have studied the most would be anceint China, tracing back to the Shang dynasty of which archaeologists long ago found 'oracle bones'.

From studying ancient Afrikan societies I have become familiar with some aspects of Hekat through reading of the Book of Pylons, Am Tuat and The Book of Gates.

From practicing at a basic level Kundalini Yoga and Tai Chi I began to develop an interest in Taoism and Reiki Healing, but have not yet developed a system for incorporating study and practice of I-Ching or Qi-Gong. I am having difficult enough time correcting poor dietary habits and sleeplessness, spending too much time on the internet. However, I am moving into that direction.

I know from some interaction and reading that some folks here practice any number of ATRs and some who don't are involved in martial arts, all of which can be beneficial in developing self-control leading to a higher state of awareness and self-actualization.

There has been a considerable amount of discussion and debate concerning the metu neter and what I was wondering is how many folks are familiar with the following:

Shetaut neter
    Hekau
    I-Ching
    Qi Gong
    Tai Chi
    Kundalini Yoga
    Hatha Yoga

What Mantras/Mandalas do you use that you can share openly with others who are not 'initiates' (formally)?

Since I moved to Texas last year, from lost angeles, one thing I have been very careful about is who I invite into my home and how everything is situated. I also am trying to practice meditation more consistently but here is the problem. When I search different sources I am finding that some of the Mantras used in 'kemetic' spirituality' are very similar to those in 'hindu' texts and I 'think too much' and am so used to categorizing, my spirit remains 'restless'. I know that much of the language of 'kemet' has some similarities with Sanscrit but there also in that indo-aryan influence and as we know some of these internet sources and published books are either written and/or published by europeans, or they have translations which have been 'corrupted'.

I am from a 'church' background where folks speak in tongues so i am not spooked or anything. I just don't want to be invoking the wrong "Spirits" into my 'etheric body".

I don't have any points to argue with anyone about here. I am just trying to move forward into channeling some energy into a more creative direction.

PEACE!

2. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  3. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  8. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Muata Ashby did mention the Shetaut Neter and I will post as soon as I learn more about this system...

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Thank you brother I-khan. I await your input.

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585