destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I remember seeing some film clips of Oprah from the early days of her career, when she was rock'n a 'fro !!!! :D

But i have searched and searched on the net for one of those images ... and can't find one!

So i'm asking you all Family ... if you happen upon one ... please share it in this thread!

Thanks a Bunch!

:heart:

Destee

Zulile

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance

normally I have a knack for finding things online rather quickly.. but I gave this a look for the last 20 minutes and only came up with this site - which ironically shows a clip of Oprah in her afro during a show in 1976 - but the Oprah clip I found is about how perming hair is a horrific experience.. hehehe

I think you need to go through an ad or two.. but you'll see the afro period she is talking about is 1976 - which should narrow down the search. most powerful woman on earth - missing her afro pics cant be coincidence! .. or CAN it?

:thinking:

here's the link

http://www2.oprah.com/videochannel/videochannel_player.jhtml?video=279&category=17

eta: my sentence structure needed some serious clarification..

eta again: I'm getting like oldsoul.. questioning everything.. grrrr.. life used to be so smooth.. but I just gotta ask - where are the pics of Oprahs afro?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Yes Yes Yes Sister Zulile ... Thank You !!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I thought the same as you Sister! As i began my search for our Beloved Oprah's Afro picture, i just knew it would take me a few seconds, and i'd easily find it! I was shocked after spending, i don't even know how long, looking for this image and not even seeing a glimpse of it! I'm thinking ... hold up ... wait a minute ... how can this picture not be anywhere on the Internet, when there are a gazillion straight haired pictures ??!! ... one of those things that made me go ... hmmmmmm too.

Well ... oh gosh ... i visited the link you gave me, watched the commercials and everything, and captured the image.

Now ... considering it's not anywhere else on the net ... we may be getting a phone call from Oprah telling us to remove her image. I guess any kinda phone call from Oprah, would be good, huh?

But if Oprah and her people see this image / thread, i just want yall to know that we love Oprah, and we think she's beautiful with her afro! And we wanna show her off to the whole wide world ... encouraging the many little Black Girls that have hair just like hers is, in this image ... but if'n yall tell us to remove it ... we surely will.

Well ... here goes Family ... :eeek:

Our Beautiful Beloved Oprah and Her Afro !!!

oprah_afro.jpg

Again ... Thanks Sister Zulile ... :grouphug:

Destee

ps ... if i hafta go to prison for this Sister Zulile ... i expect you to write to me daily! :love:

Zulile

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
whaaaa? write to you? Sister, I expect half the proceeds from your future book - "Jailed by Oprah" :D :D

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Zulile said:
whaaaa? write to you? Sister, I expect half the proceeds from your future book - "Jailed by oprah" :D :D

:lol: ... hahahaha @ jailed by Oprah ... ohhhhh Sister ... our Oprah would not do anything like that! ... :grouphug:

Stop it !!! :lol:

That's tooooo funneee ... but if she asks me to come on her show ... i will surely mention you !!! :wink:

:lol: ... tooooo funneeeee ... :)

Destee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Why Oprah Should Not Run for President Black People Politics 17
IFE Black People Politics : Ivanka Trump tries to hop on Oprah’s #MeToo message. #MeToo says no thanks. Black People Politics 3
umbrarchist Black Entertainment : Oprah on Big Screen Black Entertainment 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : oprah-celebrates-young-black-women-by-attending-their-grad-ceremonies Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Internship Program Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Oprah Winfrey 4 President 2020 Black People Politics 14
RAPTOR Black People : Oprah and Sharpton Attack Black Lives Matter Movement Black People Open Forum 3
RAPTOR Black People : Selma: Black History According to Oprah Black People Open Forum 12
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Selma --- Oprah's Non-Bioptics Movie about MLK, Jr. Black Entertainment 26
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Move over, Oprah! Beyonce is world's most powerful celebrity Black Entertainment 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Oprah Winfrey Gives Millions To New African-American Museum In D.C. Black People Open Forum 0
Knowledge Seed Black Positive People : Oprah is No Longer the Richest Black Woman in the World Black People Doing Positive Things 10
cherryblossom Black Education / Schools : 1st Graduating Class of Oprah's S. African Girl's School Black Education / Schools 1
Black-king Black Jokes Humor : Paul Mooney on Oprah Black Jokes Humor 2
Amnat77 Black People : I Think this woman- Megan Mcglover is going to be the next Oprah Black People Open Forum 4
PurpleMoons Black Entertainment : OWN, Oprah Winfrey Network Launch Spot 2010 Black Entertainment 0
$$RICH$$ Black Education / Schools : Oprah Winfrey School Black Education / Schools 13
cherryblossom Black People : HAVE LUNCH OR DINNER ON OPRAH Black People Open Forum 10
M Black People : TYLER PERRY STUDIO WITH OPRAH & SIDNEY POITIER Black People Open Forum 13
jamesfrmphilly Black People : devils attack oprah! Black People Open Forum 2
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Oprah, Obama and the Occult? Omowale Jabali 36
T Black People Politics : The two O's (Obama and Oprah) Black People Politics 24
F Black People : A New Earth and Oprah's Class Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black Entertainment : 50 Cent Speaks on Imus and Oprah @ BET Black Entertainment 24
D Black People : Oprah - "I've Got Good White Folks working for me" Black People Open Forum 8
SpiritualONE Black People : Oprah Winfrey Is Ignorant When It Comes to Vaccinations Black People Open Forum 28
Metaverse Black People : Why Are We Mad At Oprah? Black People Open Forum 104
D Black Entertainment : oprah's dirty little secret Black Entertainment 0
D Black Entertainment : Oprah the richest woman in entertainment with $1.5 billion Black Entertainment 1
D Black Entertainment : oprah lost a baby at 14 Black Entertainment 1
D Black Entertainment : “Oprah thinks African Girls Deserve My Charity More than American Girls… Black Entertainment 0
D Black Entertainment : oprah lets stedman move in Black Entertainment 1
I Black Entertainment : The Case Against Rap's Case Against Oprah Winfrey. Black Entertainment 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Oprah's Africa Black People Open Forum 40
A Black Entertainment : Oprah's Legends Ball Black Entertainment 3
K Black People : Letter to Oprah Black People Open Forum 15
cocobutterskyn Black People : Oprah...same subject, sorta different tip Black People Open Forum 8
Destee Black People : Oprah Discriminated Against?! Black People Open Forum 34
P Pan Africanism : Oprah Winfrey is a Zulu African American History Culture 26
A Black People : Oprah gives cars to her audience Black People Open Forum 7
P South Africa : Oprah & South Africa South Africa 2
O Black People : Afro-American Kid Drawing Tutorial (Amy the Hedgehog) Black People Open Forum 0
Ms Drea Black Entertainment : Tony Allen:Afro-Beat Drummer Rest in Power Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Ghana : Ghana granted citizenship to over 100 African Americans and Afro-Caribbeans as part of Year of Return Ghana 1
Perfection Black People Politics : ↭ßlack ℭuban ∫tudies↭ Notes on Some Afro-Cuban Translations Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ↭ßlack ℭuban ∫tudies↭The Emergence of an Afro-Cuban Aesthetic Black People Politics 0
Perfection Togo : In Context Series: Togo, West Africa -- An Appraisal by an Afro-American Togo 0
jamesfrmphilly Food Discussion : afro vegan.... Food Discussion and Recipes 1
Black Phoenix Black People : SMDH:ALLURE TEACHES WHITE WOMEN HOW TO "GET" AN AFRO Black People Open Forum 15
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Robert Glasper Experiment featuring Erykah Badu - Afro Blue Black Entertainment 0