Black People : Oprah Winfrey Is Ignorant When It Comes to Vaccinations

silent-ra said:
yea, i heard about this vaccination on a radio station several weeks ago. but it doesnt suprise me about winfrey. this is what we're tryna say to us. stop getting mushy when people seem like they doing something for our community. meaning winfrey. we have yet been able to be skillful enuff to be able to identify enemies with black faces.

and see this is why i have a concern with our elder's Dr. Neely Fuller's assessment of who are enemies are. his theory stops at only the european's door step. now if some of us, which are many of us, follow that theory to the tee, then we miss the black face enemies, the muslim enemies, the chinese enemies, the india enemies and so on. again, like brotha amos wilson has said repeatedly, we have no friends.

Well, I believe Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. was speaking of Racism/White Supremacy and it having impact on every human activity on the face of the planet regardless of country, gender, age, or race. If we deal with Racism/White Supremacy, most of our problems will be solved in and of themselves.

I do believe that there should be Black doctors and scientists out there who can step up to the plate and say whether or not this vaccination does what they say it does or if there is a better way to address the concerns or issues that this vaccination claims to address. She needs to hear from other experts on this issue who have our best interest at heart...and that's not happening. Actually, Oprah being "ignorant" of the vaccination is not the issue. The issue is us not having people to stand up and speak out on it on our behalf.

Peace Fam.

Monetary said:
Actually, Oprah being "ignorant" of the vaccination is not the issue. The issue is us not having people to stand up and speak out on it on our behalf.

Peace Fam.

but we are speaking out. the warrior who posted this is "speaking out." i'm speaking out. but every time, as history shows, when we speak out, we get blasted for jus tryna speak out and protect the village.

we always try to find ways to eliminate or neutralize the guardians of the culture.

OmowaleX said:
How many Black people can be said are "ignorant" in reagrds to this information"

Is Oprah alone in this?

Why single out one individual?

The reason OPRAH has been singled out is because millions of people look up to her just because she has MORE MONEY that ANY OTHER person of color. She may do some good things for people of color but in regards to advocating vaccinations (which consist of cow pus, aluminum, mercury, etc.) she is creating a campaign of misinformation that will definitely harm us, as a people.

silent-ra said:
but we are speaking out. the warrior who posted this is "speaking out." i'm speaking out. but every time, as history shows, when we speak out, we get blasted for jus tryna speak out and protect the village.

we always try to find ways to eliminate or neutralize the guardians of the culture.

This is so true!!!! I stood up at the Black Vegetarians of Georgia conference to speak out against the HPV vaccine and they had a european trained medical doctor on the panel that claimed that vaccinations have save lives. The moderator of the discussion had the nerve to ask me who was I to make such a claim?:explode: They basically ignored all my evidence even though it's proven fact that Afrikans have been guinea pigs for medical science for the longest time. :explode:

It seems to me that no matter what Oprah does or doesn't do, she is CONSTANTLY criticized by many African Americans!! Why all of this hate?

Some black folks claim that she has "sold out" to get her money and influence. Well the SAME people who slam her for doing that then turn around and say she ought to use that money and influence to help them. :lol: That doesn't make sense to me. If you think she's a "sell-out," why would you even WANT a "sell-out" to help you?

The same goes for Bill Cosby. No matter what he and his wife do for black folks here, so many angry black folks ALWAYS have him on blast. Well, I was always taught that if anybody does ANYTHING for you, you ought to be grateful because nobody HAS TO DO a dam thing for you or anybody else.

I, for one, am happy Oprah is taking her money and influence to Africa because the Africans I've met, at least, know how to say "Thank you!!"
We ALL need to be appreciated SOME of the time. I just hope Oprah does not read all of this criticism!!

If some Black folks don't like what she's doing or NOT doing, they need to go out and pay the price to become billionaires themselves and do all the things that they think she'd not doing. I'll bet she has paid a very high price for her money and influence. I know I'm not willing to pay that price, so I'm happy for what she's been able to do for herself and for whoever she helps, because that sistah HAS PAID HER DUES!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back