Black People : Oprah - "I've Got Good White Folks working for me"

“I stand here as a symbol of what is possible when you believe in the dream of your own life,” Winfrey said. “Don’t be afraid. All you need to do is know who you are."

a symbol of what is possible huh? according to whose standard? and then she says all yu need to know is who yu are. then, are we to belive she knows "thyself"? :laugh:

one can tell the level of consciousness one is at based on their s/heros.

I'm not a huge Oprah fan but in fairness I think the quote is out of context in this thread, she didnt up and say - "I've Got Good White Folks working for me" out of nowhere, it was response to her grandmother who grew up when segregation in the US was at its height, saying she hoped Oprah would "work for some good white folks" and Oprah is flipping it by saying on the contrary its the good white folks working for her.

Fair comment in my book.

great point

King Tubbs said:
I'm not a huge Oprah fan but in fairness I think the quote is out of context in this thread, she didnt up and say - "I've Got Good White Folks working for me" out of nowhere, it was response to her grandmother who grew up when segregation in the US was at its height, saying she hoped Oprah would "work for some good white folks" and Oprah is flipping it by saying on the contrary its the good white folks working for her.

Fair comment in my book.

i think taking this OUT OF CONTEXT is where the problem starts

i totally get her point

and yours as well KING

peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back