OPEN LETTER TO BROTHER ELDER JAMES...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
Brother elder James, with all due respect to you as my elder and brother, I must tell you that I am highly disappointed in you, this morining.

I've come in, turned on my pc, clicked on to Destees Black Forums, scrolled down to the Spirituality/Religions forum, and found that Ralf'il has been banned... But that is not the worst part, because he has been warned about his behaviour, and his temporary banning of a few weeks ago should have been a wake-up call... The worst part, brother Elder is that it appears to me that you are goading him into being on his worst behaviour - just as you did to me some weeks ago during the whole Black Conservative thread... And just as you did yesterday in telling sister Riada to "speak up or shut up..."

...and just as you did to sister Krazelyricks in making the word "thug" a cause celebre, and virtually chasing her away from further discussions with her family members, you and I. I am citing these incidents not to put you on blast, but to put you and other moderators and Destee on notice that, though you may have the greatest intentions, you have to be circumspect in your own behavior, and keep an ever watchful on yourselves...

Brother elder, as I said to you weeks ago, no one likes to be threatened. It is like looking into the eye of the Doberman, and challenging one to a fight. It is a verbal assault on one's psychic and spiritual pride... Brother Elder, I hope that you read that with your reading glasses on, no disrespect intended, as I have on my own(smile!)

If we say at Destees that we are about this: We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Our People. No Hate Allowed, then why are we doing THAT, which is verbally assaulting folks from our moderators position??? Is that LOVING, EMBRACING, ENCOURAGING people to be on their best behaviour???(smile!)

I have had my moments on this board, too. I have attacked folks vigorously, and at times gone over the top... I was a MAN about that, and I apologized for it. I have apologize when it is called for, because it is only right. I have not held long-standing grudges with people, and recently, when things got very hot on some of these threads, I walked away from them. I would that you would do the same. I would that everyone would be treated fairly, and in accordance with the sense of justice I have for others.

Brother Ralfa'il's banning comes about because he challenged what some of our other members had previously said. You said he should not worry about others belief systems, but why not allow those brothers whom he challenged to respond to him???. He did not ask you to respond... Why act preemptively, as if the other brothers were children, incapable of giving a clear, ludid, and intelligent response without verbal fisticuffs flying??? I think it was an over-reaction on your part, and you should reconsider the whole event.

I apologize if that sounds arrogant on my part. I am a littel disgusted this morning about this and some other things that have gone on around the forum. Please do not take what I am saying as being mean spirited. I like you as a man, brother edler, but liking you as a man does not mean that you are without your flaws and faults. As a thoughtful and intelligent man, I would that you would sometimes step back and away from some posts, and deliberate more carefully on your responses to them. LOVE AND RESPECT, DEAR BROTHER ELDER...

Peace!
Isaiah

just call me James...........

in the case of Ralka'il i tried as hard as i could to PREVENT the cat from being banned.
it is ironic that everyone thinks i greased the skids under him.
i guess no good deed goes unpunished.

you will note that there has been NO disruption since he has been gone?

i have also worked to see that you did not get banned during your more rabid moments having faith that you would be better after a good nights sleep.

in the case of Krazelyricks, why do i take all the responsibility and she none?
i criticized her and she left. she could have stayed and learned.
i feel i am being treated unfairly here.
i believe my actions were correct and hers were wrong.
several people have insinuated that she was wronged, when i ask for specifics they drop the subject.

moderating here appears to be a pretty thankless task.

i evaluate myself based on the fact that there have been fewer and fewer incidents of fights since i have started moderating.
a peaceful environment for all is my goal.

i have plenty of room to grow and get better at it.
i've only just begone at the post, remember?

jamesfrmphilly said:
in the case of Ralka'il i tried as hard as i could to PREVENT the cat from being banned.
it is ironic that everyone thinks i greased the skids under him.
i guess no good deed goes unpunished.

you will note that there has been NO disruption since he has been gone?

i have also worked to see that you did not get banned during your more rabid moments having faith that you would be batter after a good nights sleep.

in the case of Krazelyricks, why do i take all the responsibility and she none?
i criticized her and she left.
i feel i am being treated unfairly here.
i believe my actions were correct and hers were wrong.
several people have insinuated that she was wronged, when i ask for specifics they drop the subject.

moderating here appears to be a pretty thankless task.

i evaluate myself based on the fact that there have been fewer and fewer incidents of fights since i have started moderating.
a peaceful environment for all is my goal.

i have plenty of room to grow and get better at it.
i've only just begone at the post, remember?

jAMES, you say I had "RABID" moments??? You do know what "RABID" means, and how that can be construed???(SMILE!)

Listen brother, we all have our moments... Let us have them, and move on... Treat us all as adults who sometiimes say things when we are EMOTIONAL which we would not say when not EMOTIONAL.... Give people the same benefit of the doubt as you'd like for yourself... Is THAT too much to ask???

Every little argument on this board is not cause to over-react, and ban people, or muzzle them so that what they express comes across as diluted and dispirited, and a phony facsimilie of what they might normally say... Oh - and I think YOU should be the example of all you want others to be in your speech and tone... The use of the word "RABID" in describing my behaviour, brother, was straight up just another backhanded slap in the face... But I am gonna move on from it... I hope you can learn something from my moving on...

Peace!
ISAIAH

i agree with your point here.

it is one thing to be emotional.
it is another to show a PATTERN of disruption and appear to be looking to set up bad situations.
i know the difference.

do you realize that i am actually on your side?
i don't agree with everything you say but i know you add value to the place.
that's what i look for, value.

jamesfrmphilly said:
i agree with your point here.

it is one thing to be emotional.
it is another to show a PATTERN of disruption and appear to be looking to set up bad situations.
i know the difference.

do you realize that i am actually on your side?
i don't agree with everything you say but i know you add value to the place.
that's what i look for, value.
"that's what i look for, value"

James, what do you value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back