Black Muslims : Open Call to All Conscious Muslims!!

Discussion in 'Islam Study Group' started by Neb Akhu Ra, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Neb Akhu Ra

Neb Akhu Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    As salaamu alaikum!
    Alhamdulilah was salat ala rasulullah ama bad-
    It has been placed firmly on my heart to do some work of awaking our people to realities, and calling them to din al hanif. The need I feel for this is urgent, as the din is not just a religious system, but it is our culture, our national way of existence. We need to make our people aware of the realities as far as what Islam really is, and who are its true people. If anyone else is similarly interested I propose that we all sit dwn at a shura, council, discuss our issues and develop a comprhensive dawah, call, and minhaj, methodology, to call our people to in the acceptance of Islam. If anyone is interested please email me at [email protected], once we get interest we can set up a place and location for this majlis and start doing smething beneficial for the spiritual and cultural rectification of our people.
    As Salaamu Alaikum

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

This is what we call a "paradox". In other words, the words "conscious" and "muslim" don't quite go together historically speaking. Spiritually speaking this can be a reality and is if we understand "what a muslim is". The problem is that it has no historical roots that one can grasp as a beginning. It has no cultural roots that one can stand upon and it has no linguistic roots beyond the 7th century B.C. that one can go back to. Furthermore, to keep it real, the issue of doing battle with the present Islamic/Arab atrocities upon our people in Africa isn't even being addressed yet by the so called muslim world and this includes the Nation of Islam as well.

To keep it real, the battle you are speaking about in terms of "being conscious and being muslim" is almost an afront to our reality as a people prior to any advent of what we now call Islam. Why do I say this? I say this because it almost implies that "prior to Islam that our people were not conscious"...that prior to islam that our people were not both spiritual and Godly....that prior to islam that our people did not have superior, more just civilizations and cultural realities that supersede what we now define as Islam. It almost says that prior to Islam that we did not have our own prophets and our own holy books as well. It almost says that prior to Islam that we did not have something better that we should be reaching for instead.

I however do wish you luck with this and any intentions that you have that will help to elevate our people instead of elevating a religion that has yet to come from under the darkness that it has and still is imposing upon our people. The closest brothers that I have been able to work with from an Islamic perspective is my 5% brothers and even with them I always had to begin with the history first.

3. Neb Akhu Ra

Ratings:
    +14
    Bro. Keita
    Again thanks for the advice, however you really read into what is not there. It does not imply, as you stated that consciousness was absent before Islam, by saying Conscious Muslim, the word conscious is being used as an adjective to describe the muslims who are wanted to reply, not state anything else. Please dont try to read into what i post anyone elses, or your prior, thought patterns.
    Again, the post is for those interested, I believe I have shared enough on this site so my posting will desist, the offer stands and I hope any sincere, conscious muslims who want to do a similar work will respond to me at my email address.
    To address the issue of "arab" atrocities begin waged in the Sudan, the "arabs" and those they "persecute" in Bilad As Sudan are both black, melanated people. The conflict is more cultural and political than racial. Look at the Nuba and people from Darfur's religious, christian, and social background, they are supporters of the west, the dajjal system. Lets remeber an important point, knowledge precedes actions, included in which is speech.

4. Neb Akhu Ra

Ratings:
    +14
    As far as cultural roots, study the Quran, the authentic Sunnah and compare this to Ancient Kem, or maybe you prefer Ta-Merri, and tell if you see no cultural continuity. If not, its because your eyes, or heart, doesnt want to see. Islam is not any organization which may have existed, Islam is not Imam Isaa, and dont let your sour experience spoil the sweet taste of iman which you might still be able to enjoy.

5. muslimgurl

muslimgurl Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Wa Alaikum Salaam,
    Bro. Keita if it is historical roots you're looking for I suggest you look to Allah. Islam means peace and muslim means one who submits to do the will of Allah. And knowing that I have to respectfully disagree with you when you say prior to Islam. There is no prior to submitting to do the will of Allah. And there is not now nor has there ever been a reality that can supersede that. On another note I will be sending you an e-mail Neb Akhu Ra. Im always willing to see what I can do to help our people.
    Peace.

6. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    Bimillah ar-Rhaman ir-Rahim,
    As-Salam Alaikum,

First of all. I want to thank Destee.com for finally allowing this much needed discussion to unfold and go forward. The African Nation needs this discussion in the wake of the program of lies and proganda that we have witnessed since "Weapons of Mass Destruction" (WMD's) and the "Energy Crisis".

African, I know there are probably some theological differences between you and me. But, we are brothers and sisters. So, I am sure than our similarities and commonalities outweigh our apparent and superficial differences. Therefore, I want aao assure you that you can count me among those who are seeking solutions to African and Muslim problems in any way that I can. Inshallah, I will be emailing you.

7. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    African, common sense ought to tell you that 5% of anything does not qualify you to make such sweeping and general comdenation of 1.8 billion Muslims, over 20% of the world's population. Common would tell you to exercise extreme caution before making such attacks on such a large percentage of humanity.

There is no "paradox". The fact of history is that ALL-ARABS descend from Africans. This is shown because Arabs come though Ismael (Sal-Lal Lahu Alayhimi wa Salam) who was a son of Father Abraham (Sal-Lal Lahu Alayhi wa Salam) and and Mother Hagar (Sal-Lal Lahumi Alayhi wa Salam). History tells us that Mother Hagar (Sal-Lal Lahumi Alayhi wa Salam) was an African queen. And, the sciences of genetics and prabability proves that EVERY ARAB share these genes regardless to the skin color. So, the argument is favor of waves of new migratnts coming to Arabia over very long strectehs of time make no scientific sense. They are All-Arabs with a common Afrifan ancestress, a common Mother.

To put this into perspective, I bring your attention to historical fact Islam begins with Adam and Eve. Things could not possibly have been otherwise because Allah Created the first man and woman. And, as we sahll see, Insahllah, in our discussion at http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59249 under Holy Quran, it is Allah's direct contact to Adam and Eve that seperates Mankind from the lower forms of animal. If we strudy Holy Scripture, we will learn that evil forces intervened and interfered with Islam to produces false religion, unbelief and disbelief. Thus, Africans AND Arabs degenerated into such practices as idol worship. infanticide, human sacrifice/murder, and slavery. This is how you and I ended up on slave plantations in the USA. In Islam Culture, this is known as the Age of Ignorance. In Europe, there was a similar or worse situation known as the Dark Ages.

Therefore, the coming of Islam brought Light to Africa, including Arabia. This meant a return to the religion Ordained by Allah from Day One. It is a historical fact that this religion began in Africa as Monotheism. In the time of
    Muhammad (Sal-Lal Lahu Alayhi wa Salam) it returned to Africa when Muslims went to Ethiopia seeking refuge from persecution in Arabia by the polytheists. Thus, the Somali nation was born as the first Muslim nation in history.

Please, do not come here talking about aloleged Muslim "atrocities". I personally spent decades advocating that the atrocities against the Palstinians Arabs cease. I firther advocated that the atrocity of the descration of Muslim Holy Shrines by foreign troops cease. All of this was to no avail. And war erupted. This war could have been and should have been avoided.

But, when it did come, the "atrocities" were the wholesale and mass slaughter of innocent Iragi and Afgahn women and children. Hundreds of thousnads have been mowed down like dogs. Only one year ago, not less than 1500 innocent Plaestinian children and women were cut down by israeli war criminals.

And yes, Allah has sent prophets to us to warn against such crimes and sins. the first of these were Adam (Sal-Lal Lahum Alayhi wa Salam) and Eve (Sal-lal-Lahumi Alayhi wa Salam) as already stated. Then there others, including Moses (Sal-lal-Lahumi Alayhi wa Salam), Abrahim (Sal-lal-Lahumi Alayhi wa Salam) Solomon (Sal-lal-Lahumi Alayhi wa Salam) David (Sal-lal-Lahumi Alayhi wa Salam) Jesus (Sal-lal-Lahumi Alayhi wa Salam) and many, many others to about 25,000. Muhammad (Sal-lal-Lahumi Alayhi wa Salam) was the Last Prophet. And at that, time Islam was chosen by Allah as our religion. Quran 5:3: Today, I have completed your religion, perfected My blessing upon you, and I have decreed Submission as the religion for you. If one is forced by famine (to eat prohibited food), without being deliberately sinful, then GOD is Forgiver, Merciful. (http://www.submission.org/suras/sura5.html#3)