Destee Network : Online magazine - Poets/Visual Artists/Authors/Lyricists

Discussion in 'Destee Network :' started by Monalisa, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Monalisa

Monalisa Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Ursula Rucker::Claude McKay::Dwele::Written Images::Haiti photos::and more!

Just some of the features in the latest issue of Profound Word Magazine

NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE...www.profoundword.com

Featuring the work of Poets, Songwriters, Visual Artists, Authors, Lyricists, and more !

WHAT'S INSIDE
    profoundword.com/oct/nov/dec2003 Volume 3 Number 6

| URSULA RUCKER | *New*
    Dropping knowledge on everything from womanhood to slavery, to love, sexism, politics and more. Silver or Lead, the new cd from Philly's own.

| LEGENDARY | *New*
    Claude McKay: A Rhapsody Poet. Words by Nichel Anderson.

| WRITTEN IMAGES | *New*
    Painting pictures with words. Check out this months selected poem on WINTER by Shanita Johnson (Passionpoet1) , "Final Days of Winter"...

| UNSPOKEN WORD |
    "Sa je pa we, ke pa tounen"
    What the eye doesn't see, doesn't move the heart. -Haitian Proverb

"One hundred percent of my profits from the sale of these images will go directly to the medical clinic in St. Pierre, Haiti." -Donna Williams, Documentary Photographer

| THE BOOK REPORT |
    "And On the 8th Day She Rested". Kudos to J. Mason for finding the courage to spotlight what too many overlook. I just pray that we talk, not only about the book, but also about community solutions. Words by Chezon.

| CROSSING |
    A short story by contributing writer, Amir Sulaiman.

| JODINE'S CORNER |
    "I had to introduce you to a brother that is currently feeding my soul with his gifts. His name is Dwele and his music is phenomenal!"

ProfoundWord.com encourages mail from our readers. Please send mail to LETTERS, Profound Word Magazine, PO Box 191132, Atlanta, GA 31119-1132, or send email to:
    [email protected]
    A special opportunity for Artists, Small Businesses and Corporations - Now offering low advertising rates through the end of 2003. Our rates start as low as $25 and do not exceed $540 for an entire year! Reach thousands with your product,
    event, or service. Contact us at 404-784-4205 or email [email protected]

www.ProfoundWord.com

Peace,
    ML

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Monalisa .... Welcome and Thanks for sharing your magazine with us. You've created a few threads directing us to it and it's beginning to look like spam. I'm going to allow this to remain, but please, don't take advantage of our hospitality. Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

3. Monalisa

Monalisa Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Destee-
    I am not in the business of spam. I have a quality, positive magazine online that once a month (at the most--actually only twice this year on your forum) I announce updates to communities that would be interested. Your forum features various artists (poets, authors, etc) who could benefit from the content and opportunities within our magazine.

I have posted poetry on your forum in the past and participated in various discussions---though I have not done so most recently (due to overwhelming time demands and deciding personally not to post all of my work online).

I ALWAYS try to post these type of announcements in their proper place---and on your forum Web Sites/Technology/Business Ownership seemed to be the proper place.

Also know that in the spirit of:

Ujamaa (OO-JAH-MAH) Cooperative economics emphasizes our collective economic strength and encourages us to meet common needs through mutual support.

I have directed interested person to your site. Please let me know if you still consider my infrequent announcements to be spam and I will kindly discontinue my posting here.

Thank you,
    Monalisa, Editor
    Profound Word Magazine
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.profoundword.com

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Monalisa ... in my opinion, posting threads linking to the same web site more than once, is spamming a forum. Especially if all of those threads are still on the first page of that forum's main page. That's all i looked at, kinda scanning the pages as i move through the house.

My note wasn't meant to offend. We generously offer everyone the opportunity to post information about their web site, business, venture, etc., at absolutely no cost. Doing it more than once seems a bit much to me. There are some sites that allow folk to post anything they want, some that allow absolutely no advertising unless it's paid for, and i guess we fall somewhere in the middle.

I appreciate you sending folk this way and i hope that folk visit your site as a result of finding your links here. I want nothing more than for you to remain a Member of this Family. Again, it was not my intention to offend. My apologies if i did.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee