Black People : online love?(not a poem, just need some light of wisdom to be shone down upon me)

Afridancr

Mar 21, 2001
Buffalo
Occupation
African Dance Instructor/Cultural Educator
my two cents

In my past experience with so called *online (and offline) love*, I've learned that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!! You and this man can have incredible conversation and you may feel like you've known each other for years but, once you meet that vibe can change.
Three suggestions based on my own experience:

1) don't go in with pre-conceived notions about this man because he may not be all that he seems

2) keep your guard up. However, when it comes to meeting someone new, you cannot judge them based on your past relationships. They are not the people you were involved with in the past. it doesn't give him a fair chance to get to know you and *love* you IF he is one of the good guys

(BUT...be on the look out for red flags)

3) last but not least *PRAY* and when the Lord God speaks LISTEN!!!

This advise is not just for you but for me also!!! I've got some *issues* of my own.

Thank you for helping me remember and practice what I preach!

8th wonder

Mar 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
The first time I read this I thought... I AINT TOUCH'N IT!
(LOL)

I thought about it for a moment... And i came back to say..
I believe all things are possible.. Friendship and Love. If you have emotional baggage from past relationships, it will follow you no matter where you meet this person. I think as women we are so used to being "chosen" by men primarily on the basis of our visual that we don't think its even possible to have something good that comes from another direction.
I think you should search your mind and your heart and free yourself of the misconceptions placed by society...you also might want to free your self of the emotional bondage left by those past relationships so that you can really have something "good" to offer to someone else. Hope this helps..

8th

Afridancr

Mar 21, 2001
Buffalo
Occupation
African Dance Instructor/Cultural Educator
8th...

Wasn't expecting it but, your reply has touched a nerve! It's all for the good though. Thank you for being the woman that you are~~friendly, giving, spiritual and filled with wisdom.

8th wonder

Mar 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
Afri,
YOU my dear sista friend....

always seem to leave me in tears.... Do you even realize the gifts God is giving to you?
You are so Beautiful.... Powerful...
Your road will undoubtedly be a testimony
I wish you could see what i see....

~feel a piece coming on~

8th!

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: