Destee Network : Online Communities Closing Their Doors

Discussion in 'Destee Network :' started by UBNaturally, Mar 2, 2015.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Will be the last month of operation for Urban Blaze and Active Vision.

For any that would like to take a look for purposes of ideas or considerations for projects, concepts, etc., feel free to check them out while they are still online.

Urban Blaze
    urbanblaze.com

Active Vision
    kindred-connect.com (click on the bright star in the center of the screen to enter)

From 2005 to 2015, it was a treat to have been able to visualize what online communities could do, and thanks to Destee.com, I don't have to worry about keeping open the avenues for us to interact and engage.

Respect

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

WHAT??!!!! ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!! ... :nono:

I was good with all you had shared, 'till i got to the part about ... thanks to Destee.com, I don't have to worry about keeping open the avenues for us to interact and engage ... what?!! ... how did destee do that?!!! ... we encourage you to stay alive, we want to be an example that staying alive is possible ... we are not trying to be a reason for quitting! Don't let our being here skew reality! We struggle to be here! We are here today, but may not be tomorrow! It's a Fight! It's an uphill climb! This site is run by a Single Black Momma in the projects! ... What if we die (the evidence suggests that the likelihood is great)!?! ... then what?!! ... we need more places for our people, not less ... don't put your quitting on destee.com ... our example and encouragement is to strive to stay alive as long as you can!

If you no longer want to do it, no longer enjoy it, have chosen to stop ... just say that ... don't put it on us.

I encourage you to continue ... but i know oh so very intimately ... on how hard it is to stay alive.

I have a thread here that speaks to this sentiment : Black Web Sites That Have Died.

I do understand how you feel ... sometimes i wanna leave too ... :thinking:

Do what you must ... we've been blessed by your energy ... and that can never be taken away ... :grouphug:

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Seen... it wasn't in that way, those communities were created because I didn't feel there were any that represented a fragment of what I thought was worthy of interest. I have posted and interacted more here than on those in the past months, which gives me confidence to allow them to fade away as this was waning in thought for quite some time.

It wasn't really advertise, so membership was more about word of mouth than random drop-throughs (detest trolls, appreciates kindred elements).

But I have made these proclamations before, only to muster up enough sticktoitiveness to carry on in the hope that it will inspire others. This (Destee) is an example of what can become, it just never flourished in our zones.

Essentially, if I never discovered Destee, I may have still considered there to be nothing worthy of interest, thus would have begrudgingly continued a fruitless self-motivated endeavour to which one is now confident, has run its course.

All In appreciation, and adoration
    :donttell:

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

I aint gonna let you off the hook that easy. Of course you can do with your stuff what you want ...

but ... since you did put my name in it ... i got sump'n to say ... :teach: ... :wink:

plus ... i'm on medication that has me "saying unusual things" ... so if'n i do ... you know it aint me!

Okay ... hold up ... wait a minute ... why am i feeling like the burden just got heavier on me?! ... :snow:

I was think'n 'bout quitt'n and find'n joy in the fact that at least we could all hang out at your spot ... :censored:

But you dun beat me to the punch ... what da hizzle?!!!

I created destee for some of the same reasons you did your sites ... soooo ... that don't count.

There were times in destee's life that i spent more time in other places than i did here ... soooo ... that don't count.

I aint never advertised destee no where for real ... word of mouth Bruh ... word of mouth ... soooo ... that don't count.

I dun talk'd about or thunk about quitt'n 900 times at least i know ... soooo ... that don't count.

I dun spent many a day here with just one or two Members ... that's all ... all day ... soooo ... that don't count.

Discovering destee was all fine and good ... but destee can't satisfy all of our needs ... soooo that don't count either.

We need more places for us ... not less ... we're a diverse people and not all are going to fit under the same roof.

Fruitless endeavor?! ... chile plz ... how iz you define'n fruitless ... ?? ... 'cause i bet that one don't count either.

You might be able to convince someone else of the valor in quitt'n now ... after all the years you've done it.

Someone who has never done a year ... yeah ... they might be impressed ... but i aint.

If you quit ... when will i ever get to ... ?? ... who will be out here providing an alternative for our people?

I guess someone else can try ... all it takes is a try i reckon ... they say nuth'n beats a failure but a try.

I don't wanna see you quit ... but quit'n can be a good thing ... i just never learned how to do it easy.

I be jealous of folk who can just quit ... thangz be on my heart so heavy ... i can't quit for worry'n 'bout it.

Folk dun actually told me ... you should quit ... been hear'n this for years and i aint had sense to mind 'em.

I guess i'm mad that you can quit ... *sigh* ... and it feels like i can't ... :cry:

Fine ... go 'head on then ... get your thug thizzle on ... do what you want ... don't pay me no mind ... :love:

Love You!

Destee

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Cheesing all hard... you so crazy Destee

I had the luxury of limited to low membership, this allowed for the opportunity to, as you say, "quit".

Who knows, I may find some way onto a radio station, and then on to one that innovates how radio is done.
    I'm a creative character, but my ideas don't seem that grande to me, so I get bored with them at times.

Don't be jealous, I was covering all the costs of servers, fees, and would still be doing so if not for decline in activity.

And yep, you cannot quit... sorry sistar. But I didn't even know about Destee until a little over a year a go, soooo ... that don't count. Give me at least about 6-7 years in, then I'll let you reconsider it ;)

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

I'm glad you're smiling at my carrying on ... thank you ... :love:

Do what you gotta do Brother ... that's what i do ... that's what most all grown folk do i think ... :wink:

I'm just mess'n with you ... 'cause ... well ... i like doing it ... :love:

I like the radio idea ... what kind of thoughts are on your mind ... you should start a new thread about it.

destee.com has her own Web Conferencing Platform ... we can do TV, RADIO, alla dat ... 4 and 5! :)

I don't know how long we'll be able to ... but we can right now and have been able for years.

For real though ... i'd love to hear your thoughts ... start a thread ... let's all talk about it ... :teach:

Wishing you the very best ... no matter what ... always and forever ... :love:

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee

7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Most of that is in the rear-view mirror... burnt out
    The sites are open, just sign up and look through the areas for ideas.

General content included, but not exclusive to:

Urban Blaze ...

Movie Night, (showed featured films and documentaries for discussion; embedded chat in theater)
    Image Gallery (just what it is)
    Radio Discussions,
    DVD playlist, audio database (jukebox of personal, and member uploaded audio),
    To Do area (collective checklist of community activities, and things we desired to accomplish),
    Calendar of Events (member announcements and other scheduled or upcoming activities)
    Collaboration (came together to work on projects and share updates and assist in moving them along; whiteboard)
    Blogs and Personal Journals (ability to share thoughts for others to see, or collect them for personal notes)
    Multimedia/Exclusive Media (personal collection of video files; before youtube got big)
    Theological Resource Area (held links and outlets for personal access and research of various literature)
    Chat rooms, Game room, etc.

Active Vision ...

More of the same, as it was the offshoot of Urban Blaze

The plan was to evolve the online community into an offline community... never got that far.
    Had a mapping and zoning plan already laid out even.

But, it is what it is.