Black Entertainment : One of the coldest blues songs I've heard

MississippiRed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 11, 2004
Isaiah I know you've probably heard this before....but I only recently heard this one....by Lonnie Johnson..."Careless Love"

Lonnie Johnson recorded this classic blues on December 17, 1927 in Chicago.

It was reissued on the LP "Lonnie Johnson, Volume Two: 1927-32" on the Matchbox Bluesmaster Series in 1987.

Love oh love oh careless love
Love, love oh careless love
You have caused me to weep
You have caused me to moan
You have caused me to lose my happy home

Don't never drive a stranger from your door
It may be your best friend knockin' on your door
Then it may be your brother, you will never now

Careless love, look how you carry me down
You caused me to lose my mother and she's layin' in six feet of ground
Carless love I can't let you carry me down

Careless love, you drove me through the rain and snow
Careless love,you drove me through the rain and snow
You have robbed me out of my silver and out of all my gold
I'll be damned if you rob me out of my soul

You've worried my mother until she died
You've caused my father to lose his mind
Now **** you, I'm goin' to shoot you and shoot you four five times
And stand over you until you finish dyin'

anyway thought some of yall would like this....

MR

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
MississippiRed said:
Isaiah I know you've probably heard this before....but I only recently heard this one....by Lonnie Johnson..."Careless Love"

Lonnie Johnson recorded this classic blues on December 17, 1927 in Chicago.

It was reissued on the LP "Lonnie Johnson, Volume Two: 1927-32" on the Matchbox Bluesmaster Series in 1987.

Love oh love oh careless love
Love, love oh careless love
You have caused me to weep
You have caused me to moan
You have caused me to lose my happy home

It may be your best friend knockin' on your door
Then it may be your brother, you will never now

You caused me to lose my mother and she's layin' in six feet of ground
Carless love I can't let you carry me down

anyway thought some of yall would like this....

MR

Yeah, brother Sip, that went down real smooth, with a kick like a strong stallion at the end:

Now that was a beauiful piece of folk poetry there! But, now, Sip, I never heard that particular song before... I only have heard that Mr. Lonnie Johnson is regarded as among the great masters of the idiom... I think I have one song by him called, BIG LEG WOMAN, and even though the song was recorded so long ago, it sounds very fresh... BTW, I heard that Slim Harpo, I'M A KING BEE, and I was floored! Bangin' piece a blues, brother(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

MississippiRed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 11, 2004
Isaiah said:

Yeah, brother Sip, that went down real smooth, with a kick like a strong stallion at the end:

Now that was a beauiful piece of folk poetry there! But, now, Sip, I never heard that particular song before... I only have heard that Mr. Lonnie Johnson is regarded as among the great masters of the idiom... I think I have one song by him called, BIG LEG WOMAN, and even though the song was recorded so long ago, it sounds very fresh... BTW, I heard that Slim Harpo, I'M A KING BEE, and I was floored! Bangin' piece a blues, brother(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah man yeah bruh Lonnie Johnson was a bad cat with them lyrics man..

Glad you liked that King Bee Ol Slim Harpo worked that one to death didn't he....

MississippiRed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fine1952 Black Short Stories : "The Coldest Winter Ever: Life After Death" Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
M Black Short Stories : The Coldest Winter(experience) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
M Black People : An Experience in the Army(The Coldest Winter) Black People Open Forum 0
Bluewater Black Authors : Coldest Winter Ever(Jan 2004)Book Club Online Short Stories - Authors - Writing 7
blakverb Black Poetry : the coldest season Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
R Black Poetry : This is news to someone play the blues and come undone need girl to have fun a ton hitting nerds with written words gitting absurd kisses while birds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
SwagII Black Relationships : Have You Ever Had The Blues? Black Relationships 2
R Black Poetry : Ok have the hood blues but got some good news some automakers are // Faker and cheat on emission fro Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Video / Audio : Denise LaSalle - Santa's Got The Christmas Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: John Lee Hooker - Blues for Christmas Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : KING of Blues the great BB King has died at89 Black Entertainment 20
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Frank Marshall Davis: Living the Blues AACOOLDRE 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Buddy Guy - **** Right I've Got The Blues Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Larry McCray - "Blues Is My Business" Black Entertainment 0
chuck Black People : More Chitown Blues Black People Open Forum 3
Nahshon Black Poetry : Blues In Blue Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : B.B. King - Why I Sing the Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing 12
Frenemy Audio Video Web Conferencing : Gary Clark Jr. - Next door Neighbor Blues // Mahogany Session Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Luther Allison - Luther's Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Blues Divas - Bettye Lavette - Let Me Down Easy Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : BB King 3 O'Clock Blues original 1950 78 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Blues Festival 2010 - Trombone Shorty - "Hurricane Season" Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
candeesweet Quiet Poetry Lounge : Blues Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
E Black Poetry : black statistics blues Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Albert King; i'll Play the Blues for You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Last Poets; True Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
1poetsought Black Poetry : Whose Blues? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Color Purple 1985 (Tata Vega - Miss Celie's Blues) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Albert King - I'll Play The BLues For You - Live Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Billie Holiday - "The Blues Are Brewin Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Kemetstry Black People : Dollar's Chirren Blues Arrest Black People Open Forum 40
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Marvin Gaye "Inner City Blues" (1971) Black People Open Forum 0
Heartbeat Black Poetry : He Gon Have the Blues Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Lou Donaldson, Blues Walk Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Joe Williams, Every Day I have the Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Albert King, I'll Play the Blues for You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: from Mo Better Blues; Say Hey Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
RAPTOR Audio Video Web Conferencing : Steely Dan - Deacon Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : Spoonful - Howlin' Wolf (Grown Folks Blues) Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Indigo Blues Black Entertainment : Carla Cook - Inner City Blues Black Entertainment 0
skuderjaymes Black Entertainment : A little bit of my blues Black Entertainment 2
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Blues Sanger Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Billie Holiday - The Blues Are Brewin Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Indigo Blues Black Entertainment : Blues & Hoodoo Black Entertainment 1
Indigo Blues Black Entertainment : Miriam Makeba - Soweto Blues Black Entertainment 2
R Black Poetry : Feeling Blues Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Paris Blues (1961) Black Entertainment 1
skuderjaymes Black Entertainment : some of that low low down down dirty blues.. Black Entertainment 36
skuderjaymes Black Entertainment : All Blues: Kenny Burrell Black Entertainment 0
skuderjaymes Black People : Talking Blues.. live 1975.. Bob Marley Black People Open Forum 0