Black Poetry : One Breath, After the Next...

coey30

Aug 26, 2008
I cannot separate my life and my poetry. I write my living and I live my work.

I don’t remember falling in love with you. I just remember holding your hand realizing how much it was going to hurt when I would have to let it go. And so I stay home missing you more than ever. I found that loneliness does not come from having no people around you, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to you.

I smile in crowds, just fake faces in public places
Just trying to find the wide open spaces and hope for Gods graces
And I breathe walking backwards over the steps I retrace
Looking for the a love lost that I somehow misplaced
But how do you hang on to someone who clearly want to be let go
How do you hide your heart from breaking so it doesn’t show
I’m only asking cause I surely don’t know
And tossing coins is a wishing well won’t make it so
And so I breathe and tell myself something better is on the way
Something is coming but maybe not today
And that gives hope
Helps me cope
Knowing that I have not reached the end of my rope
And I breathe with the force of a hurricane
And I release the frustration, anxiety and the pain
She encourages me and tell me to pray
Put it in God’s hands which I do every day
And it’s funny that her laughter is the soundtrack to my smile
And there is a gentle way about her I believe it’s that southern style
A country girl in the middle of no where
She shared her story of how she ended up there
And I can tell she loves with a big heart
If it could be measured it would be marked off the chart
So I see her beauty through the telephone line
She’s got my attention and I’m not going to waste her time
Cause a good woman is hard to find

Even thought my heart has been broken I will still love you with the pieces. Some people say they would love you to them moon and back and for you I’d visit every single star. And it’s the mystery of you is what I want to spend my life exploring.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Black Muslims : Retarded, Mentally Crippled, Outcast and Bad Breath Islam Study Group 0
H Black Poetry : Breath out! Breath in! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : OSIRIS: THE EASTER FESTIVAL OF BREATH OF LIFE AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : World holds breath as US government shutdown imminent Black People Politics 16
Amnat77 Black Entertainment : Lost Children Of Egypt - Where Every Breath Is A Prayer Black Entertainment 0
triniti424 Black Poetry : Breath of Life Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
H Black Poetry : Breath out, Breath in Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
S Black Spirituality Religion : BREATH OF MY ANCESTORS Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
F Black Relationships : In the same breath Black Relationships 2
R Black Poetry : Just Breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Khasm13 Khasm13 : a breath of fresh air.... Khasm13 13
T Black Poetry : Every Breath I Take Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
M Black Poetry : Breath Baby Breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black Poetry : A Breath of Life Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
7 Black Ancestors : Could All These Hurricanes Be The Breath of Our Ancestors? Honoring Black Ancestors 55
7 Black Poetry : Breath of My Ancestors Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 45
P Black Poetry : BREATH>~** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
M Black Poetry : took my breath away Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
ASHANTA Quiet Poetry Lounge : The Breath Of Life Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
A Black Poetry : For every breath, I will die a death Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Black Poetry : SIT BACK AND BREATH WITH ME Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : cant breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
ASHANTA Black Poetry : The Soul Of Breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
J Black Poetry : breath without winds... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Black Gold Exhale My Breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
P Black Poetry : Why U Wanna Hold Ur Breath? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
ASHANTA Black Poetry : The Last Breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Gods Breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
G Black Poetry : The Breath of Life Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
M Black Poetry : Until I draw my last breath! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
G Spoken Word : Love's Single Breath - Spoken Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
baller Black Poetry : you took my breath away... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
G Black Poetry : Love's Single Breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
L Black Poetry : Indian Summer-the breath of mercury Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
G Black Poetry : with every breath.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Joyce Black Poetry : Home Is Only A Breath Away! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
S Black Poetry : Repost (Breath) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
G Quiet Poetry Lounge : Last Breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
T Quiet Poetry Lounge : breath* Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
A Black Poetry : Breath You In Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
N Black Poetry : Out of Breath Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
T Black Poetry : take my breath away (inspiried by Alyce) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Next U.S. Navy aircraft carrier to be named after African American Pearl Harbor hero African American History Culture 3
SwagII Black Men : She's Cheating On You In your bed,in Plain View, What's your next move? Black Men 8
KRAZYK Black People Politics : Who's going to step up next help me understand why is my color the enemy Black People Politics 1
B Black Spirituality Religion : Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
R Black Poetry : Sat next to a girl bought about a complex world at dinner time an be winner online a whack affair as Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ndugu Black People : Emergency for a Wall! Next>.. Emergency for tanks in the Black community? Black People Open Forum 7
I Destee Network : Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, Destee Network : 0
Perfection Madagascar : In Context Series: Madagascar: A History of Arrivals, What Happened, and Will Happen Next Madagascar 0