Black Spirituality Religion : Once saved, always saved?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by diakonos, May 23, 2005.

1. diakonos

diakonos Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I mainly pose these questions to those of us who believe in the concept of salvation.

Do you believe “Once saved, always saved”?

Can you go to Heaven with unrepentant sin?

If you are conscious of a serious sin and willfully refuse to repent, are you rejecting Christ's offer of forgiveness? Are letting your own pride get in the way of grace?

If Jesus has already paid for our sins, why bother repenting? Why bother dying to self? Why bother trying to conform our lives to Jesus? Why is suffering necessary?

Keep in mind that these are rhetorical (and hopefully thought provoking) questions. I’m not looking for a “right” answer (just a good discussion).

2. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    You can only have your sins washed away by Christ if you believe if you dont believe why would Christ wash away your sins?

Many people will hear the truth about Christ but only some will accept it as the truth and even fewer will apply that truth to the way they live their lives only the latter group will go to heaven.

3. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Question

The Question Should Be Save From What And For Who's Use Later :?:

4. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    If we accept Christ and repent we will be saved from hell and go to heaven and live with God for all eternity.

5. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    oboy lolololololololololol

HELL / Heven Two Things Havn't Been Proven To Exist lolololololol poor thing Can You Prove They Exist Without Useing You Bible ? Because Heaven And Hell Is Only A State Of One Mind = A Though :geek:

6. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Hello there,

I feel that when one makes a conscious decision to do what they want to do then whatever reaction one receives from their action is what they signed up for.

7. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    So what your saying is that unless a scientist can prove to you that something exist then you dont believe it? This is a bad way of thinking because you will always be mislead because all someone have to do make you believe something is to tell you a scientist said its true. So I guess if a scientist said that black people are inferior to white people you would believe that also.

8. sonnee01

Ratings:
    +29
    WOW,

A state of mind?????? that's interesting. Most things are proven by facts or writings, right? So why/how should the fact of hell/heaven be proven without the use of the bible? Where did the mind come from?????? Where did good and evil come from?????? very thought provoking.

9. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    Good point . Some people will always refuse the truth in favor of the devil's lies but christians still have to try to help them understand the truth. When a liar tells someone a lie he fashions that in a way that it is completely acceptable to the person he is telling a lie to ,but the truth doesnt change to suit anyone and sometimes it can be very harsh so this is why some people will never accept the truth.

10. sonnee01

Ratings:
    +29
    Hi there,

I was saved from foolishness, death, as I had several close calls at a very young age with death. Also, I was saved from self destruction, as I was getting pretty good as destroying my temple.