Al D

We become that which we repeatedly do..
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
Once again she has departed and I find myself alone and left to my own devices. Once again the beast inside me rears its ugly head beckoning me to enter into its dark chambers. Once again all that was laid to rest begins to surface and once again I find myself battling the temptations of sin. I pray for the stillness of my soul but the heaviness bears down on me and she is not near to help lift it.

She has always been my saving grace as well as my rock. It has been in her presence that I find my strength even though she is unaware of my darkness. It is her quiet and still manner that keeps the beast at bay and calms my sometimes restless spirit. She gives me peace of mind and my heart bathes in the joy which fills me with content for a while. She embodies all that is wonderfully beautiful in my eyes for her soul is one of innocence and virginity. She has not been contaminated with the vileness in life that I have experienced. Her heart knows not of corruptibility and she has been spared the pain and deceit of this world by a protective mother. Her upbringing, a stark contrast to mine has molded and prepared her for me. My lifes experiences beg a desperate need of her. For without her my life might have been doomed and incarcerated in dark perpetuity.

Once again in her absence it is the minutes, the hours, and the days that need filling for it is in my idleness that the beast thrives and gains strength. Once again indiscretion and futility strive to overpower me and dominate my actions. Once again I have danced with the notion of indulgence and I have entertained those would be regretful actions. Once again my mind and will were close to the doorstep of shameful exuberance.

Once again divinity intercedes and better judgment doth prevail. Once again it has been my time to show inner strength and mental fortitude. Once again it is upon me to rise to the challenge and confront the beast for once again I am reminded of just how flawed a human being I am. Once again I have the opportunity in her absence to be the man that she needs me to be and the man I need to be for me. Once again I will gain more in depth insight into my inner being and become a better person from the experience.

Once again I have grown from the process and I've learned to appreciate her gentleness, her compassionate heart, her unyielding and uncompromising devotion, and her unconditional love for me. Once again she will return and life will resume with some sense of normalcy but who’s to say that this isn’t the designed normality for my life.

Once again there are the questions and once again I am still seeking the answers. Once again she will be by my side through it all......Once again we will embrace, once again we will talk, once again we will laugh and once again we will have each other.. Once again we will say I Love You..Once again for now and just maybe once again before…

Written by; Al ( Africafifth ) DeVeaux Jr

cocobutterskyn

May 25, 2001
Sixburgh, Pa.
Occupation
Spreading Joy.... need some?
Good evening Al. D

I enjoyed the ascending intensity and descending calm of this write. I also enjoyed the discovery of one's own strength due to the appreciation of someone always there and able to count on, as well as believing in oneself.

Great write...thanks for sharing!

Coco

Al D

We become that which we repeatedly do..
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
Good evening Al. D

I enjoyed the ascending intensity and descending calm of this write. I also enjoyed the discovery of one's own strength due to the appreciation of someone always there and able to count on, as well as believing in oneself.

Great write...thanks for sharing!

Coco
Thank you so much Coco. I'm glad you enjoyed and appreciated this write.

Obajoe

Jul 11, 2016
Once again she has departed and I find myself alone and left to my own devices. Once again the beast inside me rears its ugly head beckoning me to enter into its dark chambers. Once again all that was laid to rest begins to surface and once again I find myself battling the temptations of sin. I pray for the stillness of my soul but the heaviness bears down on me and she is not near to help lift it.

She has always been my saving grace as well as my rock. It has been in her presence that I find my strength even though she is unaware of my darkness. It is her quiet and still manner that keeps the beast at bay and calms my sometimes restless spirit. She gives me peace of mind and my heart bathes in the joy which fills me with content for a while. She embodies all that is wonderfully beautiful in my eyes for her soul is one of innocence and virginity. She has not been contaminated with the vileness in life that I have experienced. Her heart knows not of corruptibility and she has been spared the pain and deceit of this world by a protective mother. Her upbringing, a stark contrast to mine has molded and prepared her for me. My lifes experiences beg a desperate need of her. For without her my life might have been doomed and incarcerated in dark perpetuity.

Once again in her absence it is the minutes, the hours, and the days that need filling for it is in my idleness that the beast thrives and gains strength. Once again indiscretion and futility strive to overpower me and dominate my actions. Once again I have danced with the notion of indulgence and I have entertained those would be regretful actions. Once again my mind and will were close to the doorstep of shameful exuberance.

Once again divinity intercedes and better judgment doth prevail. Once again it has been my time to show inner strength and mental fortitude. Once again it is upon me to rise to the challenge and confront the beast for once again I am reminded of just how flawed a human being I am. Once again I have the opportunity in her absence to be the man that she needs me to be and the man I need to be for me. Once again I will gain more in depth insight into my inner being and become a better person from the experience.

Once again I have grown from the process and I've learned to appreciate her gentleness, her compassionate heart, her unyielding and uncompromising devotion, and her unconditional love for me. Once again she will return and life will resume with some sense of normalcy but who’s to say that this isn’t the designed normality for my life.

Once again there are the questions and once again I am still seeking the answers. Once again she will be by my side through it all......Once again we will embrace, once again we will talk, once again we will laugh and once again we will have each other.. Once again we will say I Love You..Once again for now and just maybe once again before…

Written by; Al ( Africafifth ) DeVeaux Jr

this is a great, compelling read.!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
candeesweet Black Poetry : Once Again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Al D Black Poetry : Once Again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
CosmicMessenger Black Spirituality Religion : Once Again, Science Proves The Bible True Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 199
L Black People : Once Again .... Itz the Uncle Tom show... Black People Open Forum 4
Ankhur Black People : Recolonization, Africa once again gets carved up by outsiders Black People Open Forum 9
Ankhur Black People : History being repeated, Africa and South America, once again seek unity Black People Open Forum 0
watzinaname Black Poetry : Decided to Meet on an Island, Once Again... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
abstract219 Black Haiku : Once Again..... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
watzinaname Black Poetry : Once Again... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
M Black People : Questions once again Black People Open Forum 4
$$RICH$$ Spoken Word : Once Again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Black Poetry : Once, and again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
HODEE Black People : CHAKA KHAN ~ LIVE ~ CHRISTMAS ONLY ONCE A YEAR Black People Open Forum 0
Al D Africa : Somali Activist Killed In War Torn Country as Her Father Once Was All Things Africa 0
Chyko Black Entertainment : Lupita Nyong’o Reveals This Shocking Thing a Makeup Artist Once Told Her About Her Dark Skin Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Bananas Have Died Out Once Before Black Health and Wellness 0
nilevalley Black People : I never once believed AMERICA had entered a post racial stage Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Gary Johnson reportedly once asked an aide: 'Who's Harriet Tubman?' Black People Politics 0
baller Black Poetry : Does Black History Month Mean as much as it Once Did? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : A change of heart, cholesterol may not be as bad as once thought Black Health and Wellness 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : DID WOMEN ONCE RULE THE WORLD? Black People Open Forum 2
Fine1952 African American History Culture : ***NOW REVEALED -- ONCE CONCEALED*** African American History Culture 70
Therious Black People : Black Babies Once Used as Alligator Bait - just a reminder of what they are! Black People Open Forum 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Poetry Discussion : Once Stress Is Blown Out Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Learning the way Quiet Poetry Lounge : Once upon a time Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
KaHotep Black Poetry : Once Upon Ah Tyme Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Alarm Clock Black People Politics : Civil Rights Veteran Chokwe Lumumba Elected Mayor of Jackson, Miss., Once a Center of Racial Abuses Black People Politics 2
MsInterpret Black Parenting : Once I became a parent I.... Black Parenting 17
A Black People Politics : Wow. So a woman once accused President Bush of rape. Black People Politics 1
ckoolbreez Black People Politics : Mitt Romney: I Can Relate To Black People, My Ancestors Once Owned Slaves Black People Politics 25
info-moetry Podcasts / MP3s / Audio : Even the Mafia once feared the N.O.I. Audio Video Web Conferencing 5
ballerSon Black Poetry : i blinked once at first sight and knew we would be together Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Istari Black People : Arlington Cemetery was once site of a thriving black town Black People Open Forum 3
H Black People : Argentina Was Once 80% Black What Happen To Everybody Black People Open Forum 4
MzBlkAngel Quiet Poetry Lounge : Jus once... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
H Black People : FOOL ME ONCE - PART 2of7 - IAN R CRANE Black People Open Forum 3
M Black Poetry : ONCE UPON A TIME Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Lataisha Nicole Black Poetry : FOR ONCE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Keita Kenyatta Black Poetry : Lola Let Me Love You Once More Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
tyab14 Eating Once A Day Black Health and Wellness 16
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Witness The Fall Of A Once Mighty Nation Chief Elder Osiris 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THEY ONCE WERE ONE AND NOW HAVE BECOME TWO, THUS THE FALL OF THE BLACK NATION !!! Chief Elder Osiris 2
T Quiet Poetry Lounge : Once Naked Mother Now A Naked Light Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
emanuel goodman Black People : Are we just illusioned about being safe once we return to africa Black People Open Forum 45
B Black People : Wake up once divine black men and women!!! Black People Open Forum 3
G Black People : Is Stress, Depression, & Oppression (SDO) Now Blacks (a Once Divine being), Fetish? Black People Open Forum 0
G For Once: Get Real! Health Issue for African American Men Black Health and Wellness 0
R Black Poetry : Ramblings of a woman who just realized she was once in love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
D Black Poetry : They Once Where Queens (A tribute to women) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
D Black Spirituality Religion : Once saved, always saved? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 47