Black People : Once Again .... Itz the Uncle Tom show...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Light, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    Has the word Uncle Tom been dragged through the mud to much...

Do people use the word Uncle Tom like another word....

TERRORIST

Basically if you dont go with the flow you are now a _________________

Oh hell and high water ... he is one of those things _________________

Basically the word is used to tool another person that you dont like... or you dont like what they say or do...

A lot of the time people do it because a person thoughts are foriegn to what they know or there community..... or one of my favorite words ....

CULT - TURE

See it doesnt matter what cult-ture you are from we are all fooled and bamboozled and knee slapping, and shimmy shaking, jump jiving

Itz because we dont do what we want anymore... women dont grow huge afro's any more .... you know why???

Because it was powerful, sexy, big and intemidating... it had to be gotten rid of ....

Men dont grow dreads, afro's, because it is not conformable to work progress...

Has any stopped to think what... in the hell does you hair "or skin" color have to do with intelligence...

Well to be honestly true it has nothing to do with it... because you intelligence has to do with your money.....

See intelligence test were created in Europe to separate the rich and the poor... Rich children went to school while poor went to farms and other things... But eventually the intelligence test was started to be used to get other things as well as favorite jobs, or positions "sound familiar".

It is were the military intelligence test originally came from....

Intelligence really means nothing ... it was made to separate people from rich and poor. So every one wanted to be intelligent but could never get there and on top of that you would listen to intelligence because was not only rich but also intelligent..... muhahaha lol.

But to Uncle Tom it is a label used to automatically get people to mentally hate.

Basically when you say Uncle Tom what you really should be saying is.....
    Attack that Kneegrow

What would the real Uncle Tom think
    of what happened to his name poor Uncle Tom

I mean think about it... How many of us including me are living were we want to live??? A lot of us live were we are because of money.... can we look in the mirror and call our selves a Uncle Tom for being tooled for "the white manz money"????

comments are welcome... just dont beat me up to bad....

2. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    @Light
    I'm just not getting your comments about intelligence. Maybe your IQ has got to do with money - cause you'll no doubt get a higher score if your family could pay for books and DVDs and so on - and so you could argue that intelligence tests were designed to separate the rich and the poor. But the tests aren't the same thing as intelligence. Even in the same family its obvious some people are more intelligent than others, just like some will be better singers or have better eyesight or anything else. Like in my family there are 3 of us girls - now if intelligence was just down to money all 3 of us would be as clever as each other - so how come my elder sister just sailed through to a Masters while I had to get extra help just to finish my Associate?
    The other point you made about doing what we want - like afros and dreads and so on - now I live in London now, not the States, but I see guys with dreads quite often - girls with afros not so much - but maybe that's just a fashion thing. Whether you can make any kind of statement in how you look probably depends on what job you do - but I guess its pretty much always been like that for anybody - like my father is a doctor in a hospital now - I can't imagine him doing that in dreads, but I'm in the music industry - I could probably turn up at the studio in PJs with my hair died blue and nobody would even be bothered.

3. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    Thanks for not beating on me to bad....

Its about keys... I cant learn crap by sitting still and doing it the way many people do. But if you let me do it my way I will master, and have mastered test. It is about how you are taught things ...
    The tutor might not help, it could be that you need to sing what you need to memorize... but that is not taught in schoolz after a certain grade...
    It could be that you would be able to surpass your sister in learning if you find the right method... such as the fact that humans use to read up and down now we read horizontal, different brains exposed to different things allow us all to grow at different rates.

No one "in my opinion" is more intelligent in your family than another... to me it is just that no one has found the key that will allow each person to master the skill. For me, consider I am ADD reading is something I enjoy it kept me seated in school and focused; but I had to read what I wanted to read, comic books. Comics lead to thousand page books because of questions in the comics relating to real time history. Same for others, learning about rap stars or other stars lead to understanding the industry and growth in creating their own production company.
    NO one is unintelligent, it is just that society does not present all the tools to you to open dormant abilities, "and that is truly it". It is hard not to go with the flow and believe that people are all equal, because there is so much out there making us believe that we are different.

Question is "why would society go through so much trouble to present that"

For your second answer it is just not fair to compare, Britain with the United States... lol Totally different shoe box, I grew up over sea's so I know some of the mental differences... And those differences are as long as every word ever written on this site. There are freedoms and liberties there that are not here and vise versa... in my opinion. (Man I love Jungle...music)

And what you said at the end is a perfect example "you could not imagine you father being a doctor with a afro or dreadz".....

Thats one of my pointz it is the imagez we see on television or that even music brings us that shapes what we think intelligence is...

Thank you for post keep bringing your thoughts to table.... I will tell you what i think... but I would never attack anyone...

Thanks

4. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    @Light
    Yeah - some interesting points there about the keys - I guess all my education was pretty formal so there wasn't really any chance to try out different ways of learning - like with the music - there is no way I can concentrate on something when its silent - I just get a total brain freeze - now if somebody was to let me have an iPod in an exam room I'd probably do better. Luckily the job I've got now the whole point is creating noise so no probs there. It was always the theory side of things I struggled with - the actual reading up stuff, writing essays and so on - not being big-headed or anything I know that when it got to the practical stuff like actually doing mixing live when a band was performing I was way better at it than most of the other guys on the course - my degree was in Music Tech'
    Re the second point - yeah I'm gradually learning on here how different life is in the UK and US - we get loads of US TV progs over here, but none of them really inform you that much as to the different way people think about things. Though I was actually born there, just haven't lived there since I was 3 though.

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Sounds like you have read
    and understood

Marimba Ani's

Yurugu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!