Black Poetry : On our side: Black and Gay (Keystyle response)

define

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 13, 2004
Who was call’d in to lead the caldron…When the Civil Rights Movement was scaldin’?...Who else but James Baldwin? And Alice let’s come out of the Wonderland….And I hope you ain’t wonderin’…Why all of these malice talkers…Turn the Color Purple when finding Alice Walker…Was in fact a Bi, when you was helpin’ blacks get by…And some turn their backs and “Sign,” and start askin’ why? And Langston Hughes Are they thankin’ you…For comin’ out they closet while changin’ shoes…To walk for equality and you paid ya dues?…Now all of sudden cats are rearrangin’ views…And George Washington Carver...alleviated the pains of slaves crossin’ the harbor…It must be me, because I thought biggin’ up Tuskegee…paved the way for the Georgian HBC’s…Is being like Lorraine Hansberry a sin? Maybe…But we need more Black politicians like Mr. Reeves, but y’all still think Ken’s crazy…And what about Ma Rainey and Gwen Avery? Now what does sex attraction…Have to do with leading my people to action…Now I’m just askin’…Because you were askin’…Whose really fightin’ on our side?…Now I’m answerin’ it was George Middleton and Claude Mckay…And yes the people called them gay…But these Gay Black men and women created the SQUARE so Blacks WON’T REMAIN ONE-SIDED!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back