Black Spirituality Religion : On Being Muslim And A Vegetarian...

A007 said:
The law of THOU SHALL NOT KILL...is based on love thy neighbor.
That is not true, A007. See my post above.

A007 said:
I think you confuse decaying with ripening. Animals decay after they are killed...just as plants.
I'm not confusing anything, A007. Perhaps you are. First, let us deal with the etymology of the word "decay," which is a biological term meaning to decompose; or rot. However, the word "decay" can apply to physical change, or, figuratively, to the breakdown of the mind, morals, or the like...usually implying a stage in deterioration short of destruction, whereas the word "rot" has both physical and figurative use. Therefore, animals decay and vegetable rot.

A007 said:
God gave us dominon over all OTHER creatures on Earth.[
True.

A007 said:
I do agree that we should be more mindful of what we put in our temples. However, my take is that we as humans overdue everything. We eat TOO MUCH meat...especially red...we eat TOO MANY sweets...including fruits...and it is possible to eat TOO MUCH vegetation. The fact is that we need the protein from fish and other meats. We just eat too much. 6 oz. of meat a day is sufficient...we eat more like 2 pounds. The reason for our sicknesses is we do not know how to do ANYTHING in moderation.
I agree with much of what you say here. One can eat too many artificial sweets, such as candy and sugar...but never too much fruit. There are people who eat nothing but fruit (fruitarians), so the premise of your argument is therefore flawed. And re: protein...the human body produces enough of its own protein, and man doesn't need to seek protein anywhere else.

Here is more for your edification and clarification, A007:

It is becoming increasingly more important for people to know what foods they should NOT eat, because too many are eating the wrong foods, and don’t even know it!

Then they wonder how they contract diseases like high blood pressure, gout, gallstones, kidney stones, arteriosclerosis (hardening of the blood arteries caused by excessive animal fat in the bloodstream – a major cause of heart attacks), strokes, serious skin problems (due to the consumption of too many acid foods), obesity, etc. Recent medical studies have shown that men who consume large amounts of beef have a tendency to contract colon cancer, and women who did the same contracted vaginal cancer and cancer of the colon as well. Man is on a path of self-destruction as long as he continues to disobey God’s laws of right eating. (See Leviticus 3:17; 7:26 and 11:7-8.)

Those who have given this subject consideration will not deny the fact that man is a vegetarian by nature. It is obvious that his teeth are designed to masticate vegetables, fruits, nuts and grains, whereas the teeth of carnivorous animals – which are tusk-like – are best adapted for flesh-tearing, and are also grown apart, so as to prevent the lodgment of particles of decayed flesh in the animal’s mouth...

Man’s intestinal tract is also more complicated, and nearly three times as long as the intestinal tract of animals that live on flesh. Besides the shortness of the intestinal tract of carnivorous animals when compared with that of man, it is also very smooth, while the intestines of man have numerous folds and pouches.

What we see here is that the intestines of beasts of prey are constructed so that their diet of flesh – which quickly decays – may be eliminated in the shortest possible time. The liver of, these animals is also of enormous size, and is very active, thus fully capable of neutralizing and eliminating 12 to 15 times as much acid as the human liver.

It is now common knowledge that a balanced diet is absolutely necessary to our health and well being. Therefore, in balancing our meals we should always be certain to give preference to the alkaline foods (fresh vegetables, fruits and most grains), while the acid-producing foods should be used sparingly (i.e., no more than two or three times a week).

Acid-producing foods are divided into two categories: organic acid (eggs, cheese, nuts and cereals) and inorganic acid (animal flesh, various animal by-products, all manufactured substances such as white sugar, white flour and all white-flour products). It is advisable to eliminate the inorganic substances altogether from your diet.

Alkaline foods consist of but one type, namely the organic variety. These foods are readily absorbed into the system, thus permitting the remineralization of the body. This being true, these products – i.e., fresh vegetables, fruits and most grains – should constitute 90% of the diet at all times, while the acid-producing foods should form the remaining 10%. Following this procedure, one may automatically maintain optimum health, and enjoy complete freedom even from what may be considered incurable diseases...

"I'm not confusing anything, A007. Perhaps you are. First, let us deal with the etymology of the word "decay," which is a biological term meaning to decompose; or rot. However, the word "decay" can apply to physical change, or, figuratively, to the breakdown of the mind, morals, or the like...usually implying a stage in deterioration short of destruction, whereas the word "rot" has both physical and figurative use. Therefore, animals decay and vegetable rot. "

I agree with this....However, it does not change the fact that the bannana and all of the other plants are not living before we consume them...only that they are in different degrees of rotting. So, haven't we broken the "Universal Law?" If we shouldn't kill, shouldn't that include ALL living things?

"I agree with much of what you say here. One can eat too many artificial sweets, such as candy and sugar...but never too much fruit. There are people who eat nothing but fruit (fruitarians), so the premise of your argument is therefore flawed. And re: protein...the human body produces enough of its own protein, and man doesn't need to seek protein anywhere else."

Just because people eat nothing but fruits does not make it right nor good for them. There are people that eat nothing but meat and/or meat products....does that make it ok?

You still never addressed my question .."3. Is it your contention that vegetarians do get cancer or many of the other diseases that flesh eaters get? "

All I am saying is that we can eat almost anything we want in moderation. Of course too much meat is bad for us...and too many refined foods, but to say that meat in and of itself is the cause of most of our ailments is debatable. I would submit that the depleated state of our soils have as much to do with our lack of nutrients i.e. bad health, as anything with the exception of municipal water.

The chlorinated water we drink is linked to every form of cancer and 60 percent of all other diseases.

A007 said:
I agree with this. However, it does not change the fact that the banana and all of the other plants are not living before we consume them...only that they are in different degrees of rotting. So, haven't we broken the "Universal Law?" If we shouldn't kill, shouldn't that include ALL living things?"
You have proffered a contradiction here, A007. First you make the erroneous statement that bananas and all other plants are not living before we consume them...which I discounted in my previous post. Then you query, "If we shouldn't kill, shouldn't that include ALL living things?" Your question becomes moot because you can't kill the fruits and vegetables that God provided for us to eat.

A007 said:
Just because people eat nothing but fruits does not make it right nor good for them...
What is the source of your information?

A007 said:
There are people that eat nothing but meat and/or meat products....does that make it ok?
In some parts of the world, where vegetation is scarce, people subsist on animal flesh. Eskimos, for instance, survive by eating whale meat...

A007 said:
You still never addressed my question...3. Is it your contention that vegetarians do get cancer or many of the other diseases that flesh eaters get?
I missed it. The answer is no.

A007 said:
All I am saying is that we can eat almost anything we want in moderation...
We are supposed to eat what God intended for us to eat.

A007 said:
Of course too much meat is bad for us...and too many refined foods, but to say that meat in and of itself is the cause of most of our ailments is debatable...
Check out the health publications Nature of England and the American Journal of Medicine and you will find that there is no more debate on the subject...

A007 said:
I would submit that the depleted state of our soils have as much to do with our lack of nutrients - i.e., bad health - as anything with the exception of municipal water. The chlorinated water we drink is linked to every form of cancer, and 60% of all other diseases.
I agree. That's why I don't drink chlorinated water. I drink natural spring water...

Aqil--

All of the contadictions are coming from you.

First, there is a "universal law" that states we should not kill...BUT...its ok if we kill plants

Second, We should be vegetarians because that is what God intended....EXCEPT....for those that can't

Third, We are dying of cancer and other diseases because we eat meat....YET....eskimos live almost solely on meat...but they have very low rates of cancer, diabeties, and heart disease.

Jesus ate fish and fed them to them to the multitudes....I guess the ultimate question is where in the Bible or Qur'an does it say "Thou shalt not eat meat?"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back