African Traditional Religion : Omo Obatala

Storymaster

Banned
Feb 16, 2015
My last reading said I was either a child of Obatala or Ogun. Initially, I thought I was a child of Ogun since I used to fight all the time and still have a bad temper. But I have little else in common with most children of Ogun. On the other hand I have almost everything in common with children of Obatala. Plus I'm "marked" (thinning hair). Anybody have information on children of Obatala? We seem to catch the 'boring' end of the stick in terms omo Orisa stereotypes. What are some interesting things about children of Obatala?
...you are a seeker. to be of Orisha you must study and be initiated...elekes, ocha / priesthood and years of development in an area of specialty...divining, drumming , making clothing for orisha...Ifa...It's like surface astrology for the uninitiated, for the practitioner...much deeper.

Ashefumi

Dec 22, 2015
My last reading said I was either a child of Obatala or Ogun. Initially, I thought I was a child of Ogun since I used to fight all the time and still have a bad temper. But I have little else in common with most children of Ogun. On the other hand I have almost everything in common with children of Obatala. Plus I'm "marked" (thinning hair). Anybody have information on children of Obatala? We seem to catch the 'boring' end of the stick in terms omo Orisa stereotypes. What are some interesting things about children of Obatala?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.