African Traditional Religion : Omo Obatala

Storymaster

Banned
Feb 16, 2015
My last reading said I was either a child of Obatala or Ogun. Initially, I thought I was a child of Ogun since I used to fight all the time and still have a bad temper. But I have little else in common with most children of Ogun. On the other hand I have almost everything in common with children of Obatala. Plus I'm "marked" (thinning hair). Anybody have information on children of Obatala? We seem to catch the 'boring' end of the stick in terms omo Orisa stereotypes. What are some interesting things about children of Obatala?
...you are a seeker. to be of Orisha you must study and be initiated...elekes, ocha / priesthood and years of development in an area of specialty...divining, drumming , making clothing for orisha...Ifa...It's like surface astrology for the uninitiated, for the practitioner...much deeper.

Ashefumi

Dec 22, 2015
My last reading said I was either a child of Obatala or Ogun. Initially, I thought I was a child of Ogun since I used to fight all the time and still have a bad temper. But I have little else in common with most children of Ogun. On the other hand I have almost everything in common with children of Obatala. Plus I'm "marked" (thinning hair). Anybody have information on children of Obatala? We seem to catch the 'boring' end of the stick in terms omo Orisa stereotypes. What are some interesting things about children of Obatala?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: