Black People : OldSoul needs your help!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Nov 23, 2006.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    I will no longer be able to conduct classes here after November 26th because I do not have the funds to pay my utility bill, which is scheduled to be disconnected on the 27th. I would like to continue contributing to this community but this will require the help of the Destee Family. We need to raise a minimum of $180.00 by Monday, Nov 27th to keep the lights on, literally. There are several ways you can participate in this effort, any of which will be greatly appreciated.
    You can go to www.blackland.org and click on the ‘DONATION’ button near the bottom of the page. You can make a contribution with your Visa, Mastercard, Discover or Amex.
    If you have a PayPal account, you can simply send a contribution directly to:
    [email protected]
    Once we have reached the minimum amount, I will post in this thread so you will know we have been successful. Anything less is not acceptable.
    OldSoul

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Brother OldSoul ... i am forever impressed with you. You know, neither one of us can count the number of times you've encouraged me, tried to strengthen me in this very way, in my effort to keep the community alive ... to have no shame in asking for what we need ... to just say it! This is soooo exciting! We all need something. We all are going through something, and if you aint rite now, jes' keep livin'! It is really a tedious time for us collectively, and i'm so honored that you would present your need, and allow us to have the opportunity to collectively resolve it! What a blessing this is! We will be able to say that a Member of this community, had a financial need, and we came together and solved it! No government assistance, no bunch of questions why, just do it, just fix it, just help your Brother or Sister!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

I'm already claiming the victory !!!! :toast: :toast: :toast:

This reminds me of the kind of "rent parties" i useta hear tell of, where Sisters and Brothers came together to help each other survive! Isn't it just amazing how we can find the beauty in the most trying of times! How we are able to recognize the most beautiful part of a trying moment! I'm so honored. I'm so blessed. Thank You Brother OldSoul for giving us this oportunity to move just a little bit further, on up that mountain!

Now Brother OldSoul ... i know you posted this in the Premium Member's Private Forum, but i think the whole Family needs to have the opportunity to be blessed as well ... by being a part of this historic moment on destee! If we leave it in the Premium Member's Private Forum, everyone won't be able to dig deep inside themselves, and say ... yes, i will help! ... :) ... so i've moved it to the Open Forum ... i surely hope you don't mind!

Now, i just made my little raggedy contribution ... oh my gosh Brother OldSoul ... i was just tickled thinking ... if this aint the poor lead'n the poor! Whew! :) ... as broke as i am, this has done my heart a lot of good, to be able to actually contribute money to an effort (outside of destee)! I never really thought i had no 'nuff money to help no bodee else!

Well ... i gave my little raggedy $10.00 ... but hey ... every little bit counts! If 20 of us give $10.00, we will have surpassed the goal! Surely, 20 Sisters and Brothers are willing to help our Brother in his time of need. He gives so much to us, every single week ... several times a week ... for years! He's never charged us a dime. Yes, this is the least we should be able to do.

So Family ... a challenge has been presented to us ... to help our own! While we couldn't save the Sisters and Brothers from Katrina, maybe we can help ourselves, by helping our Brother OldSoul to be able to continue sharing his knowledge and wisdom with us here.

If you are able and willing to help, please post in this thread, and let us know. It wouldn't even hurt to say how much you gave. Also, since he needs this right away, it's really best to do it as soon as possible ... as it takes a couple of days (or so) for the help to get to him.

Wow ... i'm excited for the victory!

Thank You Brother OldSoul ... Thank You Family ... :bowdown: :bowdown:

:heart:

Destee

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    This is soooo exciting ... i'm so hyped up by this !!!! :)

This is EXACTLY what i have imagined we could be and do!

To be a resource for our people ... that when there is a need ... we may be able to help!

What a blessing ... what a WONDERFUL DAY OF THANKS ... :)

I am so loving this!

Of course, in the great big scheme of things, we'd be more ready and prepared to help ... with a plan ... and a process ... and stuff like that ... but oh my gosh ... we gotta start somewhere! :)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSS :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Destee

4. GrandHustle

GrandHustle Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Brother OldSoul I really enjoy your classes. It's a pleasure to be able to help.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank You Brother Grand !!! :toast:

You know what Family ... i'm thinking we need to act really fast ... because the 27th is Monday, and having PayPal money available, in your own bank account, takes a couple days ... and plus ... this is a holiday weekend, so things may be a bit slower.

So we need to help right away. Helping on Monday will not get him the funds in time.

Just wanna let yall know ... i've been on the receiving end of your help, and just praying that the contribution gets to me in time, before they shut the site down ... stuff like that ... so i know!

I'm really proud of us!

There is a part of me that's saying, what if we don't come through, and i'm trying to push those thoughts to the back of my mind ... because it will be a very hard pill to swallow ... that we meet and greet each other with warm and loving words, talk of unifying and supporting our own ... yet when a $200 challenge is presented to hundreds ... we can't be depended upon. That is a fear of mine, for i know the condition we are in ... but i refuse to believe it!

I refuse to believe that this community won't realize its fullest potential!

So ... there is evidence ... that i believe we can accomplish alll things, no matter what!

Yes Yes Yes ... i'm believing in us!

Brother OldSoul ... keep us posted ... 'cause we only got a few hours to get this done!

Destee

ps ... this is so great ... just imagine ... any one of us could be facing a life challenge, and need help ... and because we've helped others ... others will be willing to help us ... right here ... we can help each other. Now i know an idea such as this, is going to take more than i know how to do, but it certainly seems do-able! And i know we have people in this community qualified to lead / manage such an effort. I don't even know what all it would entail, but the bottom line would be ... that if someone in the Family needed help, they could get some help. I'm too hyped rite now. Let me be still. Focus Destee. One thing at a time. Let's get past the $200.00 challenge first, before you begin thinking about helping everyone! :)

pss ... i called my own $10.00 raggedy up there ... but aint nuth'n raggedy 'bout them $10.00 .. so i wanna take those words back ... 'cause this is probably some of the best money i've spent in a long time, outside of keeping this community alive ... where else can i get soooooooo much for $10.00 ??!!! ... so ... don't be talk'n 'bout my raggedy $10.00 no more! :)

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    i will help as will others i'm sure.
    it will not be there by monday though.

7. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Look for me, Teacher.

Love you!:luvv:

8. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    We got you Teacher...lean on us, when you're not strong...
    I'm your friend..and I'll help you carry on..we're here!

9. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Let's help to Keep the knowledge comming family.

10. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976