Black Spirituality Religion : Old Testament Timeline

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009
Old Testament Timeline

Matthew McGee

The following chronological Old Testament timeline is based upon scriptural passages in the Bible. The verse references are provided. It should be noted that time lengths provided in the Bible are usually in whole years. Thus, the further back in the timeline, the more rounding error can occur. However, this has little effect on the later dates and should only effect the older dates by a few years.

The table below lists Biblical events in their chronological order. The events listed are those which are most useful in building the chronology, not necessarily those which are most spiritually significant. Within the table are certain events for which Bible chronologers sometimes disagree. For those events I have provided an internal link to some further discussion that is written below the table. The following questions are examined: (1) The age of Terah when his son, Abraham, was born, (2) the period over which the children of Israel were slaves in Egypt, and (3) the period over which the judges led Israel.

TIMELINE

Old Testament Timeline

Matthew McGee

TIMELINE

Wow! This is as close as I've ever seen in comparison to my research!

The date of the Exodus in the 1400s [1496] is the most important date because, it can be compared to the dates of Egyptian dynasties.

But most of all, it is the Star of Bethlehem that is still not regarded. Based upon the New Testaments, this star appeared during the FEAST OF THE BOOTHS [TABERNACLE], an observance that was fixed and did not change for the Jews until after the Crucifixion. This Star is the key and bridges the Old Testaments to the New Testaments . . . until today.

Creation
3950 BC
Genesis 5:3

Does this mean that the earth was created 5,959 years ago?
This is a source of confusion, at least for me.
Could someone with the knowledge explicate on this?
My thanks ahead of time.

Brother Awo, I can't answer your question.

Actually, no sarcasm intended; but I'm more concerned with the ENDING of this Earth more so than "when" it was created. Perhaps, those with more "scientific knowledge" can answer your question.

I posted this topic to see what others thought of it, myself.
;)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back