Black Astrology : Old Symbols of Astrology and its Validity

Discussion in 'Black Astrology' started by _NortheastGroover_, Jul 24, 2014.

1. _NortheastGroover_

_NortheastGroover_ Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    I'm making this thread because in my learning of Astrology I've come across some interesting information and thought I'd share it with some people on destee to get peoples, who are familiar, opinion.

I've learned that quite a few zodiac signs were different in the past and are different in some cultures, and of course having different symbols means different meanings. So which is true?? And if the symbol and meaning can change then it can't be definite or absolute right? Now don't beat me up because I'm honestly not leaning 1 way or the other I'm just asking questions, and if I'm wrong, correct me.

I'm still in the process of finding some links on the net because most of my information comes from a dvd on Astro-theology.

The old constellation for scorpio use to be an eagle (Aquila) and in Indonesia the constellation scorpio is called Banyakangrem (the brooding swan) and Kalapa Doyong (the leaning coconut tree).

And part of scorpio, ophuichus, and Sagittarius use to form a huge Dragon and in some cultures the combination of these 3 zodiacs form different
    constellations
    like the Hawaiin God/Hero Maui

The cancer crab use to be scarab beetle

If anybody got more information about old/other zodiac constellations to contribute please do, and like I said if im wrong about some things then please correct me

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/color-of-the-cross.42995/page-74#post-448002

3. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    sorry but i have to say i reckon astrology is just hokum - cant see any way in which the stars could possibly influence my life..... if that were the case youd expect two kids born in the same place at the same time to have pretty similar lives - now think what would be the liklyhood of that if there backgrounds were totally different - cant think of a single thing emitted by a star thats would change my destiny - apart from a bad enough dose of radiation to kill us all or somethin

4. _NortheastGroover_

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    I can definitely believe star influence us, energy influences energy. Everything must serve a purpose, what purpose do they serve then?

5. Dreya

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    why do they need to serve a purpose for US??? i mean are we so special that everythin in Gods universe has to be for us? - what purpose does a wasp have? - far as i can see there only purpose is to annoy the hell outta me every time we have a picnic - but presumably they have a purpose - just it aint one for us

6. _NortheastGroover_

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    Because we're apart of it, I guess it really depends on what religion/philosophy you follow, or raised on.

We're apart of the universe and we're apart of the earth, so what goes on in our environment (on earth and in the universe) affects/influences us directly or indirectly.

7. Dreya

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    well i was brought up evangelical - to be honest most of the folk in my church would probly say astrology was devilry - personally i woulnt go that far thoough

8. _NortheastGroover_

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    Well in the bible it says man was made in God's image and God blew his breath in us so may breathe or something like that so part of being/essence is with the creator and also made from clay so part of our being is also of the earth...

So I say that to say everything around us serves a purpose for us.

9. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet. :)

10. _NortheastGroover_

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    Yeah that's true its not the same. If Scorpio is a scorpion in Western astrology, a coconut tree in Indonesia, and a cultural hero in another, those are some pretty stark differences...

The thing about a rose is that its a rose no matter what but that's not the same with constellations...