Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Here are links to old destee.com newsletters :

What's Happening @ Destee - 11/04/02

What's Happening @ Destee - 11/11/02

What's Happening @ Destee - 11/18/02

These were just text.

As you can see, they were done long ago ... 2002 ... i've not really tried since then. I haven't checked to see what functionality is available right now. I know we can send the Family email text messages, with links, formatted much like the above ... easily ... right now.

I'll be checking to see what else we have access to.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

These were just text.

As you can see, they were done long ago ... 2002 ... i've not really tried since then. I haven't checked to see what functionality is available right now. I know we can send the Family email text messages, with links, formatted much like the above ... easily ... right now.

Love You!

Destee

Destee,

Thank you for this information. After reviewing all the links, some great ideas popped into my mind that will work well with Sister Seeking Maat's proposal of doing a Destee.com, home grown, Magazine of quality.

When I receive Seeking Maat's input, I will put it altogether and make it a part of GroupThinks' weekly progress report.........Thanks for attending our Meeting this morning.........Love you too!

Today's class :)

In response to Bro Clyde’s request, I submit a few thoughts for your consideration.

The idea of reinstating a newsletter is a very good one, but I would take it a step further and issue a magazine-type journal - one whose content is of some substance. My reasoning behind is that all of our email boxes are sometimes overloaded with various newsletters/group responses that one does not always open or read. It would be a shame for Destee to join these ranks, therefore it will require a different approach.
There’s no need to reinvent the wheel, for we already possess all that we need. There are many members (in and out of the shadows :) ) who possess a wealth of information and knowledge on a variety of subjects that is pertinent to our growth and healing. Destee’s archives is but one testament to that. We need to use what is available to us, and we have web designers, artists, lecturers, authors, metaphysicans spiritualists, researchers etc etc. Name it and it already exists. Its about the gathering of what we already have and utilizing it for our own benefit.

I would hope that the content be reflective our Destee’s family Afrikan centered ethos and makes no apology for our love of Afrika and our Afrikaness. A magazine could cover many different topics and perhaps attract a wider community of people who want to build/encouraging/develop themselves and their Nation. I did suggest quarterly as I personally would go for quality over quantity every time and in order to present a magazine of ‘substance’ and not over-burden any particular individual(s) ….. I have seen many ‘initiatives’ started with good intentions and fail through over and non commitment. I would hope that producing a magazine four times a year as a collective, does not sound too burdensome for anyone (smile).

I enjoyed the class today and nice to meet/hear ya’ll. Bro Clyde I ‘fleshed’ out a couple things, but please feel free to add.

Peace out
:qqb003:

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

In response to Bro Clyde’s request, I submit a few thoughts for your consideration.

The idea of reinstating a newsletter is a very good one, but I would take it a step further and issue a magazine-type journal - one whose content is of some substance. My reasoning behind is that all of our email boxes are sometimes overloaded with various newsletters/group responses that one does not always open or read. It would be a shame for Destee to join these ranks, therefore it will require a different approach.
There’s no need to reinvent the wheel, for we already possess all that we need. There are many members (in and out of the shadows :) ) who possess a wealth of information and knowledge on a variety of subjects that is pertinent to our growth and healing. Destee’s archives is but one testament to that. We need to use what is available to us, and we have web designers, artists, lecturers, authors, metaphysicans spiritualists, researchers etc etc. Name it and it already exists. Its about the gathering of what we already have and utilizing it for our own benefit.

I would hope that the content be reflective our Destee’s family Afrikan centered ethos and makes no apology for our love of Afrika and our Afrikaness. A magazine could cover many different topics and perhaps attract a wider community of people who want to build/encouraging/develop themselves and their Nation. I did suggest quarterly as I personally would go for quality over quantity every time and in order to present a magazine of ‘substance’ and not over-burden any particular individual(s) ….. I have seen many ‘initiatives’ started with good intentions and fail through over and non commitment. I would hope that producing a magazine four times a year as a collective, does not sound too burdensome for anyone (smile).

I enjoyed the class today and nice to meet/hear ya’ll. Bro Clyde I ‘fleshed’ out a couple things, but please feel free to add.

Peace out
:qqb003:

SeekingMaat,

Again, thanks for the input and encouragement, you are an inspiration. And I do recall you saying, take our time, there is no rush; and you are so right, we desire to succeed at this endeavor.

This info rounds out the progress report!

In the Spirit of Sankofa and the Family!

These were just text.

Love You!

Destee

Sister Destee,

We (GroupThink) are now close to the point of generating e-mail text messages to the Family and within those messages would be links, which would directly connect said members to the Destee.comNews. Currently, Sister VIDALIFE has volunteered to serve as editor, and bro. ru2religious as its page designer. Of course, this step precedes the final phase of print and distribution, and ultimately the Destee.com Magazine, as submitted by Sister SeekingMaat.

So, inconjunction with what else may be available, it seems we have a match-up. Again, thank you Sister Destee for all that you do, have done, and continue to do for the People, for real my sister friend.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back