Group Think : Old destee.com Newsletters

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Sister VIDALIFE,

This particular thread within our forum(GroupThink) can be used for express communication efforts by all revelant parties having a hand in building the much talked about, newsletter. And thanks for stepping up and knocking it out of the park, for real.

What is it's name? So far, Destee.comNews, has stuck and become somewhat permanent, if you have something different in mind, lets discuss either here, in the GT meeting or over the phones...Peace In my sister friend.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Progress!

... Today's class:)... and we need you now SeekingMaat

In response to Bro Clyde’s request, I submit a few thoughts for your consideration.

The idea of reinstating a newsletter is a very good one, but I would take it a step further and issue a magazine-type journal - one whose content is of some substance. My reasoning behind is that all of our email boxes are sometimes overloaded with various newsletters/group responses that one does not always open or read. It would be a shame for Destee to join these ranks, therefore it will require a different approach.
There’s no need to reinvent the wheel, for we already possess all that we need. There are many members (in and out of the shadows :) ) who possess a wealth of information and knowledge on a variety of subjects that is pertinent to our growth and healing. Destee’s archives is but one testament to that. We need to use what is available to us, and we have web designers, artists, lecturers, authors, metaphysicans spiritualists, researchers etc etc. Name it and it already exists. Its about the gathering of what we already have and utilizing it for our own benefit.

I would hope that the content be reflective our Destee’s family Afrikan centered ethos and makes no apology for our love of Afrika and our Afrikaness. A magazine could cover many different topics and perhaps attract a wider community of people who want to build/encouraging/develop themselves and their Nation. I did suggest quarterly as I personally would go for quality over quantity every time and in order to present a magazine of ‘substance’ and not over-burden any particular individual(s) ….. I have seen many ‘initiatives’ started with good intentions and fail through over and non commitment. I would hope that producing a magazine four times a year as a collective, does not sound too burdensome for anyone (smile).

I enjoyed the class today and nice to meet/hear ya’ll. Bro Clyde I ‘fleshed’ out a couple things, but please feel free to add.

Peace out
:qqb003:

SeekingMaat,

Here is the link to Destee.comNews, editor, VIDALIFE:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60556

The link goes to the current PDF format for viewing, provided you have Adobe 9. It has been our experience that even if you do have Adobe, it may have to be re-installed in order to pull up the pages of the newsletter.

Also, the group awaits your return and help in completing the final stage of GroupThink's goal; the homegrown publication.

Now that we have the newsletter, we need your help also in preparing us to move into the Magazine stage of the concept...Peace In my sister friend.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back