Black Women : Okay, i need to vent...

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Thandiwe, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Thandiwe

Thandiwe Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    okay any man who is not comfortable reading about "female" issues, click out now. LOL!

why do they need pantyliners for thongs? if you need a pantyliner, then you most likely shouldn't be wearing a thong.

and why do teenagers or pre-teens need thongs? in the last school i worked, an arts and science middle school, i couldn't tell you how many times i had to be exposed to some little girls thong showing in their low rise jeans.

okay, somebody tell our young black girls that low-rise jeans are not made for us. everyone should NOT have to see the crack on one's *** when bending over. nor should we be able to see peekaboo views of her "goodbasket".

and i am so tried of seeing the ***** of little boys, teenage boys and grown men. pull your dammn pants up, put on a (*#&)(@* belt!!!!!!!that ain't cute. i find it even more disgusting when i see a grown asz man, pants down below his asz and boxers showing. for some reason, they always look dirty to me. yuck!!!!

2. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ya ain't alone, Sistagirl...

Just wanted to let ya know I am totally with you on this one. Boys, young men, adult males, girls, young women and grown women ALL need to show more respect for themselves as well as for those of us who have the displeasure and repulsion of having to witness their triflingness. Two very recent examples: just last night I was sitting in my car preparing a bill payment, when up the sidewalk strolls two females (ebony), one of whom had on a supertight pair of pants that were cut extremely low, with these string things extending from the low waistline to her hips. I almost puked--her dangon crack was just right there in my face in full view! How is that crap even legal??? What is the american negress stooping to these days, and why??? The other example, about 2 weeks ago, I was having lunch at a restaurant when this group of girls (couldn't have been older than 15 or 16) walk in. There were about 6 or 7 of them. One of them was prancing around in there (by the way, there were about 5 teen boys in there as well) with a 1/2 top on and some loooooooooooooooow cut shorts or pants, but the thing about the shorts/pants she had on was that she had a cell phone stuffed in the front of them toward the side, held in place only by the waistband. What was worse, was my 9-year-old daughter pointed out how indecently the girl was exposed, and when I remarked that I cannot believe her parents would buy her such clothing, my daughter noted that it was not the clothes, but the way the girl had maneuvered them (she had actually tied the shirt in a way that made it appear as a 1/2 top).

It is a sad state of affairs for the young generation. So desperate for attention (since they obviously get none at home), they beg for it from one another. And for the adults who are indecently exposed, there is NO excuse.

3. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    ohh Nia Gurl! i could see this conversation going in several different dialogues...

and YOU know how long and the differnt directions our conversations can go...LOL! sooooooo, i'll give others to chance to comment first...

4. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  5. Nia Maishani

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +1
    Uh...

Incorrect?

6. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    explain oldsoul, why are things the way they should be?

and should we try to make change? where do we begin?

i think we can come up with many different causes, some we will agree upon and so we won't. can we can find many different blames but i think we lack solutions, complacency in acting, and lack of strength in numbers. there is always something to keep us divided.

7. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    i will also have to agree about the programming, we live in a media driven society. our children's heroes are rappers and athletes.

8. OldSoul

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Why things are the way they're supposed to be...

If we can agree that we live in a 'controlled' society, not a 'free' society, as many try to believe, then we can understand that MOST people are behaving the way they have been programmed to behave.
    For example, we have been taught that there is something called 'normal' behavior. What is 'normal' is not clearly defined, but we all can define what is NOT 'normal'. Why is that?
    It is because we are operating under 'sub-conscious' programming.
    Here is an experiement to do with yourself and others.
    We think in pictures, not words. When I say the word tree, you see a tree in your mind, not the word tree, right?
    Every word we hear translates to a picture, but we are not 'conscious' of this.
    I will say a word lower down and I want you to try to consciously recall the FIRST picture that comes into your mind. It's important that you conciously try to recall the image, because your 'sub-conscious' will try to keep you from recalling it.
    Are you ready?
    The word is; GOD
    (See the next reply)

9. OldSoul

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    What did you see?

If you were primarily raised and educated in the U.S. or Europe, it is almost 100% certain that the FIRST image you saw in your head was a white man.
    This is understandable if the word was Jesus, because we're 'aware' that most images of Jesus are of a white man, but why GOD?
    Where did you get your mental image of GOD. There are no 'images' of GOD in the media, so the only place you could get that image is from 'sub-conscious' implantation.
    The point is this: If your sub-concious image of GOD is a white man, and you have been taught to fear GOD, then you cannot help but to have a 'sub-conscious' fear of white men.
    You will also be programmed to sub-consciously 'obey' white men- GOD.
    Until a person 're-programs' their sub-conscious, through education, knowledge and understanding, they will operate according to their primary programming.
    Think on this and we'll talk more soon.

10. Nia Maishani

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, now.....

Pleased to make your acquaintance, oldsoul.....

Point well taken.....

Looking forward to continued dialogue with ya here.

Nia