Black Positive People : OK the march is over, what is the result desired of real change?

Alarm Clock

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 6, 2013
Dr King, Bayard Rustin and A Phillip Randolph did not rally 200, 000 people to dream or for a dream, they rallied a march so that they could all and we as Black people could all sleep and dream in peace knowlng that the president then would be forced to engage in new policy and sign new civil rights legislation as a result of the march!
Hey were by and large adults who thought like adults, and knew good and well what the powers and limitations of the POTUS was!
And after that march president Lyndon Baines Johnson felt forced to do this;

Martin_Luther_King,_Jr._and_Lyndon_Johnson_2.jpg

On January 8, 64 President Lyndon Johnson in his first State of the Union Address declares unconditional war on poverty in America, thus initiating a broad array of government programs designed to assist the poorest citizens of the nation including a disproportionate number of African Americans.

and this

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is passed by Congress on July 2. The act bans discrimination in all public accommodations and by employers. It also establishes the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC) to monitor compliance with the law.

and this;

On August 20, President Lyndon Johnson signs the Economic Opportunity Act, initiating the federally-sponsored War on Poverty. The act includes Head Start, Upward Bound, and Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA).
http://www.blackpast.org/?q=timelines/african-american-history-timeline-1900-2000

963482463001_2626589517001_video-still-for-video-2626934676001.jpg

So for this march, that has passed with the advantage of the internet, social networks, and computers to spread the word as well as organize,
what demands are expected to be met by president Obama after this march?

50 Years Later: What Would You March For? #IMarchFor

HT_march_washington_nt_130823_16x9_608.jpg

More than 1,000 buses, 37 trains, and 14 planes brought civil rights marchers from across the country to the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. (National Archives)
And so, we want to know: What
are the causes that you care most about today?
What issue would get you marching?

Let us know in the comments below — or share with us on Twitter
using the hashtag
#IMarchFor

And if you’re on the National Mall on Wednesday look out for ABC News’ “I March For…” posters. We’ll be asking people to fill them out, so that we can share your responses during our television coverage and throughout the day on social media!

mlk_poster4_inset_16x9_608.jpg

suggested reading and action:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/08/50-years-later-what-would-you-march-for-imarchfor/

Here's a good opportunity Alarm Clock, to make your desires known and get them acted upon.

OK the march is over, what is the result desired of real change?

Dr King, Bayard Rustin and A Phillip Randolph did not rally 200, 000 people to dream or for a dream, they rallied a march so that they could all and we as Black people could all sleep and dream in peace knowlng that the president then would be forced to engage in new policy and sign new civil rights legislation as a result of the march!
Hey were by and large adults who thought like adults, and knew good and well what the powers and limitations of the POTUS was!
And after that march president Lyndon Baines Johnson felt forced to do this;

Martin_Luther_King,_Jr._and_Lyndon_Johnson_2.jpg

On January 8, 64 President Lyndon Johnson in his first State of the Union Address declares unconditional war on poverty in America, thus initiating a broad array of government programs designed to assist the poorest citizens of the nation including a disproportionate number of African Americans.

and this

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is passed by Congress on July 2. The act bans discrimination in all public accommodations and by employers. It also establishes the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC) to monitor compliance with the law.

and this;

On August 20, President Lyndon Johnson signs the Economic Opportunity Act, initiating the federally-sponsored War on Poverty. The act includes Head Start, Upward Bound, and Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA).
http://www.blackpast.org/?q=timelines/african-american-history-timeline-1900-2000

963482463001_2626589517001_video-still-for-video-2626934676001.jpg

So for this march, that has passed with the advantage of the internet, social networks, and computers to spread the word as well as organize,
what demands are expected to be met by president Obama after this march?

50 Years Later: What Would You March For? #IMarchFor

HT_march_washington_nt_130823_16x9_608.jpg

More than 1,000 buses, 37 trains, and 14 planes brought civil rights marchers from across the country to the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. (National Archives)
And so, we want to know: What
are the causes that you care most about today?
What issue would get you marching?

Let us know in the comments below — or share with us on Tw
itter
using the hashtag
#IMarchFor

And if you’re on the National Mall on Wednesday look out for ABC News’ “I March For…” posters. We’ll be asking people to fill them out, so that we can share your responses during our television coverage and throughout the day on social media!

mlk_poster4_inset_16x9_608.jpg

suggested reading and action:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/08/50-years-later-what-would-you-march-for-imarchfor/

Here's a good opportunity Alarm Clock, to make your desires known and get them acted upon.

OK the march is over, what is the result desired of real change?
In all due respect I think that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard in my over 50 years! As anyone here knows I view the march as a joke and waste of time but from the resputs of Dr KIng and what LBJ was forced to do,
'I had a shadow of a hope that there was some rhyme to reason fro this particular march, but here is a bit of old news for those who refuse to look at reality;
Seeing 'New Jim Crow' Placards Seized by Police & More From the March on Washington

http://www.thenation.com/blog/17589...placards-seized-police-more-march-washington#

:11100: that would be a big NOTHING…….
Here it is an entire work day, this was posted 9 in the morning and here it is passed 6 in NYC, so I thought I would give the march supporters the benefit of the doubt before I put a thanks click on this post brother James

but seeing as no one has said anything in eight hours! Thank you once again fro your honesty!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back