Health and Wellness : oily skin with foundation?

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by bobbie, Aug 31, 2012.

1. bobbie

bobbie Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    so every time i put on foundation, my skin becomes excessively shiny, i have tried many primers- EVEN THE ONES THAT SAY IT HELPS WITH OILY SKIN, but it doesn't work.
    I do have oily skin, but it becomes worse when i put on my foundation.
    Could anyone recommend me a good foundation for oily skin or primer pls? :)

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Try using natural soaps....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Moon Child

Moon Child Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +279
    Hello,

As an up and coming make up artist I would have to ask you a couple of questions!:wave:

1. What kind of prep are you giving your face BEFORE application. Be careful of the skin care system you use PRIOR to applying your foundation. Get one that is going to clean the skin and take away the oil.

2. What kind of primer are you using? A lot of times primer doesn't work on oily skin, especially if it has OIL in the ingredients. IF you really like the primer, try not to use it on the areas on the face that tend to get oily the most. For example. Don't apply it on the T-zone, which is the most common area that people get the oily skin!

3. Lastly, what kind of foundation are you using? Individuals who have oily skin should stay away from liquid foundations because it causes oily skin to be well, oilier. Try a matte finish foundation, one that gives you a light feeling, but when absorbed has even coverage. You may also want to try a finishing powder? But not too much because it tends to make AA women look ashy!

They have make up swatches that you can use after applying make up and or that you can carry with you to pat on your face that absorbs the oil from the skin, give those a try too.

What product to use? Sigh, this is tricky cause it depends on your wallet and the brand you like. Some like IMAN, who does have a oil free primer, but the reviews are shaky on the foundations that go with it in terms of proper color matching. Of course MAC products have the best reviews. I would try Make up forever, Bobby Brown and Clinque. Of course the most expensive but higher quality.

I hope this helps!

Moon