Black People Politics : Ohio teacher fired over comment on black president

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

:toast:

Ohio teacher fired over comment on black president

[​IMG]

The Fairfield Board of Education voted 4-0 on Thursday night to fire science teacher Gil Voigt from Fairfield Freshman School, according to The Cincinnati Enquirer.

CINCINNATI (AP) — An Ohio teacher has been fired after a black student who said he wanted to become president claimed the teacher told him the nation didn't need another black commander in chief.

The Fairfield Board of Education voted 4-0 on Thursday night to fire science teacher Gil Voigt from Fairfield Freshman School, according to The Cincinnati Enquirer (http://cin.ci/1kIkFmQ ).

"The district felt that the evidence was sufficient to support the termination of Mr. Voigt's employment," Superintendent Paul Otten said in statement.

suggested reading:
    http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-teacher-fired-over-black-president-142925734.html

2. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247
    Its this kind of teacher who have the lowest expectations of black children but I can't put all the blame on jerks like this teacher because the kids are being raised in homes where those expectations MAY not be inculcated into their minds. As a parent you have to be military about your kids performing well in school, if you have to act you gone plume, stone crazy to get the message across I say its worth doing. I know I did and I am thrilled at how my kids took school and grades seriously. I was always checking homework and spent money on tutors. I would wake your tail up earlier than expected if I saw your homework was not complete or you did a sloppy job. I would also help a lot too when I saw they were just too tired to think. In fact I am guilty of doing it for them, I would write the answers on another piece of paper and have them copy it to their work, no shame. lol !!

But its jerks like this teacher who target black kids as underachievers and never will take those extra steps to make sure they are actually teaching.

Which is why you must do it at home, it is really the parents responsibility to make sure your kids are educated.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

What more can be said, you've said it all JuneBugg, very good points. Thanks for sharing that personal fatherhood too! Let's hope our readers implement just some of what you contributed.

As far as the teacher, I'm glad he got terminated, finally:

In that incident, Voigt denied making any insulting comments to students and told school officials that a group of students in his class were colluding against him.

The state referee found Voigt's explanation for those two incidents to also be not credible.

4. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    "In that incident, Voigt denied making any insulting comments to students and told school officials that a group of students in his class were colluding against him."

Yeah, the students are after him, this gives me hope in our younger generations, I hope it is true that those kids are taking actions against him, they are there to learn not get insulted.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    Exactly ... One thing I will say about s0-called generation x, they got plenty of mouth:)

6. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    Yes sir, and they gonna a need them too, I really think we in for messy events and I hope and pray Gen Xers and the rest of us raise hell on the establishment because the political and corporate establishment serves to benefit the top 1%, really a fraction 1%, bought and paid for, I'm hoping Gen X weil start a social movement that can turn the tables on the plutocrats and oligarchs who could care less about the well being of the country.

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    it's this same type of teacher that tried to hold malcom x back....smh

one love
    khasm

8. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    Imagined if MX and MLK lived.... but what I wonder about, no one followed after those 2 and it must not be a coincidence. Or is it?

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    it's not....mental warfare has become extremely more sophisticated....
    plus becky is fair game now so that shut some brothers down too...lol
    it's easy to forget the struggle when ur mate knows nothing about it....

one love
    khasm

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

Transforming from a Regressive state into being Progressives isn't going to be easy, short of hoping. Afterall, America is the fall before Rome.