Black People : Officer fatally shoots black woman in Bay Town, Texas

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Fine1952, May 15, 2019.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    ...As it turns out the victim, Pamela Turner, a 44-45 year old grandmother, suffered from mental problems and had open warrants. The police said she grabbed the officers taser, although Eye did not see this action on the video. She then tussled with the police and he shot her like a dog x5. The end did not justify the means, however.

Yet, yet ...Eye know the sentiments of law enforcement in the state of Texas. Eye remember how Sandra Bland was treated...!

In conclusion, this is not a time to march and shout. This is a time to recognize that a psychological war is in progress and has been in progress for a loooooog time.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/baytow...CoAkqftegNej1PQk12hNbUX7jXGRjgW73q3l-eVv0nCSI

Officer fatally shoots woman heard on video claiming she's pregnant

Police on Tuesday said Pamela Turner was not pregnant; family said she suffered from mental health issues
    cbsnews.com

2. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,316
    WOW!!!! Thanks for posting Fine1952. I saw the video myself and I know of no police officer on this planet who would dare serve a warrant "Albeit active or bench" on anybody alone. Another thing I don't know what transpired from their initial point of contact until he shot her 5+ times while she was laying face up on the ground not posing any credible threat of bodily harm to him but this is Texas so we all know what round file this investigation is going into. Also wasn't it mentioned that she was well known to him and they had some type of negative history? I wonder if the other Black residents who are still among the living have any opinions about this officer? Time will tell.