Black Women : Office Issues - Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by CarrieMonet, Sep 30, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    My office does not have a door. Because it's an "open" office people tend to stop by and talk or ask silly questions. This would not be a problem...if I liked chatting it up while I try to get work done, but I really hate being interrupted. Some people will actually stand just inside the doorway and carry on conversations with other people. Others are lost and come in to ask for directions....

I think that is one of the only pet peeves I have as far as work goes...I generally get along well with everyone.

What are some of the things you don't like about working in an office that employs a lot of people?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    when you on the phone and someone come up talking like you not
    trying to be heard is too much and the gossip that go on something
    i try to stay away from because it get twisted more and more from every mouth

3. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    People in all your business. Just nosiness, in general. My last job, I couldn't get an order of food delievered without people following me around trying to find out what it was.

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Well, I hate the drama and gossip that comes along with it. I also hate being around a lot of people if some of them have bad hygiene...which is common in large groups. Other than that I'm cool with it. If it's really noisy it can be a distraction, but it also brings some comedy and humor that makes the day go by a little faster. :juggle:

5. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well, see, I have quite a few.

1. Almost always, gossip.

2. The mix of professionalism and relationships, which breeds avoidable situations like cat fights while dude walk away like it's nothing.

3. That one nosey person that swear they know everything, always peeking over you to see what you're doing, looking at you like you're the villiage idiot and then when you ask them what they would do they suddenly act like they didn't want any parts of the situation.

4. Underestimation of my worth, especially after listening to someone else tell you that I'm worthless and you listen without giving me a chance to prove myself.

5. Cliques. It's like, I'm not there to make friends, I'm there to make money. Hate me for coming to work to actually work, if you will. That's on you. I'm just not into that whole "complain by the water cooler" thing. I get along very well but let's stay professional.

6. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I dislike unproductive workers, and people who lack the proper knowledgable about the job.

7. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I cannot stand rudeness or unprofessional behavior at all!.
    I went to Popeyes the other day and D*** near burst a vein!.
    I pulled up to the drive-thru speakerbox and instead of hearing a "Hello, Welcome to Popeyes, how can I take your order?", Homegirl Says" What?"!!!! Not EVER in my lil' life I have had a cashier say "What?" to me, I thought that that only existed in Movies....And if that ain't the cat's pajamas, dig this. I waited for atleast 10 min. before homegirl said"have you been helped yet", all this after she walked past the window about 5-7 times!. On top of that, she didn't even want to give me some extra sauce for my chicken strips- Oh, I wasn't havin' that- I requested her manager stat!!!!.Instead she opted to give me those extra Sauces- shoot, I wasn't leaving without them!!

I said all this to say what?... Oh yeah, I can't stand Unprofessionalism!!.

8. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Oh Yeah,
    Another thing that I can't stand is when a person calls in and start askin; me stupid s****!. Or, when they start flirting.....Women, you can attest to this. Have you ever got a call from a Man and he just had to try and start a stupid a** conversation with you? Askin' you stuff like: " How are you today?"
    You: "Fine, Thank You".... Him: "Oh, I bet you ARE!"....
    What kind of stuff is that????..... or what about when they start asking dumb obvious questions?, I be really wanting to say "Man,what tha' h*** do YOU WANT? C'mon, SPIT IT OUT D****** my Lunch Break is Comin' up!!!!.....But, I never do 'cause beneath it all I gots patience(yeah right!)

I be like" Get Tha' :playball: Outta Here!!!!