Black Spirituality Religion : Of Water and the Spirit

GeorgeM

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 10, 2008
Texas
I meant to do this awhile ago....

I must say this is an excellent book for anyone interested in self discovery.....bro blackbird had suggested this a couple of months ago.....he stated that it was generic teaching and it was but it is a very good read.....

basically a man from an african village was abducted as a small child and taken to a missionary where he was learned in all of the ways of the European thinking and history....this went on for fifteen years.....at age twenty he escaped and found his way back to his village.....problem is he no longer knew the language, the culture or the ways of his people.....

it was determined he had to go through a customary tradition of initiation that one goes through to bring out the process of being a man....

I wont spoil anything else for those who decide to read it (I know brother tyab did) but I took the entire story as a metaphor.....

the rituals of the initiation.....the altered states of consciousness he had to go through....surviving on just the land.... (the brother's name is Malidoma Patrice Some)......all of this was to help he 'remember' who he was.....as was stated in the book....we are all born with everything we need to survive in this life......all it takes is for us to remember it......

I believe we are all going through this now as we approach the shifting of the poles......this book was right on time for me.....highly recommend it if any of you get a chance

Ase to brother blackbird for suggesting this.....

anywho....just wanted to share.....

we now take you back to your regulary scheduled 'programming' LOL

(Yawns) Blackbird is awakening from a short slumber in the shadows (Stretching)

Disclaimer: This message is brought to you by a child of the darkness through the physical medium of he who is called Blackbird. Actual meaning can be lost in translation, but the spirit is always present even when the flesh fails to manifest it.

I have owned this book since 1998, I think (y'all don't get me to lying); each time I delved into it I get a different look. On one level that was and still is pertinent to me, Malidoma represents all African people who ancestors crossed over the waters of Kalunga to the wilderness of the unknowns. We have been disconnected from our Sie and as such we experience all forms of maladapative behavior. We have all entered the whiteman's initiation camp and received initiation into his mysteries of a slave. Our grandfather or rather, in our case, our grandmothers and grandfathers are calling us to return to the Way like old Isanusi of 2000 Seasons. We must experience Baor in order to center Self, the energies of Earth and Heaven met to concentrate the force within and fuel the primordial fire at the pit.

Blackbird, a medium of a child of the Dwt

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back