Black People : # of College Educated Generations

# of College Educated Generations in your Family?

Votes: 11 37.9%

Votes: 10 34.5%

Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 5+

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

This is a question that came to mind during Brother OldSoul's class.

How many college educated generations (4 yr graduates) do you have in your Family?

Even if only one person in that generation (self, parents, grands, greats, etc.), was able to finish college, it will qualify.

Please post in the poll above and leave your comments below.

I will respond first, by saying there are 2 generations in my Family, and vote in the poll too.

Thank You.

:heart:

Destee

I indicated 1, and that would be the case on both sides of my Family (Mother and Father). However, I am proud to say that my Mother decided to go back to school to 'pick up where she left off,' if you know what I mean.

Outside of that factor, I will be the first person from my Family to have what is often considered a Real College Education.

KD

i guess it would be two generations, then? mom(RIP) and my oldest sister.

(i "couldn't" do it: by the sophomore year of high school, i refused to continue in a system that categorically denied my mind and insisted that i wait for the rest of the students, rather than to push me as far and as hard as they could. i guess they didn't like the idea that the one Black student was smarter than all the other students! which, ironically, is the same reason that i dropped out of the work force 8 years later. ... *{!!epiphany!!*** duh! i guess i should move then, huh; i'm still living in the same school district, and i still get the same treatment!! (what?!! why does right-curly bracket plus asterisk get turned into three asterisks?)

"TechJunkie available for relocation!! Would prefer a climate similar to the pacific northwest, but would very much like to die in Africa." [hey! it IS gonna happen someday. when it does, i'd like for it to be at "Home"!])

my generation is the first to graduate... people would go and they never could afford to finish... however.... now we are making up for it in student laon debt... yeah for us... i will say that i am amazed at Condi Rice's family... I have never heard of so many people in one family all completing college and a lot of them completed grad school...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back