Black Authors : Octavia E. Butler

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Octavia E. Butler was an American science fiction writer, one of the best-known among the few African-American women in the field. She won both Hugo and Nebula awards. In 1995, she became the first science fiction writer to receive the MacArthur Foundation "Genius" Grant.

Parable of a Sower, Kindred and Wild Seed I think are must read books of hers!

Anyone else read any of her books?

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Octavia E. Butler

Octavia E. Butler was an American science fiction writer, one of the best-known among the few African-American women in the field. She won both Hugo and Nebula awards. In 1995, she became the first science fiction writer to receive the MacArthur Foundation "Genius" Grant.

Parable of a Sower, Kindred and Wild Seed I think are must read books of hers!

Anyone else read any of her books?

I haven't MsInterpret, but there are many bookworms around that probably have...we will see:)

Read a short story of hers a while ago, but I'm going to add her Kindred to my book list, thanks!

RIP Octavia E. Butler

Kindred is a wonderful book...If I've read everything else in the house I always go back and re-read Kindred over...Very entertaining

I am in the middle of reading Lilth's Brood. WOW! Book is mind boogling...It's one of her more far-out-there books. I had to give that one a rest for awhile...You really need an imagination to visualize what she is describing about.

Kindred is a wonderful book...If I've read everything else in the house I always go back and re-read Kindred over...Very entertaining

I am in the middle of reading Lilth's Brood. WOW! Book is mind boogling...It's one of her more far-out-there books. I had to give that one a rest for awhile...You really need an imagination to visualize what she is describing about.

I feel her and Toni Morrison share a unique style of writing..like a 'out this world kinda thing'' what do you think?

I know she leaned more on science fiction side; but still, I see similarities between her and Toni Morrison.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back